Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-08-2021, 15:10   #31
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters
Re: Define murder.

Of course it is murder.

The question is if it is justified and if a jury will convict you.

Inly one way to find out.

True story, shortened for brevity.

Many years ago one Sunday evening I walk into an ER room with my kid who MAY have swallowed some moth balls.

In the ER is a grandfather and his grandkid who wacked his leg with an ax, pretty good from the looks of things.

Receptionist tells me to take a number and a seat. I get stone walled.

I am in contact with Poison Control, who tells me the kid needs an emetic (sp? To throw up) in the next 15 mins or he may have sever damage. “Do what ever is required to get treatment, good luck.”

So I walk up to the sweet old grey haired receptionist and tell her “I am coming in in ONE MINUTE, one way or another.” I don’t think I voiced a threat, but I surely projected a threat.

In 30 seconds I had an ER MD wanting to know WTF my problem was, and who immediately took my kid in for treatment.

When I left Grandpa, still sitting with his unseen bleeding kid, admonished me for being extremely rude.

I was not moved.

You do what you gotta do and screw the rules.
Old 25-08-2021, 15:15   #32
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau 432, C&C Landfall 42, Roberts Offshore 38

so you can drop a bomb from the sky and indiscriminately kill 100,000 innocent people...
murder ???
Old 25-08-2021, 15:16   #33
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Define murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post
Of course it is murder.

The question is if it is justified and if a jury will convict you.

Inly one way to find out.

True story, shortened for brevity.

Many years ago one Sunday evening I walk into an ER room with my kid who MAY have swallowed some moth balls.

In the ER is a grandfather and his grandkid who wacked his leg with an ax, pretty good from the looks of things.

Receptionist tells me to take a number and a seat. I get stone walled.

I am in contact with Poison Control, who tells me the kid needs an emetic (sp? To throw up) in the next 15 mins or he may have sever damage. “Do what ever is required to get treatment, good luck.”

So I walk up to the sweet old grey haired receptionist and tell her “I am coming in in ONE MINUTE, one way or another.” I don’t think I voiced a threat, but I surely projected a threat.

In 30 seconds I had an ER MD wanting to know WTF my problem was, and who immediately took my kid in for treatment.

When I left Grandpa, still sitting with his unseen bleeding kid, admonished me for being extremely rude.

I was not moved.

You do what you gotta do and screw the rules.
Or.. save the hospitals time and make the kid swallow a bottle of cod liver oil.. then stick a finger down his throat..
Works every time..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 25-08-2021, 15:22   #34

Boat: Endeavourcat Sailcat 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by C420sailor View Post
Slippery slope. Obesity, smoking, drugs, etc...all costs a TON of money.

In the interests of fairness, we would have to start punishing those people, as well.

This is a road to a place no one wants to go, believe me.

If a vaccine was available to protect people from the consequences of those issues I would apply the same standards to them. It would really be great if we had a $40 shot to prevent obesity, smoking, drug addiction, and any number of other maladies. If they existed and one refused the vaccine I would think it totally appropriate for government and insurance companies to refuse to pay for treatment. I'm not saying don't treat them, only make the person responsible for their own bills out of pocket. This is not punishment, it is simply the consequence of a personal choice. Of course exceptions could be made for those who cannot take the vaccine for medical reasons or children who cannot make a choice because of the lack of an appropriate vaccine.
Old 25-08-2021, 15:23   #35

Boat: Hunter 340 '99

The LP is a troll. This thread is another example of why I almost never post here anymore. No one is making much effort to stop the politicization of this forum.