Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2020, 00:55   #31
Marine Service Provider

Re: Corona pandemic, positively affects boat sales

**UPDATE**

Yesterday IBI published that the trend has also been reported in the USA and Scandinavia.

Reports of strong buyer interest at dealerships in America are being echoed in Scandinavia where the summer season is approaching and buyers are looking for alternative holiday options”, the opening paragraph of Scandinavia sees uptick in buyer interest >>
Old 13-05-2020, 04:51   #32

Re: Corona pandemic, positively affects boat sales

We had originally planned a charter this summer in Norway, then another 2 weeks later in the year in Tonga to celebrate my 50th Bday. Well that’s not happening now unfortunately. I pray this all gets back to normal soon, but to think there is not going to be a overall net negative impact long term is silly.

Our original sail away plans were for 5 years from now which shouldn’t need to change. Things will be back to a new normal by then, but it has reinforced to me the importance of having a home base to come back to. The cost of new boats will go higher most definitely and the number being produced will go down. So although it might appear years from now that “prices held steady”, the overall size of the market will have contracted in a significant way. Just my $0.02.

Tags
boat, sale