Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2022, 07:11   #16

Re: Special Blue Water Cruiser Ready To Take You Anywhere You Want

Please advise.

Where can I see "For Sale Listing" "Kaiser Gale Force" for pictures and details.

A google search, a yachtworld search, ... nothing.
Old 18-03-2022, 08:25   #17

Hi, I should have made that more clear I guess. The original listing is on this forum down 9 lines below this listing. The "update" flags are turned off(on the original listing) and we cannot get any reply from the moderator/administrator, so when we lowered the price from $87,900 to $77,000 we had to create this "short" version of the listing. As an aside MIRAGE was originally listed with Yachtworld at $79,900 and we received a firm offer at full price, but the buyer had CCC (Canadian Covid Complications) and had to back out. Please note our boat comes with full diesel fuel tanks/105 gallons)with a powering range of approximately 1000nm which will power you nonstop to Juneau Alaska or San Francisco from its current location. Thanks for the "heads up" Myles and Sandy
Old 18-03-2022, 19:02   #18

Hi, The forum or their software now are combined as one. You can search thread 1 which has the info you are looking for now. The thred you are on here is thread 2 same listing. Thanks Myles and Sandy
Old 23-03-2022, 11:45   #19
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 37

“Also there is no sales or use tax applicable to most buyers”

Why would there be no sales tax?

Capt Clark
Old 23-03-2022, 14:19   #20

Boat: Yankee Dolphin 24'

Wow, that is a great looking boat! I was JUST in Oak Harbor, didn't see this listing until I got home...
Old 23-03-2022, 19:03   #21

Hello Capt. Clark and other interested parties:

Since MIRAGE is a US Coast Guard Documented Vessel there is no use tax in Washington State if purchased by a resident of another state. If a resident of Washington purchases the boat here in Washington, I paid the original use tax in California and have a copy of that fact from California as well as a copy of both sides of the check that I wrote to their tax people. State of Washington (as do most states) honors use tax paid to another state. All of the above means the buyer (next owner) saves over $5,000 on MIRAGE. Thanks Myles
Old 26-03-2022, 13:58   #22

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 32 (Richards)

Do you have a photo of the engine compartment? I would like to know about ease of access to the sea water pump (for changing the impeller) and the shaft seal. Does it have a dripless shaft seal, or a stuffing box?
Old 26-03-2022, 19:14   #23

Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. I will send you a private message. We are 10 miles from the San Juans, and have seen all of them, Vancouver Island (both sides), Haidi Guai(Queen Charlotte Islands), all the wonderful hot springs, and the mainland coast of British Columbia. We even ran the infamous Nakwato Rapids, which were only 15 knots, Fords Terror in Alaska is more like 20 knots which does requires planning!! Ha. Sorry fpr being slow to respond here, having trouble with a new PC and Apple/Windows problems. Look for a message. Best Regards Myles and Sandy
Old 27-03-2022, 08:45   #24

Boat: Land bound, previously Morgan 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtmirage View Post
Hello Capt. Clark and other interested parties:

Since MIRAGE is a US Coast Guard Documented Vessel there is no use tax in Washington State if purchased by a resident of another state. If a resident of Washington purchases the boat here in Washington, I paid the original use tax in California and have a copy of that fact from California as well as a copy of both sides of the check that I wrote to their tax people. State of Washington (as do most states) honors use tax paid to another state. All of the above means the buyer (next owner) saves over $5,000 on MIRAGE. Thanks Myles
People here in CA sometimes take possession of boats in Mexico and keep them there for at least 6 months to avoid the state sales tax. Probably the same would apply to a boat sold in WA.
Old 27-03-2022, 10:45   #25

Hi, We got back from Mexico a couple months ago (via Alaska Airlines). Los Cabos looks like Malibu now. Baja was just a sleepy Mexican village in the early 70's when we first saw it. Thanks for the tax tip. I wish I had known that 43 years ago. Ha. Myles
Old 31-03-2022, 21:24   #26

Hi to all, we are reducing our price for the fifth time. Watch this listing for the new price which should be here late tomorrow or Saturday. We are receiving a lot of interest and the first person to see the boat will probably buy it. Thanks for your interest. Our full boat cover will be coming off soon when it warms up here revealing beautiful varnish, bright work your polarized shades may barely inhibit, and our sailboat MIRAGE chomping at the dock lines to set sail for new world adventures leaving us behind for the first time. Regards Myles and Sandy
Old 01-04-2022, 02:23   #27

Boat: 1980 Choate CF40

I am interested in the boat. I am local to seattle, and can take a drive up there on Tuesday to have a look at it. HMU 425 six two eight 4643
John
Old 23-04-2022, 23:11   #28

MIRAGE is price reduced to $71,000 today Thanks Myles and Sanddy
Old 24-04-2022, 01:29   #29

Boat: cabo rico 38

hello Myles and Sandy.
I think I'm going to come to Port Townsend to look at a couple of boats. Can I come see this one as well?
cheers
Kirk
Old 24-04-2022, 07:37   #30

Hello Kirk, You are most welcome to come see it, You can send me a private message to yachtmirage with phone or email to set it up. We are getting about 5 showings a week now with the low price, so I suspect it will go on of these days. The three people who have seen it called it awesome, outstanding, and wonderful with three full price offers. Comps on the boat run from 80 to 110 thousand dollars US. If it doesn't sell on this cruiser net soon we will let our broker relist on YACHTWORLD for $120K. I am surprised not a single cruising couple has checked it out, but I am beginning to wonder if there are any left out there with a spirit of adventure to see a whole different world they didn't know existed. Thanks Myles and Sandy
Closed Thread

Tags
ais, blue water, cruise, cruiser, cutter, water