Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2020, 06:14   #91

Boat: Oyster 46
Re: WTB: 40-50' Queen aft cabin blue water cruiser

I have a 1987 Oyster 46 that I have owned since 1995. This boat is ready to go for my needs as a day sailor on Lake Michigan. For Blue Water it needs a refrigeration upgrade. The rigging passes inspection every year and was new in 1995. I would consider replacing riggings again if again crossing any blue water. Original Perkins 82 hp diesel still purrs along, starts immediately and burns no oil. There argument for and against its replacement. Teak decks replaced in 2003 with a system of 12 large marine plywood pieces and the teak planks attached to those plywood pieces duplicating the previous look and patterns without all the hole in the deck. After they removed the old deck and filled all the holes. The new system does not offer nearly as many opportunities for failure. It was installed by Palmer Johnson in Sturgeon Bay WI. The boat has been stored in-doors heated every winter since. Used as a day sailor on Lake Michigan since 2003. New mainsail ordered last Winter still in box as the boat was not launched this season. Several year old jib with fewer than 20 hours on it. Staysail new in 1995 but in good condition. I would need $165,000 to part with it. Located in Racine WI... nowhere near Texas. But I thought I would mention it.
boatingisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:15   #92

Re: WTB: 40-50' Queen aft cabin blue water cruiser

I was recently looking at a Liberty 458 that meets many of your needs. They are ~46' LOA, center cockpits with a palatial queen berth in the aft cabin. The layout was really nice. There were only 30 or so made in the 80s. Does anyone else in the group know more about those boats?
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue water, cabin, cruise, cruiser, water