Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2021, 10:59   #1

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,
covid-19 post vaccinated information

,Thought this may be a topic of interest ONLY FOR POST VACCINATED MEMBERS.
I hope this does not turn into a thread to discuss the pros and cons,plenty of opinions on different threads already available.

As we go about getting vaccinated there may be members that have side effects or unwanted symptoms,as well as questions related.
May be of interest to share those,how you dealt with and found helpful.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today had my first Pfizer shot and will have the second in two weeks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far is too early to tell.

The Carteret County Dpt of Health NC put up a very impressive display of organization with lots of staff available to help any body with questions considering these are over the 75 y/o group lots of questions.
In and out about 40 minutes
Old 20-10-2021, 12:24   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: covid-19 post vaccinated information

Natural COVID immunity might not last

Unvaccinated people, who have been infected with SARS-CoV-2, are at risk of reinfection, within a couple years, according to a model [1], based on knowledge of SARS-CoV-2 and other coronaviruses.
Researchers combined long-term data for ‘endemic’, or continually circulating, coronaviruses that can cause the common cold, with genetic data from SARS-CoV-2, and the closely related coronaviruses SARS-CoV, and MERS-CoV.
The results suggest that the average reinfection risk rises from about 5% at 4 months after initial infection to 50% by 17 months, without measures such as masking and vaccination.
“Immunity is relatively short-lived,” says bioinformatician Jeffrey Townsend. “You should still get vaccinated even if you got infected.”

More about ➥ https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02825-8

[1] “The durability of immunity against reinfection by SARS-CoV-2: a comparative evolutionary study” ~ by Prof Jeffrey P Townsend, PhD et al
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...219-6/fulltext

See also:

“COVID super-immunity: one of the pandemic’s great puzzles”
People who have previously recovered from COVID-19 have a stronger immune response, after being vaccinated, than those who have never been infected. Scientists are trying to find out why.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02795-x

Old 28-10-2021, 01:39   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

FDA Advisory Committee Votes in Favor of Granting Emergency Use Authorization for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine in Children 5 to <12 Years

A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) vaccines and related biological products advisory committee has voted [17-0, with 1 abstention] in favour of Pfizer-BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine for children five to 11 years old.

The FDA isn't bound by the committee's recommendation, but is expected to take it into consideration, and make its decision within days.

The FDA analysis calculated, that in most scenarios of the continuing pandemic, the vaccine would prevent roughly 200 to 250 COVID-19 hospitalizations for every 1 million children vaccinated, with about 58 hospitalizations for the heart inflammation.

Pfizer press release ➥ https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...-emergency-use

American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) news report ➥
https://www.aappublications.org/news...hildren-102621

Old 18-11-2021, 09:52   #4

Boat: Jeanneau 41 DS

FDA also asked a federal judge to delay any information about Pfeizer Covid Vaccine data that was used to make a decision to approve the vaccine for 55 years. That should tell you a lot.
You want information about Covid Vaccines, VAERS, side affects....look up Dr Peter McCullough speaking at the 78th Annual Meeting of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons on October 2, 2021. You can also look up Dr Stephanie Seneff interview on Jul2, 2021 with RAIRFoundationUSA.

https://rumble.com/vnc5yk-dr.-peter-...pies-aaps.html

https://rumble.com/vjcavz-prominent-...rative-di.html

abe
Old 18-11-2021, 10:20   #5
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

McCullough is not a very credible person really. He has been roundly criticised
Old 18-11-2021, 10:32   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davil View Post

As we go about getting vaccinated there may be members that have side effects or unwanted symptoms, as well as questions related.
May be of interest to share those, how you dealt with and found helpful.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today had my first Pfizer shot and will have the second in two weeks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far is too early to tell.
It's not really too early to tell at all. Both Moderna and PFizer Trials started March, 2020. Authorization for bot Moderna and Pfiszer distribution was Dec. 2020. We now have almost 20 months of data to analyze and a year of general distribution data over a massive sample of people.

The symptoms and side effects have been widely analyzed and published in that time. An Ad-hoc, anecdotal survey of a ridiculously small sample will be completely inconclusive. At best it will yield exactly what we have known for a long time.

I appreciate that you are cautious, and as a result a late adopter. Hey at least you got it!!!
Old 18-11-2021, 11:09   #7

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
It's not really too early to tell at all. Both Moderna and PFizer Trials started March, 2020. Authorization for bot Moderna and Pfiszer distribution was Dec. 2020. We now have almost 20 months of data to analyze and a year of general distribution data over a massive sample of people.

The symptoms and side effects have been widely analyzed and published in that time. An Ad-hoc, anecdotal survey of a ridiculously small sample will be completely inconclusive. At best it will yield exactly what we have known for a long time.

I appreciate that you are cautious, and as a result a late adopter. Hey at least you got it!!!
=================================
sorry, I was not clear on "too early to tell"
actually was my twisted sense of humor and said on tongue in cheek mode, referring to checking for microchips implanted/circulating in my blood!!!
Also, I was not a late adopter, was first to apply as soon as North Carolina made it available, January this year, got my second as per CDC scheduled, and now my booster few weeks ago.
Still cautious with indoors activities, no indoor restaurant for me, but plenty of outdoor eateries.
No gym but replaced by biking.
Double masking when need to shop on places where I anticipate the threat of Covidiots, fortunately their numbers continue to go decrease as they get infected and die, survive with some type of immunity or have been infected and had a subclinical
post infection and also are somehow protected.
Go Darwin go
But then carriers both on the vaccinated and Covidiots remain a problem, caution required.
Normally do not participate on discussions re"Covid as there is enough information available and people already made decisions, more likely cemented and locked.
And like old Chinese wise man said, Arguing with a foul makes two

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...-distribution/

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...-distribution/