Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2021, 04:58   #961

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belezar View Post
Me too, but you’ll never get through the tin foil. I use ignore. It makes this thread much shorter, and hopefully keeps me from saying something the mods don’t like, which would mean I have lowered myself to somewhere I don’t really want to be anyway. I have a brother-in-law who doesn’t think we’ve been to the moon. I just don’t engage. It’s tough, but once someone gets to those places, nothing you or I say will change a thing. Or have the chemtrails warped my brain?
Yes, as I said, there's really no point engaging with these folks. It's like . It only feels better once you stop .

If we could stick to the actual topic of this thread, it would be far more interesting to most of us.

Quote:
Congrats to those who, like me and everyone in my extended family, have gotten their jabs.
I can report that after two days I've had virtually no symptoms from my Moderna jab. A very slight soreness around the injection site is all I've felt. My spouse has a sore arm and was quite fatigued yesterday with a low-grade fever. Today she's back down to just a bit of a soreness around the injection site.

So pretty benign ... but I still can't shoot lasers from my eyes .
Old 13-04-2021, 05:19   #962

Boat: Southerly 57

So on topic, both me and my SO came down with Covid after the first jab (Pfizer). Mine came pretty close to the time of jab, probably 3-4 days. Hers was 15 days later. We both had symptoms and both tested positive. We think, but don’t know, that someone brought it to our farm and we were too relaxed. Our symptoms were mild, and mine disappeared with ibuprofen. We probably got a variant, again we’ll never know. So - be careful out there! 95% efficacy still means there can be spread, especially the variants. On symptom I haven’t heard about is extreme crankiness. One of us had that, but I’m not saying who! ��
Old 13-04-2021, 05:28   #963
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
... We probably got a variant, again we’ll never know. So - be careful out there! 95% efficacy still means there can be spread, especially the variants...
"Genomic surveillance:
What it is and why we need more of it to track coronavirus variants and help end the COVID-19 pandemic”
~ by Doctors Alexander Sundermann, Lee Harrison , & Vaughn Cooper
“You can’t fix what you don’t measure” is a maxim in the business world. And it holds true in the world of public health as well.
Morehttps://theconversation.com/genomic-...andemic-157540

Old 13-04-2021, 05:34   #964
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Johnson & Johnson halted in US over blood clots.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 13-04-2021, 05:46   #965

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
So on topic, both me and my SO came down with Covid after the first jab (Pfizer). Mine came pretty close to the time of jab, probably 3-4 days. Hers was 15 days later. We both had symptoms and both tested positive. We think, but don’t know, that someone brought it to our farm and we were too relaxed. Our symptoms were mild, and mine disappeared with ibuprofen. We probably got a variant, again we’ll never know. So - be careful out there! 95% efficacy still means there can be spread, especially the variants. On symptom I haven’t heard about is extreme crankiness. One of us had that, but I’m not saying who! ��
This might explain the mood of these threads .

Unfortunate news about getting the infection Belezar so close your vaccination. But glad to hear it worked out OK. I've been nervously joking about this happening with my spouse and I. It takes two to three weeks for the jab to inspire the full immune response, so I feel like I should be extra careful during this time.

As you say, none of these vaccines provide 100% protection -- nothing does. And as this virus mutates we'll always be on the defensive. This is why the primary purpose and benefit of mass vaccinations are not to protect the individual, but to protect the community. This is why every holdout (no matter how strong they think their own immune system is) weakens the protection for everyone.
Old 13-04-2021, 07:52   #966

Boat: Sceptre 41

On a positive note about mRNA vaccines...
https://kottke.org/21/04/katalin-kar...-mrna-vaccines
Old 13-04-2021, 07:53   #967

Meanwhile back on to the subject of the thread. Play Nice.

The US recommended suspending the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for a safety review involving rare blood clots, just as Europe was about to start using it.

The US CDC and FDA both recommended immediate suspension of the use of the vaccine while 6 reports of blood clots were being investigated. So far 6.8 million doses of J&J vaccine have been used in the US. The European Medicines Agency is also investigating the U.S. cases of rare blood clots. The vaccine was approved for use in Europe on March 11. On Wednesday, the EMA listed unusual blood clots as a adverse side effect of the vaccine.

This could lead to a further slowing of vaccinations.

J&J is aiming to deliver 55 million doses of the vaccine to the 27 EU member states, plus Norway and Iceland, by the end of June; for the following quarter, the target is 120 million doses. It is a single-shot vaccine, so requires half as many doses as the Pfizer, Moderna, or AstraZeneca shots.
The African Union has also ordered 400 million doses of the J&J vaccine, 220 millions of which are expected to be delivered from June. Australia, by contrast, has said that it would not be ordering doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, because of its similarities to the AstraZeneca vaccine. And Australia has discontinued the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine hence Australia no longer expects to be able to vaccinate all of its adult population this year due to a lack of supply of vaccines.

I perceive 2021 to be a long slow transition year for this pandemic, with the new normal to settle in by mid to late 2022. Some countries will be ahead of the curve while many countries will lag due to lack of supply and vaccine hesitancy limiting the onset of "herd immunity".

