Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2018, 19:08   #1

Boat: Cooper 416
Cooper 415 Pilothouse

Safe and seaworthy the Canadian built Cooper 415 is capable of taking you and your family anywhere on the planet. Fully equipped and ready to sail away, this comfortable 42ft blue water cruiser is located in beautiful San Carlos, Mexico on the Sea of Cortez. An easy drive from Tucson Arizona the boat has assumable marina moorage and off-season dry storage. A well maintained example of this world cruiser she has been recently re-fitted including new sails, new standing and running rigging, new Garmin GPS plotter and Sonar, Solar panels and controller, spacious refrigerator and a new Jabsco electric head. Her Perkins 50Hp Engine was re-build in 2016 and has only 300 hours on the meter. She is well equipped with Foruno radar Lowrance windex, hydraulic steering, autopilot, Honda generator, BBQ., and benefits from hot and cold pressurized water. She can be sailed from either an outside or an inside wheel station. She has comfortable sleeping for 7 adults. Accommodation includes two main sleeping cabins, a spacious main salon with dinette seating, a large bathroom with shower and tub and an efficient oceangoing galley. Also includes: 11ft Inflatable dinghy with recent Honda 4stroke outboard, offshore life jackets and safety harnesses. Registered in Delaware, USA she also has all the necessary paperwork insurance and importation documents for Mexico.

Owner is re-locating to Europe.

Asking price: $59,000 US
welsbysfu@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_55.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	418.8 KB
ID:	172798   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_6f.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	172799  

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5e.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	425.4 KB
ID:	172800   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00566.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	411.5 KB
ID:	172801  

Name:	fullsizeoutput_7e.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	424.2 KB
ID:	172802   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_6d.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	172803  

Welschrisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2020, 11:45   #2

Re: Cooper 415 Pilothouse

Would anyone interested in buying my Cooper 416 for $32K as she is quick cash needed please contact me by e mail.

welsbysfu@gmail.com

This is far to cumbersome
Old 17-02-2020, 13:25   #3

https://sailboatdata.com/listing/coo...house-sailboat
Moken1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 07:45   #4

Your first mistake is trying to sell it while it's in San Carlos.
Pagan Ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 08:37   #5

Boat: Tayana 37 PH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan Ways View Post
With all due respect....
Mistake is pointing on the seller mistake without offering a feasible solution.
Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 08:52   #6

Quote:
Point taken...and my second mistake would be....?
Old 21-02-2020, 09:25   #7

Good point!

San Carlos has been written up on the net and in numerous publications for being able to buy boats for 10cents on the dollar.

It's not an easy place to get to for someone coming from afar, also not cheap.

Most boats there on the hard long term, are in poor condition. I know your boat and it was still in good condition the last time I saw it.

In my opinion, any boat under $50k doesn't need to be listed on Yachtworld and therefore no need for a broker. Save yourself 10% and reduce the price. You will have to actively promote your own vessel as you are doing, but add a YouTube video and as many internet sites as you can find. Craigslist works very well, but be prepared to identify scammers quickly.

If your not available to show your boat, the marina can usually provide or recommend a responsible trustworthy person to open and show your boat in your absence. You can pay for this service.

If you can splash your boat once a year and prove that it is indeed a cruising vessel. Doing this will greatly increase the value.

Failing to do the above, then move your boat to an active market.

If you want to use a broker, then research the broker. Have they even ever owned a boat (not their husbands), do they even know how to operate a boat or like boating. Is the broker free with opinion and short on facts; BS baffles brains. Is the broker even in legal to work in Mexico, as one lie is a clue to many.
A yacht brokers license is only required in two or three states in the US and is not required in Mexico. A broker bragging about having a useless license should be your first clue to a fraud. Lazy brokers will only show boats on their schedule and will not accommodate a client that has made the trek to San Carlos or some other Mexican location. La Paz, Mazatlan, PV, Cancun are all much easier and cheaper to fly in to, as well known for a higher quality of vessels. People bring their boats to San Carlos because it has cheap seca storage and marinas.

All financial transactions are completed by any reputable US document company and not your broker in Mexico. If there is a TIP issue, that is also handled by a lawyer dealing with multiple or problem TIP's.

Never accept cash for a foreign vessel transaction in Mexico, it's illegal. Use a document company. I used Callie VanNess in Washington, but there are dozens around the country.
Pagan Ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 09:35   #8

Quote:
Good point!

San Carlos has been written up on the net and in numerous publications for being able to buy boats for 10cents on the dollar.

It's not an easy place to get to for someone coming from afar, also not cheap.

Most boats there on the hard long term, are in poor condition. I know your boat and it was still in good condition the last time I saw it.

In my opinion, any boat under $50k doesn't need to be listed on Yachtworld and therefore no need for a broker. Save yourself 10% and reduce the price. You will have to actively promote your own vessel as you are doing, but add a YouTube video and as many internet sites as you can find. Craigslist works very well, but be prepared to identify scammers quickly.

If your not available to show your boat, the marina can usually provide or recommend a responsible trustworthy person to open and show your boat in your absence. You can pay for this service.

If you can splash your boat once a year and prove that it is indeed a cruising vessel. Doing this will greatly increase the value.

Failing to do the above, then move your boat to an active market.

If you want to use a broker, then research the broker. Have they even ever owned a boat (not their husbands), do they even know how to operate a boat or like boating. Is the broker free with opinion and short on facts; BS baffles brains. Is the broker even in legal to work in Mexico, as one lie is a clue to many.
A yacht brokers license is only required in two or three states in the US and is not required in Mexico. A broker bragging about having a useless license should be your first clue to a fraud. Lazy brokers will only show boats on their schedule and will not accommodate a client that has made the trek to San Carlos or some other Mexican location. La Paz, Mazatlan, PV, Cancun are all much easier and cheaper to fly in to, as well known for a higher quality of vessels. People bring their boats to San Carlos because it has cheap seca storage and marinas.

All financial transactions are completed by any reputable US document company and not your broker in Mexico. If there is a TIP issue, that is also handled by a lawyer dealing with multiple or problem TIP's.

Never accept cash for a foreign vessel transaction in Mexico, it's illegal. Use a document company. I used Callie VanNess in Washington, but there are dozens around the country.
Thank you for this good advice. I have had a flood of enquiries since I dropped the price (I should flippin' well hope so!) and there is an offer pending, but if everything goes pear shaped I will indeed be taking your advice

Tags
cooper