Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2020, 08:31   #1

Jabsco Lite flush Heads

Last year I installed two Lite Flush Jabsco toilets which worked perfectly for about a month. Then the drive belt on the macerator flush pump started to slip first on one, then on the other toilet. I replaced the drive belts on both only to experience after 3 weeks the repeat of the same problem.

Then I tried two cam belts in tandem on the each toilet. Still the problem persisted after 2/ 3 weeks the belts slipped again

I then tried fitting a wider cam belt same problem 3/4 weeks the belt slipped again on both Heads.

This was getting expensive as the service kits which included belts and pulleys are £36.00 each. I had spent nearly £200 trying to fix the problem

Finally the problem was solved. It is the tension of the belt. I increased the tension and the current belts that were fitted year ago and are still operating

So if any of you have experienced a similar problem with your Jabsco Lite Flush just 'Tighten your Belts' !

How do this ? Refit the position of drive motor, tricky but possible, or fit a slightly different belt, Simple, find a supplier that can supply a Cam Belt with one less tooth

If you do not know or cannot find a supplier that can do this let me know and I will send you one for the cost of the postage only (While Stocks Last)

Happy Flushing

Freebooter
Freebooter66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equiptment & provisions, head, jabsco