Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2022, 05:54   #1

Boat: Pearson 365
Pearson 365 Sloop in Massachusetts- $35,000

Pleiades (documented) is a Pearson 365 Sloop designed for short-handed sailing ease and efficiency. It is a popular cruising boat with good fuel and water capacity. It has a strong reputation for its smooth sailing performance, Intracoastal Waterway and blue water capability, and comfortable living quarters.

Pleiades is well maintained with many recent upgrades, including a newly rebuilt engine, a remodeled interior, new barrier coat and topsides, new canvas, and new interior cushions. The owner/seller, who is also a licensed captain, describes the boat as easy to handle even in tight marinas. Sailing performance is between 4 to 7 knots. The in-mast furling system makes reefing a breeze and heavy weather stress free.

Down below the layout is ideal for a couple and can easily accommodate up to 2 additional guests. The salon and galley are well appointed with plenty of storage. This boat is great for cruising and live-a-boards.

Systems are configured to enable off grid sailing for weeks at a time. An efficient diesel heater and insulated interior ensures a warm, dry boat for late season sailing in the Northeast.
MECHANICAL

• Engine Make: Single Westerbeke 40 (4.108) diesel
• Engine Drive: Inboard Drive
• Engine Year: Complete rebuild (2020)
• Engine Miles: NA
• Engine HP: 40
• NEW aluminum fuel tank (2020)
• NEW Racor 500 fuel filter (2020)
• NEW engine gauges (2020)
• Injection pump rebuild (2020)
• 12V fuel pump filter
• Shaft shark line cutter

ELECTRONICS

• 2008 Garmin 3206 GPC color chart plotter with radar display
• 2008 Garmin GMR -18 4kw radar, 35 miles
• Standard Horizon VHF with DSC emergency calling - capability to be inked to GPS
• Standard Horizon VHF RAM - remote mic and controller in cockpit
• 2006 Shakespeare masthead VHF whip antenna
• 2012 Raynav x-5 Wheel Pilot Raymarine 6002 with core pack, compass and control head
• 6" Ritchie binnacle compass

ELECTRICAL

• NEW batteries T 105 450 amp (2021)
• Kyocera solar panels 240 watt
• Wind generator
• Depth sounder
• Freedom 200 watt inverter
• 120V 30 amp shore power
• Blue Seas battery combiner
• 800 GPH bilge pump

SAILS/RIGGING

• Lightly used and in good condition, Neil Pryde main and 120% genoa (2006)
• Hood stoway main, in-mast furling
• Mainsail furler gearing refurbished (2012)
• Harken roller furling on forestay
• Whisker pole
• Sails cleaned and inspected annually

ADDITIONAL

• NEW topsides painted with Epifanes 2 part (2021)
• NEW barrier coat, bottom peeled, and faired to 18 mils (2021)
• NEW aluminum arch with engine hoist (2021)
• NEW all bronze seacocks replaced (2021)
• NEW water hosing throughout (2021)
• NEW water tank hatches (2021)
• NEW bimini and dodger (2020)
• NEW macerator (2020)
• NEW settee and v-berth cushions (2019)
• NEW Lifesling (2021)
• NEW barbecue (2020)
• Instant hot water heater, ABYC compliant
• Forced air diesel heater Planar 1600 BTUs
• 3/4 of hull insulated with 2" sprayed in foam and paneled
• Refrigerator/freezer re-insulated to R30 Danfoss BD50 compressor and evaporator
• Kato Davits with hoist and solar mounts
• Edson pedestal with S/S wheel
• S/S dodger frame
• Aluminum bimini frame
• Caribe Rib zodiac
• S/S swim ladder
• 2, 10 lb propane tanks
• 3-burner force 10 stove
• Radar reflector
• Edson teak cockpit table
• Cockpit cushions
• CQR anchor, chain 150' and 150' rode
• Lofrans Cayman horizontal anchor windlass (2012)
• Fenders
• Boat hook

Private message me via this site if interested
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arch.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	258906   Click image for larger version

Name:	p2[5961].jpg
Views:	536
Size:	465.3 KB
ID:	258907  

Name:	Hull Shot.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	258908   Click image for larger version

Name:	p12[5971].jpg
Views:	521
Size:	427.8 KB
ID:	258909  

Name:	p13[5960].jpg
Views:	449
Size:	425.4 KB
ID:	258910   Click image for larger version

Name:	p4[5965].jpg
Views:	452
Size:	423.8 KB
ID:	258911  

jpendoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:02   #2

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran
Re: Pearson 365 Sloop in Massachusetts- $35,000

It’s interesting to me that these boats have sold for $30,000-ish every single year, including the year they were made.

