At Cruisers Forum we are pleased to offer our members a Monthly Vendor Giveaway Prize, which we hope will help our members learn about the sponsors who support our community. Our goal is to create ways for our members to engage with our sponsors, earning a chance to win a prize donated by the sponsor
. We feel this will provide the sponsor
a unique opportunity to embrace our laser focused audience and provide our amazing members an easy and free way to win some gear!
A special thanks to Ocean Planet Energy for providing the prize for our May 2015 Giveaway, which will be:
TWO Firefly Oasis carbon-foam AGM batteries, retail value of $425 each
PLUS a 10% discount for all entrants who don't win (send an email via website, including your entry number, to claim your discount)!
OceanPlanet Energy (OPE) is in Bath, Maine, providing boaters and marine installers with high quality energy systems including batteries, solar panels, monitoring systems, alternators, hydro generators, and more. The company's founder, Bruce Schwab, is a lifelong marine professional who has completed 2 solo circumnavigations including the 2004/2005 Vendee Globe. OceanPlanet Energy is committed to finding the most reliable and efficient energy related technologies and making them available to mariners around the World.
An example of the technology that OPE has identified for the marine world is the Firefly Oasis Carbon Foam AGM battery. The Oasis G-31 uses a patented carbon foam grid which prevents permanent sulfation in the battery. This means that there is no permanent damage or capacity loss from extended PSOC (partial state of charge) operation, or from deep discharging to a low SOC (state of charge). This adds up to shorter charge times without damaging the battery and up to 3X the deep discharge cycles of any other AGM.
To enter, simply do the following:
- Visit the site Ocean Planet Energy
- Select the products you would add to your wishlist which you would consider purchasing with your 10% discount if you don't win!
- Copy the URLs (the web address at top of your browser).
- Paste the URLs into a post in this thread/discussion.
That's all you have to do, so don't forget the links!
More Rules and Info:
- Any member of Cruisers Forum may enter.
- Members can only post once in the contest thread, so be sure to check you have included the link before you post!
- Entries without links will be disqualified.
- Members who have made a mistake may hit the red triangle to report the post and alert the moderators.
- Members must post a link back to Ocean Planet Energy to the goods they would buy with their Giveaway credit.
- Members who wish to select merchandise of higher value than the Giveaway limit may do so; and agree to pay the difference.
- On the last day of the month we will close the thread and randomly pick a post (or posts) in the thread, that will be the winner. We will use Random.org to choose a number between 2 and the last entry number (seeing the first post is the announcement). Whatever number is selected equates to the post number that wins.
- No purchase is required to enter.
- We will announce the winner at the end of the thread and close it again.
- Members who break the rules will be disqualified!
If you are bursting to ask a question about this awesome Giveaway, I have created a FAQs thread for you to post on, so you don't have to get disqualified from here for double posting!!!
Vendor Giveaway - Click here to ask your questions!