Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 03:31   #1

Boat: Privilege 435, 44 ft
Privilege 435

G'day mates, I am a new user to the forums, and a reasonably inexperienced sailor. I am currently looking at a Privilege 435 but am struggling to find specs such as bridgedeck clearance or any other performance related review. I am particularly interested in the boats sailing performance as well as it's upwind ability. The quality of the build and the comfort levels clearly speak for themselves. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:04   #2

Speak to Mike of Jeannius, he has had his 435 for 6 years, lovely boat, sails well and nice bloke.
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:18   #3

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory View Post
G'day mates, I am a new user to the forums, and a reasonably inexperienced sailor. I am currently looking at a Privilege 435 but am struggling to find specs such as bridgedeck clearance or any other performance related review. I am particularly interested in the boats sailing performance as well as it's upwind ability. The quality of the build and the comfort levels clearly speak for themselves. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Hi Rory

As Ian says, I've owned a 435 for 6 years and am very happy. I don't think I've ever seen a figure for the bridgedeck clearance but I can tell you a 10 ft Caribe dinghy with a 15hp Yamaha outboard passes underneath the hulls with no problem. That means the clearance is much better than most. One day I'll get around to actually measuring it!.

You cn get the performance figures by going to Alliaura and looking at the specifications tab for the 445 (the 435 is identical to the 445, they've just changed the name to reflect the fact that the boat has always been 44 and a bit feet long). The polar graph is not very clear but you can just about read what it says.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 15:37   #4

Boat: Privilege 435, 44 ft
Thanks for the help, I will contact Alliaura. Their specs don't include bridgedeck clearance, but possibly someone there will know the details.
Rory is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
privilege