Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2020, 03:46   #1
cruiser

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Can I post this now! Origin of COVID-19

Without it be tagged as a conspiracy theory? 4 days ago I posted this and it was removed as a conspiracy theory. Now that the most watched news source is running with, is it believable?

https://youtu.be/Le_rfTdayLs

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BF9562FB-DBB5-4C21-BBBE-DF48AE6082FD.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	428.5 KB
ID:	212973  

Old 16-04-2020, 04:17   #2

Re: Can I post this now! Origin of COVID-19

Interesting

Old 16-04-2020, 04:40   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Fiberglas shattering 44' steel trawler

It's still a conspiracy theory. Four days has not changed that. "Most watched" does not mean "accurate." "Is it believable?" is a way to say something that is unsupported while not actually lying about it.

The origin of the novel coronavirus is still in question, and is likely to remain so, given that the Chinese government has restricted research in that area.
Old 16-04-2020, 04:48   #4
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeithlu View Post
It's still a conspiracy theory. Four days has not changed that. "Most watched" does not mean "accurate." "Is it believable?" is a way to say something that is unsupported while not actually lying about it.

The origin of the novel coronavirus is still in question, and is likely to remain so, given that the Chinese government has restricted research in that area.

Well China are hardly going to fess up about this now are they? Whilst the other nations wary of pushing too hard and the comeback will probably not go public with what they know/believe.

So as the sheep are so braindead Brainwashed, that unless it comes from CNN, ABC, BBC etc it will always be a conspiracy theory whether it is correct or not. Its an easy way to brush something aside that is too confronting for the masses.
Old 16-04-2020, 04:54   #5

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415

it's on cnn as well

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/polit...lab/index.html
Old 16-04-2020, 04:55   #6

Boat: Rafiki 37

COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic has a natural origin

Scientists ‘strongly condemn’ rumors and conspiracy theories about origin of coronavirus outbreak

Sorry, conspiracy theorists. Study concludes COVID-19 'is not a laboratory construct'

The Origins and Scientific Failings of the COVID-19 ‘Bioweapon’ Conspiracy Theory

Need I go on?

Human's have always imposed meaning, purpose, and intent on natural disasters. It's how we ended up with gods of wind, fire and flood.

The harder truth is that the planet doesn't care about homo sapiens. Shyte happens, and currently we're just food and breeding stock for another highly successful critter (assuming you think a virus qualifies as a critter).
Old 16-04-2020, 04:59   #7
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post

Human's have always imposed meaning, purpose, and intent on natural disasters. It's how we ended up with gods of wind, fire and flood.

Being a Sailor, those are Bad gods to Mock Mike. I'd watch my back for a while if i was you
Old 16-04-2020, 05:04   #8
UFO

Well there is so much obfuscation about anything important to the planet and has scientists related to it - ever heard of Climate change?

Its hard to know what is true and what is not - All part of the greater plan i suppose.
Old 16-04-2020, 05:11   #9

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Well there is so much obfuscation about anything important to the planet and has scientists related to it - ever heard of Climate change?

Its hard to know what is true and what is not - All part of the greater plan i suppose.

Yes, virus pandemics like Covid-19 are consistent with rapid climate change, just as climate scientists have been warning for years. We're likely going to see a lot more covid's in the coming decades.
Old 16-04-2020, 05:16   #10
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Fiberglas shattering 44' steel trawler

It's not that it could not have its origin in a laboratory, it could, but parsimony suggests that natural causes are more likely, the origin at this time is unknown, and anything that has political importance and comes out of the New York branch of the White House Communications Office (AKA Fox News) needs extra scrutiny. There is no point in reaching a conclusion when we do not yet have the evidence on which to base that decision.
Old 16-04-2020, 05:22   #11
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeithlu View Post
It's not that it could not have its origin in a laboratory, it could, but parsimony suggests that natural causes are more likely, the origin at this time is unknown, and anything that has political importance and comes out of the New York branch of the White House Communications Office (AKA Fox News) needs extra scrutiny. There is no point in reaching a conclusion when we do not yet have the evidence on which to base that decision.

For sure - I have worked in the film industry and docos and this is a very polished doco - Considering the time frame, it must have had some serious money thrown at it.
Old 16-04-2020, 05:24   #12
cruiser

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

Virus pandemics will increase with population growth. Very little to do with climate, other then hot/cold seasons. The last 3 bad virus came out of China and look at their population. And look at NYC, another condensed city
At least LA is spread out. It’s all the big tall cities that got hit the hardest.

