Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2022, 06:01   #1

Boat: Seaward 25
ICW vs Gulf route

We have a multi day trip planned in our Seaward 25 from Bradenton,FL to Clearwater. I am new to the gulf and curious for experience with route. Navionics would send us up a good deal of the ICW once we cross Tampa Bay entering at Johns Pass. Alternatively, we could stay out in the gulf until right near our new marina. We draft about 3 ft and while I’m sure the ICW is calmer, I also worry about shoaling. Any thought/ experience on the easier route? Certainly for a stop at night we’d seek interior shelter.
Staceyjmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:38   #2

Boat: Nimble Artic 26
Re: ICW vs Gulf route

check the tides, clear water channel was less than five feet deep at the lowest tide of the month, back in 2001.

I sailed that route all inside the icw channel on my Ericson 32. it was very nice, only had problems in clear water where its shallow outside the channel, and not very deep inside.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:47   #3

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20
Re: ICW vs Gulf route

Welcome.

I would suggest updating your profile with your general location and your boat make & model or “Looking” in the "Boat" category. This info shows up under your UserName in every post in the web view. Many questions are boat and/or location dependent and having these tidbits under your UserName saves answering those questions repeatedly. If you need help setting up your profile then click on this link: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3308797

I would happily help more if the link above is not enough.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
icw, route