Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2018, 11:44   #31

Boat: Currently Boatless!
Re: Ocean pedigree 40'-47' sailboat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Settlednomad,

Be of good cheer, sir. Our search for our present boat took us 3 years. It takes as long as it takes, and stick to your guns about the qualities of the vessel. You're looking for an awful lot of boat, in terms of additional equipment, and that makes your job even harder than ours was.

Ann
Thank you, Ann.

I am looking at all sorts at the moment. The more I read and try to understand about the boat I want for the journey, the better and more varied my options become. My initial post is for a 'Gold Standard' boat - the one that has it all and requiring minimal input before heading off. And, under exceptionally fortunate circumstances, I'm confident a boat of that standard can be found.

More recently my search has concentrated more on the boat and not the items that come with it. If I can get the right boat to start with, the rest will surely follow

SN.
Old 18-03-2018, 12:21   #32
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

This boat is close to my idea of a dream boat, for me as a single or couple, who wants to go exploring far off, and if based in tidal ports of the U.K. Or elsewhere, whenever drying out is a possibility, it has bilge keels.

It is fully equipped, nicely finished, and very low priced for what you get, considering the aluminum hull and recent gear, engine, etc.

I like the interior and everything I see.

With the money you save, I will be happy to help you sail it back to the UK, on a half circ!

I really wish I could get for myself.

For Sale: Alu mono 38ft. Ocean,fully equipped.500Watt.Decksalon.New sails&rigging&low hours eng - Cruisers & Sailing Forums
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 12:26   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadman Uhlich View Post
This boat is close to my idea of a dream boat, for me as a single or couple, who wants to go exploring far off, and if based in tidal ports of the U.K. Or elsewhere, whenever drying out is a possibility, it has bilge keels.

It is fully equipped, nicely finished, and very low priced for what you get, considering the aluminum hull and recent gear, engine, etc.

I like the interior and everything I see.

With the money you save, I will be happy to help you sail it back to the UK, on a half circ!

I really wish I could get for myself.

For Sale: Alu mono 38ft. Ocean,fully equipped.500Watt.Decksalon.New sails&rigging&low hours eng - Cruisers & Sailing Forums
I viewed this advert earlier, twice, and have to admit that she is such a lovely looking boat. My reason for not pursuing further is similar to the reasons for the sellers listing her: size. I don't have two big dogs but I do intend to have family and friends stay aboard for extended periods. 2 heads and a large aft cabin are important features for me (mainly for the missus!). If it was just for me then she'd be perfect!

Thanks for the nod...
Old 18-03-2018, 23:58   #34

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Don't know if you have the extra $$, but check out Lochmarin here in the CF classifieds. For someone who's in the market for a boat that size, she's a lovely example, but dear for some budgets.

Ann
Old 19-03-2018, 00:45   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Don't know if you have the extra $$, but check out Lochmarin here in the CF classifieds. For someone who's in the market for a boat that size, she's a lovely example, but dear for some budgets.

Ann
Lochmarin is unfortunately too big and too expensive for me. However, what a truly beautiful boat! :-)

Tags
boat, leopard, leopard 40, sail, sailboat