Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2020, 16:27   #1

Boat: Ranger 33
Compression Case

I've seen many "cases" that are simply two pieces of plywood held together with all-thread and some others made of aluminum with all-thread. Everything I've read says prismatic cell should be compressed. But I have yet to find any solid information about just exactly, how much compression is needed. How much compression is too much? How much is too little? The cells I have have a very slight bulge in the middle. Should there be enough compression to 'flatten' the cells out, so that the cells are touching each other around their perimeters? Or would that be too much? And what would be an indication that there is too much compression?
expozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compression

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: