Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2021, 08:18   #436

Boat: Westerly Conway 36ft
Thumbs up Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
While not a good sign...it's not quite as bad as suggested. This was a lab test focused on antibodies.
- It still shows neutralizing antibody capacity, just at a lower level. What that likely means is a mild case if you get the variant. Your body already has a leg up as it's no longer "novel".
- This only considers antibodies. There are multiple avenues your body uses to fight off infections. So it could mean nothing if those other parts of the immune system.
- Finally, the vaccine manufacturers are already adapting their vaccines to accommodate new variants. Unlike the initial development and testing, these are expected to only take a couple of months to get to market.

So unwelcome but not that disturbing or unexpected.
Thank you for posting that reassuring information.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:57   #437

Boat: boatless currently
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Survivors survive.
Old 06-03-2021, 18:38   #438
cruiser

Hello my friends. I have nothing against vaccines, I had many in my life and probably will get many more on a voluntary basis . But I do not agree with forced vaccination ( vaccine passport)
No , the police or military will not come and vaccinate you by force , it’s much smarter than that. No access to public events, not allowed on a plane , not allowed to work and for the totally innocent young ones not allowed in schools!! All that for a fake pandemic from a virus with 99.5 % rate of recovery !!
Thankfully it will not go thru because despite the powerful propaganda people can still see right from wrong.
God bless you all.
Old 06-03-2021, 18:59   #439

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomPerignon View Post
Hello my friends. I have nothing against vaccines, I had many in my life and probably will get many more on a voluntary basis . But I do not agree with forced vaccination ( vaccine passport)
No , the police or military will not come and vaccinate you by force , it’s much smarter than that. No access to public events, not allowed on a plane , not allowed to work and for the totally innocent young ones not allowed in schools!! All that for a fake pandemic from a virus with 99.5 % rate of recovery !!
Thankfully it will not go thru because despite the powerful propaganda people can still see right from wrong.
God bless you all.
Forced vaccinations aren’t new.

All school kids already have them, including you and I.

You can’t travel to many places in the Caribbean without your yellow fever vaccination.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:35   #440
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomPerignon View Post
No , the police or military will not come and vaccinate you by force , it’s much smarter than that. No access to public events, not allowed on a plane , no recovery !!
God bless you all.
Fake pandemic? Perhaps tell that to the 520,000 dead in the US or the 2,600,000 that have died worldwide.

Also data shows survival rate 1.8% in the US and average 2.2% world wide as many countries do not have the benefit of the health care system we have in the US. Note I use the word survival not recovery as current information shows up to 30% of the survivors, even those with mild or even asymptomatic cases, have ongoing health problems. Since the pandemic is only a year old it is unknown if these problems will eventually go away or will be permanent. A study by the University of Ohio indicated possible permanent heart damage.

Propaganda? Yes from your post it is clear that there is propaganda being disseminated.
Old 07-03-2021, 05:25   #441

Boat: Hatteras CPMY 63’

No jab, no job!
Old 07-03-2021, 05:31   #442

Boat: Boatless for now, looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodland Hills View Post
No jab, no job!

Yes, I believe that will be the stand most companies take. A whole lot less disruption to the flow of work.
Best wishes all.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:08   #443

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Fake pandemic? Perhaps tell that to the 520,000 dead in the US or the 2,600,000 that have died worldwide.
Propaganda? Yes from your post it is clear that there is propaganda being disseminated.
No kidding... We have a whole thread discussing the spread of misinformation. A sad statement of our times.
Old 07-03-2021, 08:17   #444

Boat: Westerly Conway 36ft

"All that for a fake pandemic from a virus with 99.5 % rate of recovery !!"

I was going to respond but why bother talking to idiots? Best I leave it at that. Just be aware please that the people who died from Covid or Covid related issues all left people behind - some of them will be on this forum. 125,000 deaths & counting in the UK. Not fake.
Old 07-03-2021, 17:42   #445

Boat: Boatless for now, looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clivevon View Post
"All that for a fake pandemic from a virus with 99.5 % rate of recovery !!"

I was going to respond but why bother talking to idiots? Best I leave it at that. Just be aware please that the people who died from Covid or Covid related issues all left people behind - some of them will be on this forum. 125,000 deaths & counting in the UK. Not fake.
Thank you, I lost a cousin to this. I also have no patience what soever with idiots.
Old 07-03-2021, 18:46   #446

Boat: Hunnter Legend 37.5

Cliveon and midnight son,

I truly feel your pain. I am a pulmonary and critical care physician in philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the United states. I have lost 70% of the patients that came into my intensive Care unit with covid-19. Many of them were 35 to 50 years old. None of them had comorbidities. This is the reality of this disease.

All of that said, interpretation of data and the written word is heterogeneous. People may not come to similar conclusions although they read or look at the same study, article, or data. You will not convert someone's way of thinking. Thinking that it is possible to do so, and then failing at that task will lead to further frustrations.

The entire world is in this together, and people are going to respond differently. All you can do is wear your mask, get vaccinated, and take all of the appropriate precautions for yourselves, while remaining unattached to what others are doing. This is the only way to manage your energy.

As I said earlier, I appreciate your frustrations. I am very upset when a patient comes into the ICU because they chose to go to a restaurant, or a dinner party or a celebration which results in their death. However we must refrain from denigrating one another by the use of terms like idiot, stupid, etc, which furthers the divide between us.

I am very sorry for your losses. I truly feel your pain. Stay safe, protect yourselves and your families and let go of what others do for your own health and stress levels.

Kindest regards,
Ben
Old 07-03-2021, 19:57   #447

Boat: Nonsuch 30Ultra Grand Banks 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodland Hills View Post
No jab, no job!
And:
No jab, no flight
No jab, no gov't paid hospitalization for recovery
No jab, no sympathy
Old 08-03-2021, 02:48   #448

Boat: Herreshoff 36

People wearing masks, accepting curfew and lockdowns more than a year now. And now there's vaccination.
Surprise, surprise the case numbers grow again. Hmm. Something doesn't add up.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:11   #449

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahun View Post
People wearing masks, accepting curfew and lockdowns more than a year now. And now there's vaccination.
Surprise, surprise the case numbers grow again. Hmm. Something doesn't add up.

People got sloppy maybe?
Old 08-03-2021, 07:40   #450

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post

Also data shows survival rate 1.8% in the US and average 2.2% world wide as many countries do not have the benefit of the health care system we have in the US. Note I use the word survival not recovery as current information shows up to 30% of the survivors, even those with mild or even asymptomatic cases, have ongoing health problems. Since the pandemic is only a year old it is unknown if these problems will eventually go away or will be permanent. A study by the University of Ohio indicated possible permanent heart damage.

Outragious. and now tell me how many people died worldwide without covid.

My estimate on 7.8 billion people and an average live expectancy of 60 years is about 130 million deaths world wide, 2.6 million are more or less 2%, so 98% died without covid, and in a fair world that should concern us 50 times more than covid, because only 1 in 50 deaths is with or on covid.

Tags