The only money lost owning one of these fine vessels is to inflation.

Great boat.
Chotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 23:14   #3

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

I have one of these (sloop) that I bought as a fixer. Great boat. The walk in shower did it for the wife. Very comfortable and spacious. My only correction is the stock Westerbeke 40hp engine is a 4-107 (which I prefer) and not the 108. I see yours is a little bow down like mine. I was told this is because it is a sloop and the weight of a mizzen mast and reinforcement for it under the deck and sail etc, adds enough weight to balance things out. I'm surprised these boats don't go for more money. They seem a financial sleeper to me.
What year is it? Mine is a 1979.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 04:10   #4

Mine is a ‘79 as well. Most people with a sloop attribute the bow down aspect to a full bow water tank. We use it for long trips and pull from that tank first-the bow then trims level after the first 20 gallons are withdrawn. With three separate 50 gallon tanks it must have one of the largest fresh water capacities of any 36 footer. It’s one of the reasons we never felt the need for a water maker.

We love the boat and the engine-reliable, tons of toque and dirt simple. Parts are easy to get and inexpensive. I’d rebuilt one atomic four years ago-the 4-107/108 was extremely easy to rebuild-fun in fact.
I am trading up with some misgivings-but getting a sweet 424 which is very similar in design so that is some consolation and tells you how we like Shaws designs. Same designer and builder,Same underbody-same water capacity and tank location-identical galley
same construction practices. 424 of course has more room and an aft cabin in a sloop-which is a big driver for my crew. These boats are very versatile cruisers for short money. And they do hold their value.
Old 05-06-2022, 09:51   #5

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpendoley View Post
Mine is a ‘79 as well. Most people with a sloop attribute the bow down aspect to a full bow water tank. We use it for long trips and pull from that tank first-the bow then trims level after the first 20 gallons are withdrawn. With three separate 50 gallon tanks it must have one of the largest fresh water capacities of any 36 footer. It’s one of the reasons we never felt the need for a water maker.

We love the boat and the engine-reliable, tons of toque and dirt simple. Parts are easy to get and inexpensive. I’d rebuilt one atomic four years ago-the 4-107/108 was extremely easy to rebuild-fun in fact.
I am trading up with some misgivings-but getting a sweet 424 which is very similar in design so that is some consolation and tells you how we like Shaws designs. Same designer and builder,Same underbody-same water capacity and tank location-identical galley
same construction practices. 424 of course has more room and an aft cabin in a sloop-which is a big driver for my crew. These boats are very versatile cruisers for short money. And they do hold their value.

The Pearson 365 is a handsome sailboat...

I'm with you on the no need for a watermaker. A crew of two from California to Hawaii would use 4 gallons a day for the passage. You could even shower everyday with that!
My bow down solution will be a badly needed tool crib in the aft end of the boat. The stern has a ton of buoyancy and will be unaffected by the addition of the weight as I would essentially be simulating the Ketch rig weight which I am guessing to be around 120 pounds with the entire mizzen rig. I'll build shelves around the stern and store all my boat repair, spares and stern anchor chain there. I have never seen what support system they use under the mizzen but I know something has to be there. I can see as much as 300 lbs will be needed as I am also adding adding an electric windlass and 200 ft. of chain forward.
I have had many boats in my past...Hallberg Rassy 35, Tartan Blackwatch 37, Ingrid 38, Westsail 28 and this Pearson 365. Each one has taught me something about design and what design works for me for my intended use. Each one had its attributes and each one had it's design flaws. By far the Pearson 365 is the most livable boat I have ever owned. I call these boats "Sleepers" since they are relatively inexpensive for the size along with quality. As a comparison the 365 weighs in at almost 18,000lbs. My HR35 was 12,500. So I know the Pearson is well laid up.
Point taken in regards to the Westerbeke (Perkins) 4-107. This is my 2nd one. If prior owners have not been a gorilla working on it, they will go for many thousands of hours.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 10:41   #6

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

We sold one of these, newer (1982), but in not nearly such good condition, for $45k, some years ago

That looks like a total steal to me.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Dockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 16:18   #7

Please contact me by email to discuss. Thx.
David37415 at gmail.com
thiswilldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2022, 03:26   #8

This boat is sold.

Tags
pearson, sloop, pearson 365, Massachusetts