Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-03-2020, 10:42   #16

Re: Skipper licence in the Med!

The answer is simple in both Greece and Turkey I have always been asked for skippers ticket when entering either country - and done it a few times in our two years in the Med. Croatia is a must, Montenegro definitely and Italy - depends on where you land. Always dose! Greece is very prickly and doesn't always know the law - except their version of it! But don't go there without one otherwise they can refuse you entry. Peter
peterlewis19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 19:08   #17

Boat: Amel 50

Last season I sailed in France (Atlantic side), Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece. I did daily hops to Marina's & anchorages. I was asked for a license maybe a handful times. I responded that I wasn't required to have a license in the country my boat was registered. Nobody insisted.

I now have a California Boater's license and I plan to get the ICC, just in case.
boom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 03:06   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom23 View Post
Last season I sailed in France (Atlantic side), Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece. I did daily hops to Marina's & anchorages. I was asked for a license maybe a handful times. I responded that I wasn't required to have a license in the country my boat was registered. Nobody insisted.

I now have a California Boater's license and I plan to get the ICC, just in case.
Be careful in Croatia. If you try to pull that one, they will force you to acquire their "B" licence.
admikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 07:21   #19

Boat: Nauticat 43

ASA offers an International Proficiency Certificate, which is proof of bareboat chartering competency for Med chartering companies, so this should serve the purpose. To qualify, you must be an ASA member and have completed classes through ASA 104. Otherwise, no further testing is required.
Old 15-03-2020, 08:14   #20

Boat: Hunnter Legend 37.5

Use NauticEd.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username25 View Post
I was wondering about ICC. Is it for EU resident only? What would be the easiest way to get it just in case?
bensolomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, government regulations, skipper