Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2020, 14:08   #1

Boat: L42
Victron Energy Cerbo GX

I am considering this in my system in place of a Color Control GX. The price is really reasonable, $384, and it has some great functionality. It should be available here in the US by May of this year.

It also has two open relays available that could be used for system control of HVC & LVC switches, or to control other sources. With CAN bus connectivity to the BMS there are a lot of options to interact with your system.

It has an expanded array of inputs available for things like tank level monitoring, CO2 alarms, proximity alarms, etc...

https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-...oring/cerbo-gx

https://shop.pkys.com/Cerbo-GX-Preview
Steve_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 14:59   #2

Boat: 50’ Bavaria
Re: Victron Energy Cerbo GX

The screen is extra, another 250 or so. Still looks really good, although you'd have to need the additional features for it to be worth replacing a CCGX with it. What is it you can't do now?
Tillsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:04   #3

You may also*wish to consider Venus GX. Cerbo is a little faster and has a few extra ports, but unless you have a huge Victron install there's not much difference in practical terms. Then again, the price differential is not huge, either.
nebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:51   #4

Yeah, for the price I think I might like the extra ports, I need to map out everything I want to monitor. You never know what things might come up later however. The Venus may go away. Its hard to see the need for both in their product line.

As for the screen, I can use my MFD or whatever display I end up using at my Nav station. I don't see a need for a dedicated screen. I can also use my phone or tablet anywhere on the boat.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:43   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Camper Nicholson 44 Ketch

I am curious if any other touchscreen would work. We have a 12in VGA Planar touchscreen that could be converted to HDMI. The resolution and drivers might not work out, though.
witzgall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:32   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by witzgall View Post
I am curious if any other touchscreen would work. We have a 12in VGA Planar touchscreen that could be converted to HDMI. The resolution and drivers might not work out, though.
That's one of my questions as well, maybe someone at the boat show">Miami boat show can ask Victron! With true HDMI output the resolution shouldn't be a problem, its the touch screen I wonder about.