If you’re going to comment, at least watch the video. There’s plenty of evidence!
Old 16-04-2020, 05:32   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Well China are hardly going to fess up about this now are they? Whilst the other nations wary of pushing too hard and the comeback will probably not go public with what they know/believe.

So as the sheep are so braindead Brainwashed, that unless it comes from CNN, ABC, BBC etc it will always be a conspiracy theory whether it is correct or not. Its an easy way to brush something aside that is too confronting for the masses.
That same story is on the BBC as well. So it’s legit. I sought in some American news media and thought it still might be propaganda. But the BBC has it.
Old 16-04-2020, 05:33   #14
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

One our best weapons, against misinformation is verification.
When we see a story, or post, that seems suspicious, it is likely that long-trusted, mainstream media sources can either support, or refute, that information.
By verifying, before reposting, we can stop the spread of false or deceptive material.
Biased news sources attempt to subvert the truth, by playing upon our fears and emotions. I encourage people to recognize when they read a story, or post, that incites these sentiments, to then delve deeper, to verify or falsify, the information. Does it trace to a single root source?
If there is something that triggers an immediate negative response, we should probably research it, before we share it.

So, judge for yourself:
The Epoch Times has seen a spike in popularity, owing, in large part , to its embrace of social media, and conservative U.S. politics. In April 2019, the newspaper, and its associated digital video platform, New Tang Dynasty, had a combined 3 billion views on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, according to data from Tubular, which tracks social media analytics. That is more than every other mainstream news outlet.
The Epoch Times markets itself as a source for “real news,” covering stories that the fake, mainstream news outlets don’t cover. However, this is a far from accurate portrayal of the kinds of stories they publish.
Instead, they actually publish pseudoscience, and conspiracy theories.
Their section “Beyond Science” promotes stories about chemtrails, UFOs, and ancient astronauts. They frequently publish articles, arguing against the existence of evolution and climate change.
They have repeatedly promoted pro-Trump conspiracy theories, such as Spygate, and Qanon*1.
the Epoch Media Group has promoted the theory that ,all the victims from the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001 are secretly still alive, but are working as slaves in an underground facility.
It is possible that Trump’s anti-China rhetoric is one reason why The Epoch Times has come to believe his interests are aligned with theirs, since the government of the People’s Republic of China has, and is currently, persecuting members of Falun Gong*2 (founders).

I believe that he reason why mainstream news outlets do not cover the subjects The Epoch Times covers, is because they are just not real.

*1. According to supporters of QAnon, the world is secretly ruled by an international cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles. These Satan-worshipping pedophiles supposedly include major foreign leaders, all Democratic politicians, all mainstream journalists and new network anchors, and even liberal Hollywood celebrities. The leaders of this cabal supposedly include Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and George Soros. Supporters of QAnon say that the only one who is intelligent and powerful enough to stop this evil cabal of pedophile Satanists is Donald J. Trump, who is on a secret mission (“The Storm”) to thwart the secret cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles, that supposedly rules the world, and usher in an era of paradise on Earth.

*2. Li Hongzhi, Falun Gong’s leader, has claimed he can levitate and perform healing miracles.
http://content.time.com/time/world/a...053761,00.html

Old 16-04-2020, 05:37   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarrey View Post
Virus pandemics will increase with population growth. Very little to do with climate, other then hot/cold seasons. The last 3 bad virus came out of China and look at their population. And look at NYC, another condensed city
At least LA is spread out. It’s all the big tall cities that got hit the hardest.

If you’re going to comment, at least watch the video. There’s plenty of evidence!
It’s just a way of city life that causes that to happen. You are in close quarters with people breathing the same air that they are exhaling. Then the virus spreads very easily.

That’s true of all busy cities or even the small towns like they have in Europe where everyone congregates in a small area together. Unless the city is based around a car like Los Angeles.

Pretty sure we’re going to see plenty more of these as we continue to dig deeper into nature. One could come out of the Arctic or Anarctic Permafrost, the Amazon as it gets cut down, places like this.

And the story referenced here is fairly believable. It’s not improbable. Accidents happen. This is kind of the equivalent of Fukushima or Chernobyl but with biology instead of radiation.

Closed Thread