Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2021, 13:33   #166

Boat: Pearson 10M
Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Guess your not aware of the games being played in Europe being an American..
Threats of vaccine exports and ingredients being blocked to the UK..
France and Germany belittling AstraZeneca in its early days to such an extent many in Europe's population started refusing to take it, thus resulting in millions of doses sitting in warehouses around Europe, and this was before the rare blood clot effect emerged.
Blocking 500,000 doses of AZ to Australia despite no one in Europe using them..
The games politicians play... then you wonder why folks don't believe them.
That's a completely different point then you were making earlier. Anyway yes, I am aware of what's going on in Europe. That group- think approach to public health is just idiotic. It is a reality however that the message has to be carefully curated, sorry to say but most people are incapable of making a proper benefit / risk assessment, and then they think they're smarter than they are. The UK basically had it right, just get shots in arms, seemed to have worked out well. No, I don't wonder why no one believes politicians. Did you hear about the idiot senator who wanted to know if we can adjust the orbit of the Sun and Moon the combat global warming? I teach a class in the medical school of the local State University twice a year. The first thing I tell the students, is "if you hear a politician about health or health care, assume they know nothing of what they speak".
Old 09-06-2021, 13:43   #167
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
Propaganda

noun

A committee of cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church responsible for foreign missions, founded in 1622 by Pope Gregory XV.

ORIGIN
Italian, from modern Latin congregatio de propaganda fide ‘congregation for propagation of the faith’

Just saying.

Love it...
Keep pushing the Faith Gord, L.E et al..
Tis easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for a non believer to enter the kingdom of Covid..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 09-06-2021, 13:49   #168
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagablu View Post
That's a completely different point then you were making earlier. Anyway yes, I am aware of what's going on in Europe. That group- think approach to public health is just idiotic. It is a reality however that the message has to be carefully curated, sorry to say but most people are incapable of making a proper benefit / risk assessment, and then they think they're smarter than they are. The UK basically had it right, just get shots in arms, seemed to have worked out well. No, I don't wonder why no one believes politicians. Did you hear about the idiot senator who wanted to know if we can adjust the orbit of the Sun and Moon the combat global warming? I teach a class in the medical school of the local State University twice a year. The first thing I tell the students, is "if you hear a politician about health or health care, assume they know nothing of what they speak".
It was exactly my point.. peoples lives don't matter unless they suit political agendas..
You just saw what you wanted to see.

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 09-06-2021, 13:50   #169

Quote:
Love it...
Keep pushing the Faith Gord, L.E et al..
Tis easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for a non believer to enter the kingdom of Covid..
Martin Luther you ain't.
Old 09-06-2021, 13:57   #170
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Martin Luther you ain't.
I thought the saying went a bit further back..

Old 09-06-2021, 14:42   #171

Quote:
It was exactly my point.. peoples lives don't matter unless they suit political agendas..
You just saw what you wanted to see.
I wanted to see 500,000 people dead in the US? Exactly whose political agenda does that help? Please also explain why you think I want to see people dead.
Old 09-06-2021, 14:56   #172

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
You're not getting one? Fine, your decision. Own the consequences ...

Accept the consequences?? Take responsibility for their "very personal decision"??? That is the one thing these folks won't do.
Old 09-06-2021, 15:02   #173

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Accept the consequences?? Take responsibility for their "very personal decision"??? That is the one thing these folks won't do.
Of course we do. If we get sick, we will get through it, as we would do with any other cold or flu - nobody else has to take the consequences, it is always personal.
Old 09-06-2021, 15:03   #174
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagablu View Post
I wanted to see 500,000 people dead in the US? Exactly whose political agenda does that help? Please also explain why you think I want to see people dead.
There you go again.. personalising things and seeing things that were not said..
Rise above and view the whole picture and the Games people play.
What was yesterdays 'racist propaganda' is todays investigation by the New Sheriff in town being just one example of the many plays being made around the world.
Build Back Better..

Old 09-06-2021, 15:04   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Of course we do. If we get sick, we will get through it, as we would do with any other cold or flu.

And the fact that you've likely also spread it to others through your wilful act?
Old 09-06-2021, 15:06   #176

Quote:
And the fact that you've likely also spread it to others through your wilful act?
How could we if all are vaccinated who wanted the shot?
Old 09-06-2021, 15:14   #177

Quote:
Ignorance and selfishness seems to be an impenetrable combination. I still don't understand the pleasure in broadcasting it, though.
Old 09-06-2021, 16:18   #178

Quote:
There you go again.. personalising things and seeing things that were not said..
Rise above and view the whole picture and the Games people play.
What was yesterdays 'racist propaganda' is todays investigation by the New Sheriff in town being just one example of the many plays being made around the world.
Build Back Better..
Games? I'm reacting to only what you said, how you impersonalized the death of many and the long-term consequences at other suffer. Perhaps if you had seen the refrigerated trucks outside the hospitals with bodies in them, or listen to a long-term client cry for an hour after both his parents died, perhaps you'd have a different view. These are real people who have loved ones who are dying Iand having long-term consequences. You choose to ignore that to further your point of view. Your implication that I am in any way being led by any propaganda from any source is wrong, without basis, and insulting. I've been in public health for 32 years, I get my information from the same sources that I have since the beginning. Don't care about games people play, since this seems to be a lot of playing here. Facts and a dispassionate review is all I care about. I can only conclude since you have no factual argument to support your position you have to deny the facts based on politics and whatever else You think is happening, sorry just not reality. Be well
Old 09-06-2021, 16:25   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
How could we if all are vaccinated who wanted the shot?
You are not vaccinated.

The vaccine does not provide 100% protection. Nothing does. So you are willing to put others at risk through your own personal choice. And by your own math, 1 in 100 of those who contract Covid-19 will die.

But here's the important fact. By allowing the vaccine a host (you), you are perpetuating and extending the pandemic. So this affects everyone in a broad sense.

These are just a few of the consequences of your personal choice. The others will be societies response to your personal choice.

As I've said repeatedly, if the impact only affects you, then I say fill your boots! Do whatever the heck you want. But unless you are going to move to desert island, you are wilfully putting others at risk; most especially for those who can't be vaccinated.

Quote:
Ignorance and selfishness seems to be an impenetrable combination. I still don't understand the pleasure in broadcasting it, though.

It is confounding .
Old 09-06-2021, 16:38   #180

Today another casualty of the vaccine in Germany, man in the 40's died after his Astra shot, was healthy before....

No thank you.