Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2017, 14:30   #1

Looking for fractional ownership

Just curious where would one look for a fractional ownership on a sailboat..... I currently own a McGregor 26x and while it's been a great boat and I've sailed it all over the keys id like a more traditional sailboat for summer trips of 2 weeks or so to the bahamas ....for me the McGregor has worked out great because there is no recurring fees other than maintenance which is fairly cheap..... I'm planning a trip to the exumas next year and while I've seen several owners of Macs have taken there's it does appear that a trip like this is biting off a bit much for a small trailer sailer......so it has me looking at options.... for me an (as example) catalina 30 isn't cost effective once i add in the initial cost plus storage per month so I'm trying to see if a fractional ownership is worth the time
Whgoffrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 20:41   #2

Boat: Hunter 45 CC
Re: Looking for fractional ownership

Whgoffrn
I just move to the Florida east coast and wasn't able to locate a fractional ownership management company on the east coast south of Jacksonville fl. Jacksonville and the west coast has Sailtime facilities.
Sailor_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 05:03   #3

Re: Looking for fractional ownership

Well this is a long shot but one I'll try.... possibly in the years to come someone will be searching on the internet for fractional ownership of a sailboat and stumble upon this thread.
I am looking for a co owner of a fairly seaworthy sailboat with a shoal draft that is stored on the hard in green cove or indiantown for making hops over to the bahamas and Unless someone is using their boat every weekend it just makes better financial sense to find a RESPONSIBLE person to share expenses with
The two boats I am looking at the most are an endeavor 37 and a Morgan oi41 ....leaning towards a Morgan .... from what I'm seeing most morgans can be had in relatively good shape for 40-50k (and endeavors even cheaper) and stored in indiantown is 250 per month with reasonable prices for haul in haul out (green cove is even cheaper)

I am looking for a fractional owner to share expenses with 2 other owners tops. Of course all contracts would be legal and discussions would be made to ensure both parties interests were met.

If someone stumbles upon this thread in the years to come send me an email at whgoffrn@aol.com with in large letters FRACTIONAL SAILBOAT OFFER in heading (so I don't delete it)

If you stumble upon this thread several years from it's posting and are interested still send me an email as I probably will already have one or the other of the two boats sitting in indiantown or green cove wasting away collecting dust

Whgoffrn@aol.com

Approx Costs of what I'm suggesting

Costs Morgan oi41 2 owners $20-25k with 125 month expenses. 3 owners $15k $85 per month

And even cheaper if the boat of choice is an endeavor 37 and kept at green cove
Whgoffrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ownership