: $349,000 USD
Location: Whangarei, NZ
We've been cruising Evenstar
full time since 2012, but it's time for us to head
back to land for a while. Our kids
up grown and off the boat
, and she's more than we need going forward.
Although I've always maintained there's no such thing as a "cruise ready" boat
because you will always have needs and wants different from the last owner, this is as close as you can get. She's ready to sail to Fiji
right now with the condition she's in, it's our plan to sail on from NZ if we don't sell her locally so she will be maintained in a state of passage-readiness until the end.
I've got a full and detailed info on my blog, here:
About Evenstar- Boat Details
There's also a ton of information about the work
I've done to her, upgrades, maintenance
, even problems and fixes out there.
She is listed with a broker
, but this is me, the owner posting
, so ask me anything. We'll bring the broker
into the loop if you want to get serious.
While the HR53 is a well known boat, here are a few things about this boat that make her special.
- Hard dodger option
- 720Ah 24V LiFePO4 house battery bank. That's 3-4 days between charges, and recharging in about 3.5 hours with 200A charge capability. (we usually run at 180A unless we're making hot water)
- Saloon layout with the comfortable seating instead of a settee (see details)
- New saloon upholstery (2020)...we're sitting on towels to protect it for you, it just came back a week ago.
- New Maggi Agua-4 100 meter anchor rode. We also re-galvanized the anchor.
- Watermaker totally refurbished last year
- New generator in 2015
- New standing rigging in 2015
- etc. etc....follow the link
Overall, she's a very well equipped world cruiser in very sound condition. She's a lot tougher than we are, and this feels like losing a member
of the family
, for all the memories we've made in her the last 14 years.
As cruisers who are very loath to swallow the anchor, we're even willing to spend some time showing you how everything works if you buy her before NZ wants to kick us out.
If you're ready to jump up to the islands from New Zealand
, this boat is ready for you. If you have kids
or teens, she's perfect.
Size: 33.9 KB
ID: 210846" style="margin: 2px" />