Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2022, 12:25   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Hi,

I'd like to purchase (x4) lifepo4 3.2V cells to make a 12V battery for my van.
I am not looking for grade A or top notch batteries, I just want to build a 12V battery for my van that can handle a few thousands cycles, with a capacity of about 200Ah.

I am hesitating between these 3 ones, they are all rather cheap but the first one is veeeerrrry cheap for a 320Ah.
The 2nd ones have a strange shape I've never seen before.

Could you please tell me which one I could buy without being scammed? (my knowledge about lifepo4 techno is limited to what I've learned on yt )

I wrote a few message to the sellers, they seem fine and communicative. Their ratings are good too.

I know you prefer better quality batteries but my budget is limited...
Anyway here they are, thanks !

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004200164817.html

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004329139006.html

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004006663882.html
emelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2022, 22:34   #2
Senior Cruiser
 
fxykty's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Boat: Outremer 55L
Posts: 2,922
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelina View Post
Hi,

I'd like to purchase (x4) lifepo4 3.2V cells to make a 12V battery for my van.
I am not looking for grade A or top notch batteries, I just want to build a 12V battery for my van that can handle a few thousands cycles, with a capacity of about 200Ah.

I am hesitating between these 3 ones, they are all rather cheap but the first one is veeeerrrry cheap for a 320Ah.
The 2nd ones have a strange shape I've never seen before.

Could you please tell me which one I could buy without being scammed? (my knowledge about lifepo4 techno is limited to what I've learned on yt )

I wrote a few message to the sellers, they seem fine and communicative. Their ratings are good too.

I know you prefer better quality batteries but my budget is limited...
Anyway here they are, thanks !

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004200164817.html

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004329139006.html

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004006663882.html


https://youtube.com/c/WillProwse

Just follow his recommendations
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 13:11   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
https://youtube.com/c/WillProwse

Just follow his recommendations

I know this guy and his content is top notch I learned a lot from him.
But it does not answer my question
emelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 14:09   #4
Registered User
 
Sailmonkey's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston
Boat: '76 Allied Seawind II, 32'
Posts: 9,490
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

If I had to choose between those three.

The first is out. Item 420. I donít like the cases.

Of the second two. Iíd lean towards the last link. Item 400. They are so close looking to Winston cells that they may have been made by Winston.
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 14:13   #5
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lefkas Marina ,Greece
Boat: Bavaria 36
Posts: 20,131
Images: 3
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
If I had to choose between those three.

The first is out. Item 420. I donít like the cases.

Of the second two. Iíd lean towards the last link. Item 400. They are so close looking to Winston cells that they may have been made by Winston.
A comment from a purchaser suggest these are CALB cells
__________________
Interested in smart boat technology, networking and all things tech
goboatingnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 16:01   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
If I had to choose between those three.

The first is out. Item 420. I donít like the cases.

Of the second two. Iíd lean towards the last link. Item 400. They are so close looking to Winston cells that they may have been made by Winston.

thanks for your feedback. I'd go with the last one then, at first it surprised me because I4ve never seen green cells, in a stretched format. The drawbacks is that they don't include busbars and screws, like the other ones.
Btw, what do you mean by Item 400? and "item 420" for the first one? and the case, what is the pbl with it?





Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
A comment from a purchaser suggest these are CALB cells

This is no good?
emelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 21:14   #7
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Victoria B.C.
Boat: CS27
Posts: 2,826
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Calb, Winston, and Sinopoly are all top notch manufacturers.
mitiempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 21:41   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 73
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelina View Post
I know this guy and his content is top notch I learned a lot from him.
But it does not answer my question

Somebody sent this to me as an argument why not to do what you plan to do. I am scratching my head after watching it - "should I...?"


What is your reason not to follow what he recommends in this video?
__________________
When there are white caps on the bay, the pro don't play.
badadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 00:13   #9
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Croatia
Boat: Elan 45 impression
Posts: 969
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelina View Post
Hi,

I'd like to purchase (x4) lifepo4 3.2V cells to make a 12V battery for my van.
I am not looking for grade A or top notch batteries, I just want to build a 12V battery for my van that can handle a few thousands cycles, with a capacity of about 200Ah.

I am hesitating between these 3 ones, they are all rather cheap but the first one is veeeerrrry cheap for a 320Ah.
The 2nd ones have a strange shape I've never seen before.

Could you please tell me which one I could buy without being scammed? (my knowledge about lifepo4 techno is limited to what I've learned on yt )

I wrote a few message to the sellers, they seem fine and communicative. Their ratings are good too.

