Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2020, 14:17   #1

Boat: Previous Contessa 32, Nicholson 39
Sweden Moorings/Clubs

I’m planning on buying a boat in Sweden. And keeping it in Sweden for a couple of years.
I am looking at the cheapest area in Sweden within the Baltic to find moorings for a 40 ft sailing boat. Also information on any sailing clubs who might have available moorings
OldSalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 14:52   #2

Re: Sweden Moorings/Clubs

Sweden can be a hard one. We lived in Stockholm and finding a place close by the house, which is not crazy expensive and did not require us to wait on a list for years was very hard.

The further away from the big cities you go the easier it will be... the problem with a lot of these places is they are 'clubs' and require you to work at the marina and do a night time security watch once a month or so.

We found an awesome place outside Stockholm in Nacka called Morningside marina. A few years ago it cost us about 12k SEK to keep our 40ft there. It was not a club but and actual marina so no night watches and the harbor master Magnus is always around... he is a awesome guy. The marina is in a bit of rough shape as the owner would rather sell the land to build homes but i'm not sure the status of that project. That said it was a great place for us and was an awesome place to base while we learned to sail.

Having the boat there also give you access to the south and north archipelago both within about 30 min motor.
rubberduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 15:05   #3

That is brilliant information I will contact the marina you mentioned.
I’m happy to move away from Sweden cities in order to reduce mooring costs. As I’m retired and will be staying in the boat for a few months.
Old 17-02-2020, 08:11   #4

Boat: Hanse 315

I live in Gävle and I think that our marina called Fliskär is among the cheapest in the Baltic. There are several owners from Stockholm with larger yachts who have moved them to our Marina. The Marina is owned by the boat owners and there is a staff of 3-4 persons all the year. I think you can find a place here. It is 100 M N of Stockholm. I pay less than 300 euros for the whole summer season including lifting in and out of the water, for a place on a ponton 3.70 by 10 meters. Winter storage on the hard is around 200 euros. If you keep the boat in the water it is 100 euros.
Stickan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2020, 10:30   #5

Boat: Malö 116 39'

Abbekås is a port on the southern coast of Skåne. (In the Baltic) The advantage is that it is located 75 km from Copenhagen Airport (Kastrup). There, train and bus go all the way down to the harbor. Travel time 1.30 h

The downside is that there far to EVERYTHING. Rügen, Germany 55 M. Rönne, Bornholm, Denmark 45 M. Höllviken, Sweden (my home port) 26M Then you are in the southern end of the Sound and I have 15M to Copenhagen.

Another alternative is Falkenberg. Located Kattegat. Equally far to everything but it is 210 km from Kastrup.

I have no current prices (goggle), but less than 4000 kr for a summer.
Lars_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2020, 11:35   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickan View Post
I live in Gävle and I think that our marina called Fliskär is among the cheapest in the Baltic. There are several owners from Stockholm with larger yachts who have moved them to our Marina. The Marina is owned by the boat owners and there is a staff of 3-4 persons all the year. I think you can find a place here. It is 100 M N of Stockholm. I pay less than 300 euros for the whole summer season including lifting in and out of the water, for a place on a ponton 3.70 by 10 meters. Winter storage on the hard is around 200 euros. If you keep the boat in the water it is 100 euros.
Excellent information. How would I find contact information for Fliskar marina please ?
Are you still a member there. ?
Old 17-02-2020, 11:38   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars_L View Post
Abbekås is a port on the southern coast of Skåne. (In the Baltic) The advantage is that it is located 75 km from Copenhagen Airport (Kastrup). There, train and bus go all the way down to the harbor. Travel time 1.30 h

The downside is that there far to EVERYTHING. Rügen, Germany 55 M. Rönne, Bornholm, Denmark 45 M. Höllviken, Sweden (my home port) 26M Then you are in the southern end of the Sound and I have 15M to Copenhagen.

Another alternative is Falkenberg. Located Kattegat. Equally far to everything but it is 210 km from Kastrup.

I have no current prices (goggle), but less than 4000 kr for a summer.
Thank you I will take a look. Am I just looking to find contact information for Abbekas marina ?
Old 17-02-2020, 11:43   #8

Boat: Hanse 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSalt1 View Post
Excellent information. How would I find contact information for Fliskar marina please ?
Are you still a member there. ?
Yes I am member and has been a member for more than 40 years. I forgot that membership cost 500 euros + 100 per year. I don't know if they refund you when you leave, I think so. They have a website, but only in Swedish. Have a look at: Välkommen till Fliskärsvarvet i Gävle
Stickan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2020, 11:53   #9

Quote:
Yes I am member and has been a member for more than 40 years. I forgot that membership cost 500 euros + 100 per year. I don't know if they refund you when you leave, I think so. They have a website, but only in Swedish. Have a look at: Välkommen till Fliskärsvarvet i Gävle
That’s fine. Because I’m keeping boat in Sweden at least 2 years. Maybe longer. So refund won’t apply.
I’ll keep you posted.
Old 17-02-2020, 11:56   #10

Quote:
I’m trying to send you PM with my contact details because I am in Sweden next week
But I can’t see a way of sending you a personal message on this forum

Tags
local information, marina & port info, mooring, safe anchorages, Sweden