Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 23-07-2021, 17:45   #2161

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

Unvaccinated Albertans are majority of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, deaths: Hinshaw

Quote:
CALGARY -- Alberta's top doctor says the majority of the province's new COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths are among those who are unvaccinated or within two weeks of their first shot.

Dr. Deena Hinshaw, who is Alberta's chief medical officer of health, said in a social media post that 96 per cent of Albertans who have tested positive for the virus since Jan. 1 hadn't had two doses of vaccine.

She said 91 per cent of COVID-19 deaths and 95 per cent of hospital and intensive care unit admissions followed the same trend in the past month.
Old 23-07-2021, 17:54   #2162

Its the same in BC...non-vaccinated are suffering. Those vaccinated have nothing to worry about other than perhaps tripping over the odd corpse.
Old 23-07-2021, 18:12   #2163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eder View Post
Its the same in BC...non-vaccinated are suffering. Those vaccinated have nothing to worry about other than perhaps tripping over the odd corpse.
I'm sure you meant that in fun Eder. But none of us can be too complacent. The vaccines offer amazing protection from Covid-19, including the variants (so far), but nothing is 100%, and "break through" cases are still happening.

And there are still lots of people who can't get vaccinated. They're also face a higher risk, through no fault of their own.
Old 23-07-2021, 18:26   #2164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And there are still lots of people who can't get vaccinated. They're also face a higher risk, through no fault of their own.

Always bears reminding us all. ^^^^

Maybe we should change the dialog to "electively unvaxxed."

Or, simpler: Idiots ... or Covidiots same thing
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 24-07-2021, 11:46   #2165

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
Always bears reminding us all. ^^^^

Maybe we should change the dialog to "electively unvaxxed."

Or, simpler: Idiots ... or Covidiots same thing
==============================================
I signed out of the covid threads as suggested by posters "if you do not agree or get upset, can always elect out of the updates" as I was getting truly p...ed on the totally aberrant responses from the "science deniers".
However, because there is a newer twist to this self-inflicted pestilence on the humans thought will trow in it.
Have enough of the "my constitutional right to refuse masks, vaccines, etc"
Fair enough. Your body, your choice.
The new twist as I find more articles and news about health care providers getting upset and angry about having to deal with a new wave of seriously ill patients (unvaccinated by choice).
Their position (front line health care providers, includes nursing personnel and physicians)
They question the obligation to provide care to these morons that place them at risk, risk of reinfection, risk of transferring the virus home and infect their family, friends, neighbors.
When the pest broke in, we all pitched in, it was a medical emergency and the response was part of our training and moral/ethical background.
Now, that is not the case, there were plenty of opportunities to get the darn vaccine and avoid the above described questions.
To compound the dilemma, are we now going to postpone necessary hospitalizations for scheduled regular elective procedures (hip replacement comes to mind, me) because hospital resources are again stretched out?
And an interesting question, given the hypothetical (I hope) bioethical question, if there is only one available ICU bed should we have to choose between a self-proclaimed non vaccinated by choice or a patient who was vaccinated and became infected again because of more likely exposure to one of these morons?

Disclaimer
I am not a troll
I am not a provocateur
An am aware the use of the words could be constructed as demeaning to the genuine truly morons.
Old 24-07-2021, 12:55   #2166
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

I’ve said in before those who can take the vaccine but choose not to are freeloading on the rest of us.
Old 24-07-2021, 16:09   #2167

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
I’ve said in before those who can take the vaccine but choose not to are freeloading on the rest of us.
=======================================
Posted by me on 2 4 2021

as stated on my earlier post (like Nostradamus)

"Basically, there are two groups
Group A (my group)
Vaccinated, use face masks, respect safe distance etc.
Group B
Non vaccinated

Group A continues to increase in numbers. (as per millions of people vaccinated)

Group B continues to decrease in numbers."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The decrease on group B numbers is INEVITABLE by either change on attitude and taking the darn vaccine or attrition secondary to death or developed resistance contracting the pest.
Unfortunately for this subgroup (survival to contracting the illness), the price to pay is long term/chronic pulmonary symptoms.
Oh well, those are the facts.

