Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2022, 08:40   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Mahe Evolution
Hurricane damaged Fountaine Pajot Maldives

1992 Fountaine Pajot Maldives 32', performance cruiser. Rare opportunity to purchase this sought after catamaran. In the 15 years I've owned this boat I don't recall seeing another one for sale in the USA. Light weight, fast boat yet with facilities for cooking, sleeping etc., blue water capable. Pop top gives standing headroom on the bridge deck at the galley. (galley up). For a 1992 design she looks remarkably modern.

Brand new jib, new mainsail has been hoisted maybe 10 times. 25hp Mercury EFI (rebranded Tohatsu), with electric start, tilt trim and Bay Manufacturing leg extension. Many new parts as I was planning on keeping her, she's light enough that I kept her out of the water on a boat lift.

The bad: She was flipped over 180 degrees onto the canopy frame of the adjacent boat lift, the mast was broken and bent and the boom cracked and bent. The port side was holed above the waterline as it rolled over the top of the pilings, then the seat bottoms were holed when it landed upside down on the adjacent pilings. There's another crack on deck where it rested on the boat lift motor plate. One of the wrap around plexiglass windows is broken.

The good: New net on the front. New jib and virtually new mainsail, some new electronics, she did not sink as she was upside down on top of the adjacent boat lift. The water level inside was minimal and on the ceiling of the pop top as she was inverted. The engine was not under water, but it was upside down so the oil is probably in the cylinders. No damage below the waterline, in fact I have had her craned back over and she's floating at her dock right now. Rare sought after fast light cruising boat. Easily single handed.

A relatively easy fix if you can fiberglass, I could do it and I bet the materials would be less than $400.00, but I don't want to take the time to start over. The rig is another matter, a new mast and boom would be expensive however it shouldn't be too hard to find a suitable used mast. Fixed back up she should be worth $70-80K. Clean Florida title.

$25,000. PM me with your phone number and I'll call you back. Pictures on request.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2689.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	443.4 KB
ID:	268594   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2701.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	457.0 KB
ID:	268595  

Gpryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 09:29   #2

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran
Re: Hurricane damaged Fountaine Pajot Maldives

I’ll take your bet on those material costs. Ha ha.

However, this is a pretty good deal for somebody.
Chotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 07:40   #3

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Mahe Evolution
Re: Hurricane damaged Fountaine Pajot Maldives

Boat has sold
Gpryce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fountaine pajot, hurricane, Maldives