Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2020, 10:49   #1

Looking for Long term S/V rental

Hello, My name is JR and I am new to this forum. My wife and myself are looking to rent someone's private cruiser sailboat for 30 days or more. We are looking to purchase a 42 - 50ft cruiser and presently are owners and sail our smaller boat in Cascade Locks Oregon[ where the wind blows hard ] We are recently retired and want to sail the world. I am prepared to pay a charter fee and insurance in advance to take take all risk off the owner. I am willing to accept full responsibility for the boat as if I was the owner. Boats are generally better off being used as apposed to sitting idle in a marina or yard. I am a prior Portland Police officer and current business owner in Oregon. The boat I rent will come back better then when I received it. We are thinking the San Juan area, or any where the weather is nice. We are prepared to fly in at almost anytime, anywhere. We are looking to rent a S/V that is close to what we want to purchase. Single handed, water maker, Air-conditioning, ect If anyone on this forum has any ideas to make this come to fruition, please let us know. Thanks much. Cunninghamtrucking76 at yahoo dot com

I will give my cell number when I hear from you.
JR Cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 13:17   #2

Re: Looking for Long term S/V rental

Personally, I rented a Mobius here: https://www.zeboats.com/used-boats/boat-rent-to-own

I liked this service, besides the fact that we had to pay compensation for scratching the boat. But this is our fault

Hope I helped, good luck!)
takeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2022, 05:15   #3

Charter and insurance cannot be paid in advance if you already own a boat
Charlize Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 08:04   #4
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Cunningham View Post
Hello, My name is JR and I am new to this forum. My wife and myself are looking to rent someone's private cruiser sailboat for 30 days or more. We are looking to purchase a 42 - 50ft cruiser and presently are owners and sail our smaller boat in Cascade Locks Oregon[ where the wind blows hard ] We are recently retired and want to sail the world. I am prepared to pay a charter fee and insurance in advance to take take all risk off the owner. I am willing to accept full responsibility for the boat as if I was the owner. Boats are generally better off being used as apposed to sitting idle in a marina or yard. I am a prior Portland Police officer and current business owner in Oregon. The boat I rent will come back better then when I received it. We are thinking the San Juan area, or any where the weather is nice. We are prepared to fly in at almost anytime, anywhere. We are looking to rent a S/V that is close to what we want to purchase. Single handed, water maker, Air-conditioning, ect If anyone on this forum has any ideas to make this come to fruition, please let us know. Thanks much. Cunninghamtrucking76 at yahoo dot com

I will give my cell number when I hear from you.

This type of this isn’t normally available ( ie long term trans oceanic /long distance rental )

Firstly the insurance is incredibly problematic, secondly the security deposit would need to be the value of the boat. Thirdly this is a commercial charter and requires the owner to jump a pile of hoops