The ethical and moral choices remain
Old 24-07-2021, 16:14   #2168

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
==============================================

and yes fully agree with you
Old 25-07-2021, 08:56   #2169

Boat: Hunter 386

https://www.cheknews.ca/vancouver-is...e-open-848154/

Quote:
Right now the Harbour Authority says it is holding off accepting reservations until given the explicit green light from border services.

Canada Border Services Agency confirmed to CHEK News fully vaccinated marine travellers of any kind will be accepted in Canada as of Aug. 9.

“They must also meet all other criteria, including the pre-entry test requirement and the need to submit information electronically through ArriveCAN before or when entering Canada,” said Canada Border Services Agency in a statement.

American mariners will be will also be eligible for ‘eased quarantine and testing requirements’.

Canada Border Services Agency says more information about entry requirements in the marine mode will be made available before Aug. 9.

Old 26-07-2021, 05:57   #2170
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

What Pandemic?

COVID-19 Surpassed by Health Care (31%), Affordability (25%), Climate Change (24%), and Economy (24%) as Top Issues of the Day

As rumblings of a possible federal election continue across the country, a new poll has found that, for the first time since the start of COVID-19, the pandemic is no longer the top issue on most Canadians' minds.

According to an IPSOS poll [1], the current top-of-mind issues Canadians are now thinking about the most are healthcare, affordability and cost of living, climate change and the economy, largely remaining the same from two years ago.

[1]https://www.ipsos.com/en-ca/news-pol...-Issues-of-Day

Old 27-07-2021, 07:56   #2171

New COVID-19 cases surge in B.C. among the unvaccinated

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...-unvaccinated/

“Since British Columbia entered Step 3 of the reopening on July 1, approximately 70 per cent of the cases in Interior Health were in people who were not vaccinated, 26 per cent of cases were in people who were partially immunized, and 4 per cent of the cases were in people who had received two doses,” reads the statement sent by Interior Health last Friday.

It added that most of these cases are in adults between 20 and 39 years old.
Old 27-07-2021, 08:17   #2172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
New COVID-19 cases surge in B.C. among the unvaccinated

I was speaking with someone yesterday who attributed the rise in cases in the unvaccinated to the fact that everyone vaccinated against COVID-19 was now spreading COVID-19.

If it wasn't for the potential of variants being caused by new cases, I would have zero wish to see the unvaccinated get vaccinated.
Old 27-07-2021, 12:16   #2173

Boat: Hunter 386

Well looks like they are going to do it. In a way you can't blame them, been without a contract since 207 and they will never have a stronger negotiating position...still...sigh.

Canadian border workers vote to strike as reopening date nears

https://globalnews.ca/news/8063305/c...orkers-strike/
Old 27-07-2021, 12:29   #2174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Well looks like they are going to do it. In a way you can't blame them, been without a contract since 207 and they will never have a stronger negotiating position...still...sigh.

Canadian border workers vote to strike as reopening date nears

https://globalnews.ca/news/8063305/c...orkers-strike/

Won't last long. Work to rule might make for a more painful experience coming back in though. Since Uncle Sam won't like us drive there yet, it will be a while before most Canadians have to experience the "joys" of dealing with them.
Old 31-07-2021, 11:24   #2175

Two American travelers to Canada fined $25,000 each for fake vaccination documents.

Canadian officials have charged two American travelers and fined them 20,000 Canadian dollars each - around $25,000 USD - for providing fake COVID-19 vaccination documents.

The unnamed travelers arrived from the U.S. in Canada the week of July 18. Officials from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) fined each traveler four times for a total of 19,720 CAD per traveler. The fake documents consisted of proof of vaccinations and pre-departure tests; officials also cited the pair for "non-compliance" with government requirements for accommodation and on-arrival testing, according to a PHAC press release.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp