https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...creasing-anger

Old 23-10-2020, 03:58   #272

Boat: Westerly Sealord
Re: Australian quarantine equality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Australia to ease cap on citizens returning
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...creasing-anger

Good for them... I don't want in....I want out ....
Old 25-10-2020, 04:19   #273
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post

LOL - Join the Club
Old 28-10-2020, 16:46   #274

Boat: Pearson 323

Quote:
Not really a mystery , a few .. Mikakos and Eccles .. have been thrown under the bus already to protect others... ... ... chief medical officer will be next to go...

Watch this space.... this won't be a whitewash such as we saw with Gladys' 'Ruby Princess' business......

I can’t follow along when you guys talk in code.
Old 28-10-2020, 17:26   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjscottinnc View Post
I can’t follow along when you guys talk in code.
If you do a search on "Ruby Princess debacle" you'll come across plenty of enlightening information. What you won't come across is reports of how members of Prime Minister Morrison's Pentecostal evangelical church, Hillsong, were aboard the cruise liner, and would have missed attending an important church conference, had the passengers been placed into quarantine as they should have been.

But all mention of that detail vanished from the media less than 24 hours after it was revealed.

So instead, a frenzy of buck-passing, dodging and blame-casting took place, as whoever arranged for those church members to not be inconvenienced (my money is on Minister Peter Dutton) kept their head down and waited for things to blow over. The outcome of the inquiry as to what went wrong was a whitewash, with the NSW state Health Dept (Gladys Berejiklian being the Premier of of NSW, hence the reference to her) blamed for making "multiple “serious”, “inexplicable” and “basic” errors".

So yeah.. my take on it? Over 900 people got sick, and 28 people died, just so that some other people could attend a conference of our Prime Minister's church.
Old 28-10-2020, 18:40   #276

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

^^^^Gosh, wonder what he thinks about 27 deaths among "his" people! If this is correct, how could the director of the Health Dept. stand up to the Premier of the State? Is there a venue? Was she told? It would seem dishonorable to scapegoat her.

Actually, I wonder what President Trump thinks about 220,000 corona virus deaths among Americans, so far! In case someone's interested, here's a link to a video about what America had done right, prior to Covid 19 running rampant there. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/o...gtype=Homepage
Old 28-10-2020, 18:52   #277

Meanwhile, Victoria and - by extension - Australia is the only state or country to have successfully stomped on a 'second wave'....
8 new cases nationwide yesterday .. half in hotel quarantine ie new arrivals from O/S ... one in Victoria... linked to a known 'family' cluster.....
Several months ago at the height of the second wave Vic was getting up to 600 new cases a day...
Old 28-10-2020, 19:00   #278

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
If you do a search on "Ruby Princess debacle" you'll come across plenty of enlightening information. What you won't come across is reports of how members of Prime Minister Morrison's Pentecostal evangelical church, Hillsong, were aboard the cruise liner, and would have missed attending an important church conference, had the passengers been placed into quarantine as they should have been.

But all mention of that detail vanished from the media less than 24 hours after it was revealed.

So instead, a frenzy of buck-passing, dodging and blame-casting took place, as whoever arranged for those church members to not be inconvenienced (my money is on Minister Peter Dutton) kept their head down and waited for things to blow over. The outcome of the inquiry as to what went wrong was a whitewash, with the NSW state Health Dept (Gladys Berejiklian being the Premier of of NSW, hence the reference to her) blamed for making "multiple “serious”, “inexplicable” and “basic” errors".

So yeah.. my take on it? Over 900 people got sick, and 28 people died, just so that some other people could attend a conference of our Prime Minister's church.

Tin foil hat?

Were members of that church also on the other three cruise ships that were allowed fast-track disembarkation at the same time?
Old 28-10-2020, 19:15   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
Tin foil hat?

Were members of that church also on the other three cruise ships that were allowed fast-track disembarkation at the same time?
Name the ships please?

Not sure about the disembarcation issue but it is fact that Scotty from Marketing delayed restricting the size of gatherings until after he had been to church and the rugby...
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/why-wait...ass-gatherings

And there is this one......
https://medium.com/@Elle_Black/hills...e-49dbf11112d0

However... no probs going to church....
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...avirus-threat/

Meanwhile... back at Hillsong.... vvvvv
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MED162miracles.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	226063  
Old 28-10-2020, 20:12   #280

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:
Name the ships please?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...rking/12081426

Voyager of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas docked in Sydney 18 March, Ruby Princess 19 March, and Celebrity Princess 20 March.

How does that fit into the Hillsong conspiracy theory?

The emergency biosecurity order banning cruise ships from docking anywhere in Australia was issued by the federal government 18 March. Hence the blame game between the federal and state governments.
Old 28-10-2020, 20:13   #281

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:

Nah, has all the markings of a CIA operation.
Old 28-10-2020, 20:31   #282

Quote:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...rking/12081426

Voyager of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas docked in Sydney 18 March, Ruby Princess 19 March, and Celebrity Princess 20 March.

How does that fit into the Hillsong conspiracy theory?

The emergency biosecurity order banning cruise ships from docking anywhere in Australia was issued by the federal government 18 March. Hence the blame game between the federal and state governments.
To know where the first two of those ships fit into all this you need to know the hour of day they disembarked and at what hour the biosecurity order was promulgated.
Celebrity Solstice ... on the 20th?... for her I can find no information about what orders they disembarked under.
S we are speaking of either one or two ships.. not four.
Old 29-10-2020, 03:10   #283

Quote:
Tin foil hat?

They were all treated the same, because to do otherwise would have highlighted the fact that a few people got special treatment.
Old 30-10-2020, 14:20   #284

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
They were all treated the same, because to do otherwise would have highlighted the fact that a few people got special treatment.
The flaw in this conspiracy theory is that the prime minister is a federal official and health quarantine is a state responsibility and hence the blame game when the ordure entered the climate control.

However it would have been better had the incident not occurred as it alerted state government politicians that they could use quarantine to create a "we saved you from those disease ridden other staters" meme upon which a number of them are banking their electoral futures.
Old 01-11-2020, 21:08   #285

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Quote:
Having a well-supported application for permission to exit considered by Aus Border Force/Dept of Home Affairs now (November 2020) takes only a few hours (same day service) for straightforward cases.

That's a massive improvement.

In July-August, consideration and approval (or rejection) could take 2 -3 months.

In September-October and after refining the procedures and rules (see the four guidelines & directives documents available for download at the bottom of https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia), consideration and approval/rejection took 2 - 3 weeks.

The backlog has disappeared.

My tips are:

* download and read the relevant documents (see URL above);

* formulate your application so it fits into one of the categories defined; and

* organise for upload, as part of your submission, your documents (the guidelines/directives etc tell clearly what they want to see).

Aussie public servants FTW! How good is that?!

Tags
Australia