Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2019, 14:58   #1

Boat: Ranger 33
Chargers

I've only seen a few chargers that actually state that they're lifepo4 compatible. What compatible means is surely up for debate. But I suppose any CC/CV charger would be able to charge LFP, so long as you can make enough adjustments to things like absorption voltage and duration. Does anyone have any recommendations or success stories?

A few chargers I've found that specify LFP compatibility are:

- PROMARINER ProNautic 1240P Marine Charger
- MASTERVOLT ChargeMaster
- VICTRON Phoenix Smart IP43 Charger

None of which really specify in detail what their LFP charge algorithm does. I've been leaning towards the ProNautic, but it doesn't seem to have any options to set the absorption duration nor will they tell you have they've chosen. The Phoenix Smart also looks interesting, but is only available for 220 VAC.

So who's got a charger they're happy with?
expozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger