Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2020, 12:49   #1

Owner Financed Sailboat (East Coast - NC)

Hello guys and gals,

This is a long shot, but actually a serious post. Please do not be too harsh!

I am looking for a sailboat for my family and I that could be purchased with owner financing. I am able to put a few thousand down and make payments around $500 comfortably. We can also be creative with balloon payments etc if need be. I just cannot do anything that will touch my credit at this point. Here is a brief list of things that we are looking for:

- Must be in working order with no major damage or extensive repairs. A marine survey will be done beforehand.

- We are a family of 8 so we will need a few berths. The smaller the better, but it must be overnight capable.

- Nothing to performance oriented or difficult to sail short handed.

We are open to discussing boats that meet the basic criteria. We won't be doing any ocean crossing or anything crazy. Maybe a trip from NC up the coast or down to the Bahamas? Please send any details or pictures to thejjohnsonfamily@gmail.com

Thank you!
Jazzland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:05   #2

Boat: 24ft Bristol Corsair
Send a message via MSN to brendanwalls Send a message via Yahoo to brendanwalls Send a message via Skype™ to brendanwalls
Re: Owner Financed Sailboat (East Coast - NC)

Welcome to the Forum Jazzland.

I opened this post because I was hoping to see some responses. I have a wonderful little boat that could with the right crew go anywhere; I'd just like 20 more feet lwl and a head.

Good luck with your search.

Brendan
brendanwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 09:37   #3

Boat: Sabre 34 sloop
Re: Owner Financed Sailboat (East Coast - NC)

I'm looking for a small single screw diesel inboard (or gas outboard) sleep aboard power boat, around 30 ft. I need to have a partner who lives in NE. where we will keep the boat. I live in Colorado and commute to NE in the summer. I need a partner who can watch over the boat and take care of her when I'm not there. I am good for half the purchase price and half the maintenance. This would be a good deal for someone because I will only use it for about 4 weeks in the summer. Where can I find this partner? Maybe I can find someone who will charter their boat to me for a week at a time? I have owned many boats and have thousands of sea miles to my credit. tonysmith101@mac.com
tootalltony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, east coast, sail, sailboat