UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Australian quarantine equality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Or if you want the full rundown...

Dan is rooted
Gladys was rooted
Annastacia may or may not be rooted in the near future....

Succinctly said Sir
Old 17-10-2020, 02:52   #197
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Hmmmm Seems when the server crashed it did post - But Still Succinctly said Sir
Old 17-10-2020, 04:39   #198
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Succinctly said Sir
Not succinct - it was certainly brief, but not at all clear (to me).
I expect the fault may be mine.

Old 17-10-2020, 05:41   #199
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Looks like Deso Dan is on shaky grounds with his umbrage then being as the quaro is a fed thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Could anyone translate this, for a poor monolingual (English) speaker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Not succinct - it was certainly brief, but not at all clear (to me).
I expect the fault may be mine.
OhKaaay - I figured you were making a joke about the Aussie english but apparently you are genuinely confused.

Maybe this will help.
Deso = Desperate
Dan = Daniel Andrews, the premier of the state of Victoria (i.e. leader of the Victorian government)
Shaky grounds = argument which is not strong or well supported
quaro = quarantine
fed = federal government

Dan is complaining that 17 of the Kiwis who flew into Sydney from NZ under the new travel bubble now in place between NZ and NSW then flew onto Melbourne. This travel bubble allows for the Kiwis to enter NSW without any 14 day enforced quarantine.

However there is no restriction for anyone already in Australia from entering Victoria. Dan apparently is unhappy that these Kiwis only spent minutes in NSW before moving onto Victoria but he has no say in the matter as it is the federal government who has control of the national borders and thus the travel bubble. Dan has kept the Victorian border open to all other Australian states throughout the current pandemic.

The federal government and the Victorian government are on opposite sides of the political fence and both have been sniping at each other for some weeks now.

As El P posted, one couldn't organise a pussup in a brewery and the other couldn't organise a meat raffle in a pub.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 17-10-2020, 06:33   #200

Rooted is screwed still? I’ve been away too long.
Old 17-10-2020, 06:40   #201
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Thanks Wotname. That clears it up, nicely.
(we dam foreigners, can't understand plain Australien)

Old 17-10-2020, 17:49   #202

Quote:
The federal government and the Victorian government are on opposite sides of the political fence and both have been sniping at each other for some weeks now.
Well, it's fairer to say that the Federal govt (with bucket-loads of assistance from the Murdoch Press) have been doing their level best to undermine everything the Victorian govt has done. Whatever happened to the bipartisan support that was promised back when all this began?
Old 17-10-2020, 18:17   #203
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
Well, it's fairer to say that the Federal govt (with bucket-loads of assistance from the Murdoch Press) have been doing their level best to undermine everything the Victorian govt has done. Whatever happened to the bipartisan support that was promised back when all this began?
Yeah, that is probably more accurate, I should have suggested the sniping was more from one side than the other.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 17-10-2020, 18:26   #204

Quote:
Yeah, that is probably more accurate, I should have suggested the sniping was more from one side than the other.
Almost entirely one-sided, in fact.

Dan's standard response to every attack was a variation on "I have more important things to do right now, than respond to that rubbish."
Old 17-10-2020, 22:13   #205

Boat: Island Packet 40

I dunno, the Victorian government has had an inquiry going for about five weeks now to try to find out who hired the bouncers to keep the quarantine hotels quarantined. Still a mystery apparently. So it appears that they have cleaning ladies wandering about after office hours doing the hiring.
Old 17-10-2020, 23:13   #206

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
I dunno, the Victorian government has had an inquiry going for about five weeks now to try to find out who hired the bouncers to keep the quarantine hotels quarantined. Still a mystery apparently. So it appears that they have cleaning ladies wandering about after office hours doing the hiring.
Do try and keep up with the herd, there's a good chap.
Inquiry set up on 2nd July and got under way on the 20th.....https://www.quarantineinquiry.vic.go...ing-statements

The findings will be handed down 6th November.
Terms of reference here
https://www.quarantineinquiry.vic.go...erms-reference

Not really a mystery , a few .. Mikakos and Eccles .. have been thrown under the bus already to protect others... ... ... chief medical officer will be next to go...
Watch this space.... this won't be a whitewash such as we saw with Gladys' 'Ruby Princess' business......
Old 17-10-2020, 23:41   #207

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
Do try and keep up with the herd, there's a good chap.
Inquiry set up on 2nd July and got under way on the 20th.....https://www.quarantineinquiry.vic.go...ing-statements

The findings will be handed down 6th November.
Terms of reference here
https://www.quarantineinquiry.vic.go...erms-reference

Not really a mystery , a few .. Mikakos and Eccles .. have been thrown under the bus already to protect others... ... ... chief medical officer will be next to go...
Watch this space.... this won't be a whitewash such as we saw with Gladys' 'Ruby Princess' business......
The inquiry is only a couple of weeks old, damn it seems like it has been going on forever. And just when we thought Dan had put it to bed and the last lick of paint over it that pesky woman from Sky News suggested they check the phone records and threw another fox into the chicken pen.

Yep. New South Wales really screwed up on the Ruby Princess thing. Some damned fool had set up an efficient contact tracing system and another allowed their police to keep the infected actually in quarantine and the virus out of the old peoples homes. Terrible lapses of judgement.
Old 18-10-2020, 00:10   #208

Boat: Discovery 55

Dan, I understand your frustration. There is no excuse for “celebrities” getting special treatment as against ordinary citizens. However consider yourself lucky, there are lost on non-Au/NZ crews stuck in cyclone zones who would love to quarantine in Australia right now.

Shame on Au/NZ for not allowing these people to enter and quarantine on their boats, they pose no threat to the citizens. Each country could easily offer a set quarantine anchorage for this purpose.
Old 18-10-2020, 00:21   #209

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Reading View Post
Dan, I understand your frustration. There is no excuse for “celebrities” getting special treatment as against ordinary citizens. However consider yourself lucky, there are lost on non-Au/NZ crews stuck in cyclone zones who would love to quarantine in Australia right now.

Shame on Au/No for not allowing these people to enter and quarantine on their boats, they pose no threat to the citizens. Each country could easily offer a set quarantine anchorage for this purpose.

Ah yes, but experience has demonstrated that the entitled and privileged understand that those silly rules don't apply to them, annnd so, no one gets a guernsey.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 18-10-2020, 00:46   #210

Quote:
Well of course not.. unlike with the 'Dutton Princess' case, this time around, there's no Prime Minister & his church to protect.

Tags
Australia