Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2017, 04:56   #1

Y flyer and Multineer Parts

This last winter I bought a bunch of cheap craigslist boats to make one good one. I have left overs!

I have one mast, centerboard and rudder for the y flyer 18 plus some misc hardware

I have a mast, boom and rudder along with good hull and even trailer for the chrystler 15 multineer. Boat needs some repairs on mast hinge mounting area and sails plus a centerboard so its better as a parts boat. Rudder is original. Read they failed often but this doesn't look to have any weak spots. These were all inland lake board

Located near Greenville sc. Parents in myrtle beach sc.

Will trade for parts to get my hobie 18 on the water. I need boom, tramp and sails.

Will also trade for hardware to build lazy jacks for my san juan 26.

We make a trip to the keys every June and delivery could also be arranged from 95 in sc to hwy 1 if you're patient.

Im flexible on pricing. Whatever you feel is a fair price. I have not researched going rates for any of these parts and don't intend on doing so.

It's easier for me to email or text pics of any specific parts you need. Im posting from a smart phone and the uploader is not jiving with old android
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170509_193005.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	408.3 KB
ID:	151212  
dohcdelsol93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:01   #2

Boat: JBW club 420, MFG Bandit, Snark
Re: Y flyer and Multineer Parts

Length: 22' 2"
Width port to starboard: 2.5"
Depth fore and aft: 2.75"

Could you check the dimensions of the masts for me?

I bought one with a larger cross section and it's on the boat now, but it's too heavy. It worked great until I capsized the boat and that was when the extra weight became a problem, I've never had that much trouble righting a boat. I'd be interested if they are closer to the dimensions I posted.
Old 03-04-2018, 00:07   #3

Do you still have the rudder and centerboard for the y flyer?
c34webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 07:51   #4

I am in a similar boat (pun intended). I've got a Y flyer all but set to sail but am still looking for a serviceable rudder (the one I have has a twist in it).

I know this is an old thread, but if you've still got it, I have family in Traveler's Rest who could probably come by to get it.

Let me know, please.

Best regards,
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohcdelsol93 View Post
This last winter I bought a bunch of cheap craigslist boats to make one good one. I have left overs!

I have one mast, centerboard and rudder for the y flyer 18 plus some misc hardware

I have a mast, boom and rudder along with good hull and even trailer for the chrystler 15 multineer. Boat needs some repairs on mast hinge mounting area and sails plus a centerboard so its better as a parts boat. Rudder is original. Read they failed often but this doesn't look to have any weak spots. These were all inland lake board

Located near Greenville sc. Parents in myrtle beach sc.

Will trade for parts to get my hobie 18 on the water. I need boom, tramp and sails.

Will also trade for hardware to build lazy jacks for my san juan 26.

We make a trip to the keys every June and delivery could also be arranged from 95 in sc to hwy 1 if you're patient.

Im flexible on pricing. Whatever you feel is a fair price. I have not researched going rates for any of these parts and don't intend on doing so.

It's easier for me to email or text pics of any specific parts you need. Im posting from a smart phone and the uploader is not jiving with old android
DMKvoile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 08:18   #5

I do still have both rudders for the y flyer but I don't know what you mean by twist in them. Will send a pm with my contact info
Old 17-09-2020, 08:20   #6

Thank you.
DMKvoile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 08:29   #7

All multineer parts gone.

I have rudders for early hobie 16 (may fit 18)
Boom for a macgreggor 21 (almost 10 ft long)
Center board for the y flyer
Both y flyer rudders
A rudder for a san juan 26, transom hung
A volvo penta sp 290 outdrive. V8 gearing.

Email me at dohcdelsol93 at g mail.com for quicker response. I just now got notifications on this thread

Tags
parts