I know you prefer better quality batteries but my budget is limited...
Anyway here they are, thanks !


https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004329139006.html
this is 100% fake scam shop
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004329139006.html
Store No. 1102081002
China
This store has been open since May 6, 2022
Business Information
buy from this store i think you receive good. quality ho know
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...yAdapt=glo2fra

but most important you save 200€ on battery must last 10 year. 200€ bro you can eat dinner .

if you in EU order here couple € more but you have some warranty. https://shop.gwl.eu/Winston-40Ah-200Ah/?cur=1
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 03:30   #10
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by badadim View Post
Somebody sent this to me as an argument why not to do what you plan to do. I am scratching my head after watching it - "should I...?"


What is your reason not to follow what he recommends in this video?



Well technically I'm doing what he recommands because he often says cheap batteries are good too




Quote:
Originally Posted by more View Post
this is 100% fake scam shop
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004329139006.html
Store No. 1102081002
China
This store has been open since May 6, 2022
Business Information
buy from this store i think you receive good. quality ho know
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...yAdapt=glo2fra

but most important you save 200Ä on battery must last 10 year. 200Ä bro you can eat dinner .

if you in EU order here couple Ä more but you have some warranty. https://shop.gwl.eu/Winston-40Ah-200Ah/?cur=1





Yes that was my concern about the first one, I've just read his reviews and I saw he sometimes have the same text reviews from different buyers, so obviously fake ones.
I will follow your advice and buy fr the other one. Thank you much !
emelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 06:41   #11
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lefkas Marina ,Greece
Boat: Bavaria 36
Posts: 20,131
Images: 3
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
https://youtube.com/c/WillProwse

Just follow his recommendations


His recommendations are all over the place
__________________
Interested in smart boat technology, networking and all things tech
goboatingnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:57   #12
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Ontario Canada
Boat: Jeanneau SO 389
Posts: 1,470
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

If itís helps in real applications the biggest most popular battery ď manufacturerĒ is half a size good as their claims from China dozens of them canít be imported here. Putting Chinese cells in a domestic case is a popular scam also. You could pick up a BMW i3 battery pretty cheap because they were not that great but will kick ass in a van.
The First Rand Picnics used this cell in their early boats.
Rumrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:03   #13
Registered User
 
Sailmonkey's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston
Boat: '76 Allied Seawind II, 32'
Posts: 9,490
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelina View Post
thanks for your feedback. I'd go with the last one then, at first it surprised me because I4ve never seen green cells, in a stretched format. The drawbacks is that they don't include busbars and screws, like the other ones.
Btw, what do you mean by Item 400? and "item 420" for the first one? and the case, what is the pbl with it?








This is no good?


The item numbers Iím typing are the last three digits from the linksÖ..because Iím too lazy to name each one by their alibaba marketing names.

Iím not a fan of the aluminum cases with the blue plastic insulators over them. Not a big deal to isolate the cells with additional thin plastic sheets between them, but why.
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2022, 13:51   #14
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Finally bought these 320Ah
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004200164817.html
Honestly if I end up getting a 200Ah I'd still be happy for that price
emelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2022, 22:03   #15
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Croatia
Boat: Elan 45 impression
Posts: 969
Re: help me choose between these 3 lifepo4 battery cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelina View Post
Finally bought these 320Ah
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004200164817.html
Honestly if I end up getting a 200Ah I'd still be happy for that price
this cell is not from this year . 2-4 old cell. maybe used ,maybe new but who know why siting somewhere.

but also i buy similar 280.ah 310 ah and like you be happy if have -10% capacity and 2000 cycles for house solar system. on boat buy winston cell but price is huge difference.

also i buy 200 ah 12v for bow truster 200Ä. 200Ä 200ah 12v lithium battery cheapest lead start battery 200ah i think price is over 300Ä with tax
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
battery, lifepo4

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LiFePO4: Help me choose a BMS Davidhoy Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar 33 11-06-2020 05:56
Links to lifepo4 battery cells sparrowhawk1 Lithium Power Systems 40 08-01-2020 12:36
[SOLD] used LiFePO4 battery cells electric1 Classifieds Archive 1 23-08-2015 09:53
For Sale: used LiFePO4 battery cells electric1 Classifieds Archive 8 12-05-2015 22:26
For Sale: LIFEPO4 Battery Cells witzgall Classifieds Archive 4 06-11-2011 05:43

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:34.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.