Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 28-09-2021, 08:37   #2551
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Well this horse dewormer keeps the infection under control in India with less hospitalizations, infections and deaths with a much lower vaccination rate well better than the vaccines in Canada, USA, Europe, ...

https://youtu.be/eO9cjy3Rydc

I hear bleach works well too
Old 28-09-2021, 09:22   #2552

Boat: Rafiki 37

Please don't engage with the antis... it's just going to drag this thread into the trash can.

CBC: Ontario doctor accused of spreading COVID-19 misinformation barred from providing vaccine, mask exemptions

Quote:
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario says that Dr. Patrick Phillips — who is based in the rural community of Englehart, about 45 kilometres south of Kirkland Lake — is "incompetent" and that he has engaged in "disgraceful, dishonourable" conduct.
Old 28-09-2021, 09:22   #2553

Boat: Bavaria Vision 42

It has been long accepted imo that the vaccines do not inoculate a person against covid infection. However they do reduce the liklihood of infection. A number of your references are to an Oxford U study, one that has a significant-sized sample base but is a preprint that has not yet been peer reviewed. From it however;
"None of the coronavirus vaccines approved for use in the U.S. or U.K. thus far eliminate the risk of infection, but they all reduce that risk by between about 70% and 90% — and they've proven much more potent at preventing hospitalizations and deaths."

And that is the relevant point here. Scorpius has used the data from BC and I think it clearly establishes that point. Yes we have "breakthrough" infections, some of which result in hospitalizations, but they are way less likely to have severe consequences. And the non-vaccinated are more likely to get infected in the first place with potentially more serious consequences when they do.

But horse dewormers? Horse sh*t imo
Old 28-09-2021, 09:37   #2554

Boat: 26ft sailboat

Quote:
Well this horse dewormer keeps the infection under control in India with less hospitalizations, infections and deaths with a much lower vaccination rate well better than the vaccines in Canada, USA, Europe, ...

https://youtu.be/eO9cjy3Rydc

Like you and most on this forum I am not a doctor or expert on Covid-19.

If I find 1 study/doctor who says something works and the next 49 studies/doctors say it doesn't work, I know I'm going withe the 49.

Old 28-09-2021, 13:44   #2555

Boat: Rafiki 37

Some good news (CTV): Ontario's COVID-19 case counts 'flattened' but exponential growth still possible if restrictions lift: modelling

Quote:
A group of scientists advising the Ford government say that the fourth wave of the pandemic appears to have “flattened” but they are warning that there is “no wiggle room” with new modelling now pointing to an exponential rise in cases should restrictions be lifted prematurely.
Old 28-09-2021, 15:32   #2556
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
In British Columbia, as of September 15 (the last date for which data are available, 4,053,738 or 87.5% of those eligible (aged 12 and over) have been vaccinated. 579,105 (12.5%) have not.

During the 13 weeks (~3months) between June 19 and September 15, 147 people have died of Covid-19 in British Columbia. Of those 22 were vaccinated, 125 were not.

So, of the vaccinated population (22/4,053738*100)=.00054% died in the 3 month period selected. Of the unvaccinated population (125/579105*100)=.02158% died in the same period. Thus the chances of dying from Covid-19 if you are un-vaccinated is (0.021158/0.00054)= 40 times as likely as it would be if you are vaccinated.

Yes, the vaccinated can catch and transmit Covid-19 but the unvaccinated are FORTY TIMES as likely to die of it. The figures for hospitalization and intubation are similar.

(All data obtained from the website of the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control).
Thanks for finding those numbers..... it beggars belief that the anti-Vax mindset STILL exists
Old 28-09-2021, 16:12   #2557

Boat: Hunter 45 CC

I think this is in a manual somewhere. Tell Biden’s son you’ll vote as an American in the Democratic Party.

If that doesn’t work, tell the border patrol you are sailing in from Mexico.

And after being caught, you plead for sanctuary from the cold and darkness of winter in Canada.
Old 28-09-2021, 18:55   #2558

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurOasis View Post
Like you and most on this forum I am not a doctor or expert on Covid-19.

If I find 1 study/doctor who says something works and the next 49 studies/doctors say it doesn't work, I know I'm going withe the 49.

https://youtu.be/K-IgAxwSfzU

You may want to see who silence the doctors and spreads all the misinformation about horse dewormers and pipe cleaners...
Old 29-09-2021, 03:23   #2559
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Ontario’s science advisory table [1] is laying out a cautiously optimistic snapshot of the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic in Ontario; but says public health measures can only be eased, if vaccination numbers go up.

In its latest projections, the table says that the fourth wave has been effectively flattened, thanks to public health measures, and that the test positivity rate in Ontario appears to be declining.

They suggest that the best way to avoid the high end of ICU occupancy, this coming winter, is to be cautious, and to reduce contact with others, from 80 per cent of pre-pandemic contacts, to 70 per cent.

