Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Emergency, Disaster and Distress
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2020, 07:18   #1

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fizz 40' or is it 39'?? :-)
Global Marine Networks declare SOLAS messages as SPAM!!

Dear all,

currently I am - since April 2020 busy to provide ocean sailors with weather information for their passage back to Europe from the caribbean.

The one and the only one satellite communications provider "Global Marine Networks" Satellite Phones & Airtime | Satellite Email & Internet | Global Marine Networks declares messages, which contain important weather information for the sailors out at sea flatly as SPAM. This includes data available via the NHC in Miami e.g. as well, etc. ...

Even having been contacted by me they arrogantly just ignore my inquiry.

The action I am currently involved with is the "Trans-Ocean - Rolling Home Team of the German Trans-Ocean Sailing Club www.trans-ocean.org. I am member of the amateur radio club INTERMAR e.V. in Germany Intermar e.V. - Home and we are providing - either via e-mail or ham-radio weather information to all sailors ww if requested.

So, this is just an information to everybody about the behaviour of this company which sells their stuff to sailors - I think for a lot of money, and which is completely unusable as they deny to deliver e-mails to their customers which originate e.g. from a winlink account, like mine, where sure never SPAM mails are delivered from, the HAM community will watch this closely - and - even refuse to answer any inquiry regarding this problem. For me it is clear this company and their products are a NO GO !!
HUR450502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, work