My wife and I have had two jabs of the Moderna vaccine, with no adverse effects going on a month after the second dose. Still bald, was hoping that the vaccine would cause my hair to grow back to my youthful state
Old 13-04-2021, 07:59   #968

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
Meanwhile back on to the subject of the thread. Play Nice.

The US recommended suspending the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for a safety review involving rare blood clots, just as Europe was about to start using it.

The US CDC and FDA both recommended immediate suspension of the use of the vaccine while 6 reports of blood clots were being investigated. So far 6.8 million doses of J&J vaccine have been used in the US. The European Medicines Agency is also investigating the U.S. cases of rare blood clots. The vaccine was approved for use in Europe on March 11. On Wednesday, the EMA listed unusual blood clots as a adverse side effect of the vaccine.
approx 1 in 1 million...
Old 13-04-2021, 08:18   #969

Boat: Down East Yachts, Downeaster 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post

So pretty benign ... but I still can't shoot lasers from my eyes .

Me neither. A little disappointed TBH.
Downeaster 38 #40
"Downeast Yachts - More sailing per mile since 1975"
Old 13-04-2021, 09:00   #970

Boat: Chris Craft 381 Catalina

Just got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine a couple of hours ago. So far so good, I'm still waiting to see if my arm gets sore. At this point, my arm has a very faint ache at times, but I honestly can't tell if it's from the vaccine or if it's just one of the muscles that's been sore from doing too much work on the boat the last few days.
Old 13-04-2021, 09:17   #971

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslifkin View Post
Just got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine a couple of hours ago. So far so good, I'm still waiting to see if my arm gets sore. At this point, my arm has a very faint ache at times, but I honestly can't tell if it's from the vaccine or if it's just one of the muscles that's been sore from doing too much work on the boat the last few days.
That’s about all I had for arm soreness. Although I did have a different vaccine.
Old 13-04-2021, 12:07   #972
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Big Pharma uses Big Tobacco's strategy to defeat Ivermectin
Quote:
Blurring or confusing the facts as a tactic proved remarkably effective. But by far, the craftiest ruse was for the Tobacco Industry to pretend to embrace the research and set up their own studies. Because by controlling the study design, they could control the outcome.
https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...764c1bf9e.html
Old 13-04-2021, 12:33   #973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
Big Pharma uses Big Tobacco's strategy to defeat Ivermectin

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...764c1bf9e.html

If you've read a little bit more widely about Ivermectin and why it hasn't gotten more attention, you would know that drug trials are expensive and labour-intensive, and yes, the fact that it's cheap and out of patent means that no company would be interested in paying for trials.

A question you should ask yourself - why didn't Operation Warp Speed, or a similar government program, also fund the search for treatment options? Or why aren't more developing countries jumping on Ivermectin?

I guess the simplest answer is that vaccines represent a more cost-effective investment; it stops the pandemic rather than just helping treat those who get sick. Vaccines are a no-brainer. Get vaccinated already, people.

I do agree with you that there should also be more attention paid to promising treatments like Ivermectin, or these new ones. But, with over a year of overtime and other shortages, there doesn't seem to be any slack in healthcare systems to run more trials.

These drugs ARE approved for trial or compassionate use, so why aren't more doctors using them? Because of a lack of resources, basically - time, labour,... money. Not because "Big Pharma" is blocking them.

So you're essentially correct to be concerned that treatments are less favoured than vaccines... but in your nutty obsessions with conspiracies and "Big Pharma", you've missed the more interesting truth about why.
Old 13-04-2021, 13:04   #974

US FDA and CDC guidance regarding the Johnson & Johnson vaccine

People who have received the J&J vaccine who develop severe headache, abdominal pain, leg pain, or shortness of breath within three weeks after vaccination should contact their health care provider.
Old 13-04-2021, 13:15   #975
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

The existing trials are showing that Ivermectin is extremely effective as a pre-exposure prophylactic. Many countries and regions have been distributing it, some for over a year now. With the production cost at pennies per dose, there is no more cost effective treatment. Many developing countries are endorsing it as a treatment option.
But the point made in the article that I posted is a fox/henhouse one. These (convicted felon) corporations pretend to embrace the research and set up their own studies. By controlling the study design, they can control the outcome.

LE, do you get paid per post or per word? Where do I sign up?

The following are links to Ivermectin as a prohylactic (preventative) research:

https://www.jcdr.net/articles/PDF/14529/46795_CE[Ra]_F(Sh)_PF1(SY_OM)_PFA_(OM)_PN(KM).pdf
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...0?view=results
https://assets.researchsquare.com/fi...6cecd4b5a5.pdf
https://medicalpressopenaccess.com/u...09669_1007.pdf
https://pdf.sciencedirectassets.com/...qa&type=client
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...24857920304684
https://www.ejmed.org/index.php/ejme...e/view/599/337
https://trialsjournal.biomedcentral....63-020-04813-1
https://assets.researchsquare.com/fi...c123bbd225.pdf
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...377v1.full.pdf

Quote:
More than 20 countries, including Greece, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Slovakia and the Czech Republic in the EU, have now included ivermectin in their Covid-19 management strategies. Several South American countries have seen Covid-19 infections fall sharply following the introduction of mass treatment with ivermectin.
https://www.pharmacymagazine.co.uk/i...arkable-effect

Tags