Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2019, 22:32   #16

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: Convicted Boat Thief Mark Conner Opens New Business in New Port Richey Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Venture View Post
This all dates back to 2010. Give the guy a break.
You may not think you need to look out for someone who can be seen as a threat to all your boatie friends. Not all of us want to give crooks a break, though. It's a funny spot there, between sanctioning theft and trying to behave "nicely" to others when being nice means you help only one, and drawing a line potentially helps many more.

Ann
Old 15-02-2019, 10:43   #17
cruiser

Re: Convicted Boat Thief Mark Conner Opens New Business in New Port Richey Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Venture View Post
This all dates back to 2010. Give the guy a break.
Give him a break?! LOLOLOLOL

The guy stole MANY boats

Owes over $400,000 in court ordered restitution I believe

He is a convicted felon, getting back in a business where he ripped off so many

There are real concerns here if he is properly licensed as a broker

I'd be asking Yacht world if they condone this behaviour and want him as a client of theirs

He is apparently working for Outpost marine too

He has straight up lies / false advertising on his website... "We are your number one selling boat and yacht brokers in the Tampa Bay area"

If he does need to be licensed/bonded/insured, I find it wild that anyone would grant him a license or insure/bond him based on his past!
Boater3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 11:05   #18

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout 30 View Post
If it is someone else with the same name that should be cleared up in this thread. I believe that the OP should either contact him & ask him or provide some other means of proof. If it is him I think the authorities should be notified.

Why are you putting this on the OP? Why don’t you do it?
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 11:19   #19

Be Brave, Take Risks, Nothing Can Substitute Experience
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 13:38   #20

Boat: Scout 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelie View Post
Why are you putting this on the OP? Why don’t you do it?
Because I didn't start this thread. Why don't you do it?

Feel like I'm back in grade school.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 13:39   #21

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España

Because I don’t think it needs to be done.
Old 15-02-2019, 13:54   #22
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

I do agree that these parasites should be exposed via Forums as was done here, but leave the police alone to deal with more dangerous felons.

The big picture I take from this is to do your own due diligence when working with a broker.
Especially if escrow accounts are involved.
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 15:21   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
I do agree that these parasites should be exposed via Forums as was done here, but leave the police alone to deal with more dangerous felons.

The big picture I take from this is to do your own due diligence when working with a broker.
Especially if escrow accounts are involved.
Huh? Theft is a crime. Pretty sure it's the job of police to deal with thieves. Us trashing this guy on the internet will not shut him down or keep him from ripping someone else off.
Old 15-02-2019, 15:23   #24

Quote:
Huh? Theft is a crime. Pretty sure it's the job of police to deal with thieves. Us trashing this guy on the internet will not shut him down or keep him from ripping someone else off.
What are you saying? We shouldn’t have a public opinion about this guy? Only the police should have opinions about what’s criminal?
Old 15-02-2019, 15:24   #25
cruiser

Quote:
Uhh it definitely will help

I do due diligence including searching the internet before doing business with someone or a company

This thread hopefully will save someone from getting involved with a convicted felon
Old 15-02-2019, 22:43   #26

How does he get a business license?
jmorrison146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 13:32   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkle1976 View Post
Mark Conner, of New Port Richey (formerly of Treasure Island), a convicted boat thief and boat consignment defrauder has opened a new business called Westside Marine. The Hull Truth link below has all the information.

His website is: https://westsidemarine.net (updated, Pete7)

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating...=#post12187441
That was NINE YEARS ago. What a stinking post you wrote. If there is a problem *now*, then yes, please tell about, but 9 years ago? I suppose he has paid for his wrong doings and doesn't need such incriminations?

If you fear/suppose fraud, then please be concret. Or otherwise, imho, be quiet.

Who are you, btw? How are you related with this situation? What's your concern? What do you expect from your post?
250224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 14:13   #28
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish View Post
Here's a link to his booking sheet:
Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Charge Report
Apparently, Conners was sentenced to 5 years in prison, in 2012.
https://ccmspa.pinellascounty.org/Pu...CaseID=8073747

https://ccmspa.pinellascounty.org/Pu...inellas+County

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 15:42   #29

When somebody is convicted of pretending to sell boats on consignment & instead steals them, gets out of jail without ever paying restitution & then goes right back to selling boats on consignment it is a public service to let the community know. Some here obviously don't have a problem with thieves but most of us do.
Old 20-02-2019, 15:53   #30
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3534 View Post
That was NINE YEARS ago. What a stinking post you wrote. If there is a problem *now*, then yes, please tell about, but 9 years ago? I suppose he has paid for his wrong doings and doesn't need such incriminations?

If you fear/suppose fraud, then please be concret. Or otherwise, imho, be quiet.

Who are you, btw? How are you related with this situation? What's your concern? What do you expect from your post?
I think you are making some bad assumptions. I dont think that he has repaid the $400,000+ he owes. If he did, and can attest he is a changed man, and conduct business legally, then may be that is a different story but I dont think so just based on his lying website and not having the proper broker/business licenses based on what I am reading here.

Who are you? How are you related?

Tags
florida, boat