Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2022, 18:34   #31

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi
Re: eSCOOTER for trans at ports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakerChuck View Post
Update-

I bought a used KingSong 16X electric unicycle. It's got more weight and capability than I really want, but the price was right :-)

I've had it about a month, and have been VERY casual about learning how to use it. So far, I've got about 30 miles on the odometer. I'm now pretty comfortable cruising around my neighborhood at about 15 mph. I think it will work very nicely as shore transportation. It is a BUNCH of fun.
Welcome to the euc club. They seem ,to me, to be the best compromise of speed, range, and portability. I hope you enjoy it!
chris mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 23:49   #32
NBs

Boat: NT37
Re: eSCOOTER for trans at ports.

hi,

my wife and I experience E-scoot now through 3 and they are really nice to use and explore the environment, shops etc.

I want to tell you one warning I encountered on the charger battery in another scoot. the battery began to heat up heavily, fortunately closed the metal case, I do not know could have ignited a fire without a sturdy structure.

I only noticed this when the other scooter was full and I took off the charge, I noticed a small smell and noticed that the other scooter was very hot. Maybe the BSM was broken and the charge was over and the battery was ruined and deformed.

Be sure to observe the charger process, a fire in your boat is always a serious risk. I ordered a new battery and both work again.

https://joyorscooter.com/product/joyor-gs5/
NBs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ports