Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2021, 16:54   #211

Boat: Pearson 10M
Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post

Here's some more serious journalism for you to diss and avoid
(from a writer who just won a Pulitzer for his coronavirus coverage).

The free-rider thing is real. Not everyone who declines the vaccine is doing that - there are religious and medical reasons - but anyone who's declined it out of covid denial, or anti-vax BS, or for petty, partisan reasons, certainly is. The pandemic is a community problem; it requires a community effort to solve. The more people vaccinated, the better everyone is protected, including refusniks. Anyone who puts their partisan chest-thumping or pet conspiracies ahead of the real need to get as many as possible vaccinated is definitely catching a free ride.

Very informative post! So I can have a conspiracy theory as a pet? I've actually been looking for a pet that requires no care yet will thrive and grow bigger everyday regardless of what I do to it. Thanks!

( Sarcasm alert!)
Old 11-06-2021, 17:14   #212

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
You really should chill with the continuous "selfish / free rider" name calling here, Mike. It's ugly, disrespects others' right to make personal choices regarding their own health decisions and borders on abusive behavior.

And it certainly is not persuasive in any way.
No. It's calling a spade a spade. And I'm amused that those of you on that side of the choice don't honestly own it (like Cat finally did).

I pay utmost respect to those who deserve it. I see nothing worth respecting from those who willingly choose to put others at risk of Covid-19.

As I said, if it was only your health that was in play, then I say fill your boots. Do whatever you want. It's why I'm in favour of decriminalizing all manner of recreational drugs, and why I'm fully supportive of individuals doing crazy things like sailing off a small boats.

The difference is that these only (or largely) affect the individual making the choice. The choice to ignore public health actions in a pandemic is patently NOT a choice that only affects the individual. It affects everyone around you.

It's like choosing to drive drunk. Should I have respect for that personal choice? No... and the same goes here.
Old 11-06-2021, 17:50   #213
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagablu View Post
You did not address the question. Again, what political agenda is supported by dead people. You made the statement, support it. Bill Gates and robots has nothing to do with it. If you can't support it that's ok too.
Political agenda's create dead people, not the arse about face viewpoint you're putting forward..
You brought up taxes in case you forgot..
The only thing dead people support is the earth above them.. for a while.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
Old 11-06-2021, 19:24   #214

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

OK, what religion do I need to join to get rid of this stupid insults an your abusive behavior. Which one would be sufficent to not be called a free rider, but respected as a person with free will.

Btw, the risk from the vaccines is real, and it is the person who suffers and dies and not the society around, so there is a reason you are asked if you agree to get it or not.
Old 11-06-2021, 19:27   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
OK, what religion do I need to join to get rid of this stupid insults an your abusive behavior. Which one would be sufficent to not be called a free rider, but respected as a person with free will.

Well, not posting anti-vax BS on a cruising forum would be a good start.
Old 11-06-2021, 19:35   #216
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Btw, the risk from the vaccines is real, and it is the person who suffers and dies and not the society around, so there is a reason you are asked if you agree to get it or not.
Agreed.

Quote:
OK, what religion do I need to join to get rid of this stupid insults an your abusive behavior. Which one would be sufficent to not be called a free rider, but respected as a person with free will.....
The risk from the virus is also real which is why one is offered a vaccine.

Yes, a person has free will however the respect offered is totally dependant on how one exercises one's free will. No religion required.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 11-06-2021, 20:17   #217

Just saying.

Best regards,
QAnon

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vaccine magnet.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	240191  
Old 12-06-2021, 04:16   #218

Boat: Pearson 10M

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Political agenda's create dead people, not the arse about face viewpoint you're putting forward..
You brought up taxes in case you forgot..
The only thing dead people support is the earth above them.. for a while.
Well that's about a hundred percent wrong. Politics aren't killing people, stupid people are killing people. Clearly it is an association between people doing stupid things and political affiliation, why I do not understand. There was no reason to politicize Covid, but someone decided that dying people made them look bad so they chose to make it political. The virus doesn't care what party your registered with, true equal opportunity.

You're not being clear again what exactly is my arse about face viewpoint? Here I'll make it easy for you, is it my viewpoint that people are dying of preventable disease? Is it my viewpoint that politics have completely derailed a sensible approach to handling this pandemic? Could it be the one where people have a belief and will take any shred of unsupportable evidence to further view point? Which one there you go I gave you multiple choice.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:47   #219
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagablu View Post
Well that's about a hundred percent wrong. Politics aren't killing people, stupid people are killing people. Clearly it is an association between people doing stupid things and political affiliation, why I do not understand. There was no reason to politicize Covid, but someone decided that dying people made them look bad so they chose to make it political. The virus doesn't care what party your registered with, true equal opportunity.