It also points out that children under the age of 11, who have yet to be vaccinated, account for an increasing number of cases; and says young people will likely take up an increasing portion of ICU beds.

Ontario's daily case counts have so far remained under 1,000 during the fourth wave, and the graph of Ontario's seven-day average roughly shows a plateau since the beginning of September. Some 94 per cent of those currently in the ICU, were either unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, according to provincial data. [2]

[1] Update on COVID-19 Projections
Science Advisory and Modelling Consensus Tables, September 28, 2021

Key Findings

• New cases, hospitalisations and ICU occupancy are not increasing.
There is a wide range for case projections, reflecting the fragile situation and high degree of instability as colder weather approaches with more time indoors.

• Continued control over case growth requires high vaccination rates in the eligible population, continued public health measures, and a flattening of growth in mobility.

• The risk of contracting COVID-19, being hospitalized for COVID-19, and entering the ICU is several times higher for unvaccinated individuals.

• Vaccination coverage is increasing slowly.

• Post COVID-19 Condition – or Long COVID – will substantially impact the health of thousands of Ontarians

More ➥ https://covid19-sciencetable.ca/wp-c..._English-2.pdf

[2]“Graphs and tables of COVID-19covid 19 hospitalization data by status, location and number of people in the ICU”
https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data/hospitalizations

Old 29-09-2021, 04:03   #2560
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Ontario doctor accused of spreading COVID-19 misinformation

A doctor in [Englehart] northern Ontario has been barred from giving vaccination exemption notes, and can't prescribe certain drugs, including ivermectin, and Fluvoxamine and Atorvastatin, in relation to COVID-19

The College of Physicians and Surgeons says Dr. Patrick Phillips has used social media to make misleading and incompetent statements about COVID-19 and treatments.

See [Dr. Patrick Brian Phillips] Pending Hearings, and Practice Restrictions:
https://doctors.cpso.on.ca/DoctorDet...0310033-109364

More ➥ https://ici.radio-canada.ca/rci/en/n...ask-exemptions
And ➥ https://globalnews.ca/news/8226442/o...isinformation/

Old 29-09-2021, 05:41   #2561

Boat: Mascot 28 pilothouse motorsailer 28ft

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gates.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	246095
Old 29-09-2021, 06:20   #2562

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
I'm sure you believe this, too bad the Indians don't.
Quote:
Why HCQ and Ivermectin were removed from India’s Covid-19 treatment protocol
Ivermectin and HCQ were dropped from the clinical guidance after studies found that these drugs have little to no effect on Covid-related mortality or clinical recovery of the patient.
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the National Task Force on Covid-19 have dropped the use of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) drugs from their revised guidelines for the treatment of the infection.

The decision was taken after experts found that these drugs have little to no effect on Covid-related mortality or clinical recovery of the patient.
https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/corona...306-2021-09-26
Old 29-09-2021, 07:09   #2563

Boat: Mascot 28 pilothouse motorsailer 28ft

https://www.facebook.com/515210447/v...4971104621429/
Old 29-09-2021, 08:50   #2564

Boat: Ian Ross design ketch 63'

Back on post #2534 someone asked how Point Roberts Marina was doing. We were there in late June to help a friend fix his fishing boat before going to Alaska. I'd say the occupancy is about 50% and some of the finger piers at the visitor's dock are listing quite a bit. We had power and water at our slip with no problems.

I had quite a conversation with Ding, the manager of the gas dock who told me the marina had been sold to Canadians just prior to covid (they had hired him to do the accounting) and then they were unable to cross the border so they basically told him to just keep things running until they returned. He was working 10 hour days 6 days a week for 19 months and he was tired. A good man. I know he's looking forward to some normalcy.

I know this is not my thread, but I am your neighbor and have tons of friends up in BC. I get some of my best info from this thread.

Thanks all.
Old 29-09-2021, 08:56   #2565

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
Back on post #2534 someone asked how Point Roberts Marina was doing. We were there in late June to help a friend fix his fishing boat before going to Alaska. I'd say the occupancy is about 50% and some of the finger piers at the visitor's dock are listing quite a bit. We had power and water at our slip with no problems.

I had quite a conversation with Ding, the manager of the gas dock who told me the marina had been sold to Canadians just prior to covid (they had hired him to do the accounting) and then they were unable to cross the border so they basically told him to just keep things running until they returned. He was working 10 hour days 6 days a week for 19 months and he was tired. A good man. I know he's looking forward to some normalcy.

I know this is not my thread, but I am your neighbor and have tons of friends up in BC. I get some of my best info from this thread.

Thanks all.
Thanks for the info. Seems CDN-related COVID-19 info to me.

And one doesn't have to be Canadian to post here, just that posts should be related to/relevant to COVID-19 in Canada.