You're not being clear again what exactly is my arse about face viewpoint? Here I'll make it easy for you, is it my viewpoint that people are dying of preventable disease? Is it my viewpoint that politics have completely derailed a sensible approach to handling this pandemic? Could it be the one where people have a belief and will take any shred of unsupportable evidence to further view point? Which one there you go I gave you multiple choice.
I really don't give a $hit what your political viewpoint is.. but you seem hellbent on accrediting me with one.. seems you share the attitude along with a few others here that anyone who dares to exercise their rights of freedom of choice is a far right extremist of some kind or stupid..
I can't understand why so many Americans share this attitude, you have a bill of rights to support your freedoms.
Yet when I look at the daily slaughter by idiots with assault rifles etc in your country and the outrage if anyone tries to stop it as you scream Freedoms..
Where is your outrage and moral concern for the children killed and crippled when your toys are threatened with being taken away..
People were dying of preventable diseases long before Covid appeared, people are dying of preventable famines today.. so don't give me your crocodile tears for the world.. you only give a $hit because you felt directly threatened.
Personally I think most Americans are politically stupid when they keep voting in the people they have in the House's.. don't even start me on the Presidency..
Maybe I just believe in Natural Selection.. clean out the Gene Pool..

Old 12-06-2021, 05:54   #220

Boat: X442

If the participants of this discussion were moored side by side in a marina somewhere, I am pretty sure there would be a more civilized, kind, debate. But with this social **** show the internet is turning into, civilized debate has gone out of the window putting the masses exactly where the ruling class wants it to be: divided and, dare I say it, ignorant. We need to wake up and smell the cof... ******** before we end up in some version of a brave new world.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:18   #221
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinSdL View Post
If the participants of this discussion were moored side by side in a marina somewhere, I am pretty sure there would be a more civilized, kind, debate. .
Hein.!!! You been sniffing the paint thinners again.???

Old 12-06-2021, 06:25   #222

Quote:
... you seem hellbent on accrediting me with [a political agenda].. seems you share the attitude along with a few others here that anyone who dares to exercise their rights of freedom of choice is a far right extremist of some kind or stupid..
Takes two to tango...

As per HeinSdL, yes this seems to be just another protracted online spat that would not normally break out in real life... though this sort of online partisan sparring does seem to be spilling into face-to-face conversations more often.

Thing is... choices have consequences. If people understand and own the consequences of their choice, then fine. And what exactly is the problem HERE on CF? It's not that people have made choices; it's that people have made choices then shown up here to proclaim their choice, shower us with covid denial or anti-vax nonsense, and tell the rest of us that we're sheeple. On a cruising forum, did I mention that?

I'm as guilty as anyone, but I am generally responding to some posted nonsense or BS.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:31   #223
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Takes two to tango...

As per HeinSdL, yes this seems to be just another protracted online spat that would not normally break out in real life... though this sort of online partisan sparring does seem to be spilling into face-to-face conversations more often.

Thing is... choices have consequences. If people understand and own the consequences of their choice, then fine. And what exactly is the problem HERE on CF? It's not that people have made choices; it's that people have made choices then shown up here to proclaim their choice, shower us with covid denial or anti-vax nonsense, and tell the rest of us that we're sheeple. On a cruising forum, did I mention that?

I'm as guilty as anyone, but I am generally responding to some posted nonsense or BS.
It seemed rude to ignore the invitation..
Aww diddums.. did being inferred to as part of the 'Sheeple' offend you.. seems a trivial insult compared to what your side has thrown out.
I think you should take note of who starts in these threads..

Old 12-06-2021, 06:40   #224

Quote:
It seemed rude to ignore the invitation..
Aww diddums.. did being inferred to as part of the 'Sheeple' offend you.. seems a trivial insult compared to what your side has thrown out.
I think you should take note of who starts in these threads..
I have.

You do have an agenda, whether you admit it or not. I can't quite determine whether it's just self-justification, extreme boredom from not being out doing deliveries, a sliver from your barstool, or the toll of advanced years. (Brexit...wtf? )
Old 12-06-2021, 06:47   #225
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
I have.

You do have an agenda, whether you admit it or not. I can't quite determine whether it's just self-justification, extreme boredom from not being out doing deliveries, a sliver from your barstool, or the toll of advanced years. (Brexit...wtf? )
Still finding it uncomfortable you can't find a box to put me in..
Join the queue...