Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-10-2021, 14:07   #16

Boat: 1982 Irwin 46 Ketch - Reduced Rig & Shoal Draft
Re: Boat for a living

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Having sailed in both , I’d say in general the Caribbean is considerably more expensive for boaters then the med, especially eastern med.

There are very few “ rules “ to be followed in the med.
No thanks.
Sailing August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 16:44   #17

Dear Maxim,
Welcome aboard and good luck, if you're both nice and genuine, honest people then with a lot of luck you may succeed. You're obviously trying to make your own luck happen and that's a huge help.
Unfortunately I'm old now and the world is not what it was 60 years ago when I first learned how to sail in Scotland but that is the same the world over.
Very good luck and if you are ever in Eastern Ontario, Canada please get in touch at niall1.leslie@gmail.com
Niall leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 20:33   #18

Boat: Try to own Albin Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Hi Maxim and welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailing August View Post
Hi Maxim
Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
It’s possible to buy a wreck of a boat
Hey! I really want to be in the Caribbean, but now I'm afraid. I would like to see the whole world (probably like everyone else here), but experience and training are needed. I am ready to buy a boat that needs repair, the main thing is that it does not sink in a day =)
SayariTatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 21:05   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventide View Post
There is a very nice Russian woman who now lives in St. Petersburg, Russia, I believe, and she has about a 40' sailboat that is for sale (I think) in the Caribbean.
Good Luck.
Many thanks! I will definitely write to her. 40 feet is a lot, but maybe she can help with information.
Old 26-10-2021, 21:14   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall leslie View Post
Dear Maxim,
Welcome aboard and good luck, if you're both nice and genuine, honest people then with a lot of luck you may succeed. You're obviously trying to make your own luck happen and that's a huge help.
Unfortunately I'm old now and the world is not what it was 60 years ago when I first learned how to sail in Scotland but that is the same the world over.
Very good luck and if you are ever in Eastern Ontario, Canada please get in touch at niall1.leslie@gmail.com
Hello! We believe that everything will happen if you really want and try =). I wrote down your mail. As soon as we touch the sea water, we will definitely write to you! Thanks for the support.
Old 26-10-2021, 21:36   #21

Boat: Volkscruiser

Maxim how about UK Gumtree for a bargain? I found this Winga that seems cheap. Plenty of small cheap yachts on there.
Cheers
https://www.gumtree.com/p/boats/winga-yacht-/1417568150
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 21:43   #22

Maxim here is your Albin Vega, I knew there would be a cheap one around. I surveyed one recently and was not that impressed by it. Mainly the interior volume and build quality was not that great.
Cheers
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165149637...QAAOSwk3Zhd8Nb
Old 27-10-2021, 03:24   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore and Aft View Post
Maxim here is your Albin Vega, I knew there would be a cheap one around. I surveyed one recently and was not that impressed by it. Mainly the interior volume and build quality was not that great.
Cheers
Looks rather nice and I like the detailed description about work done / to be done. Owner seems friendly, maybe he would be prepared to assist with advice etc.?

On the other hand, once you bought such a boot, you are responsible for it. Obvious of course, but don't underestimate what this means! You need to pay for storage, the boat always needs a place (mooring, anchor, marina) and you need to live somewhere nearby while working on the boat; a flag is needed, some papers. -- If there is a (legal) problem you pay a fine, or, I suppose, the boat will be chained? -- Regarding traveling I don't know, but how would you travel on from the countries you mentioned? -- At least in the UK the weather is lousy sometimes and what do you do then in such a small boat? In the Mediterranean in the winter it can sometimes blow like crazy.

All this (and more) not to derail your goal/dream! Hope also, that the Russian women with the boat and other Russion sailors can tell about "the legal stuff" and their experiences.
250224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2021, 21:04   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore and Aft View Post
Maxim here is your Albin Vega
Hey! I am trying to contact the seller, thanks!
Old 27-10-2021, 21:11   #25

Unhappy Re: Boat for a living

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3534 View Post
Looks rather nice and I like the detailed description about work done / to be done. Owner seems friendly, maybe he would be prepared to assist with advice etc.?
Hello. Accommodation is a big challenge, during the renovation, I would like to live in a boat. Leaving England in winter is very scary. But I can't live there in a boat. Probably we will wait for spring and Sweden =(
Old 28-10-2021, 07:23   #26

I came to the conclusion that the boat will have to be bought in Sweden, Norway or the Danish kingdom. We are going to cross the Atlantic to Gibraltar. Scary, no worse than a trucker in the mountains of Siberia. Many thanks to everyone who answered. We are waiting for spring, learning English. Now the question is open and if the same boat appears, I hope you will inform =)
Old 28-10-2021, 10:10   #27

Boat: close to buying
Send a message via Yahoo to mark n brown Send a message via Skype™ to mark n brown

my name is mark and my wife is em we have the same dream ---- I am older but closer---1 year delay because of covid---we need to talk---my wifes email is best---emgabato@yahoo.com---mark
mark n brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2021, 13:28   #28

Maxim surely there must be a neglected Albin Vega in one of those countries. Let us know how you get on with finding the dream boat.
Cheers
Old 28-10-2021, 18:17   #29
Marine Service Provider

HI Maxim, I wish you all the luck in the world. Try this website. With your limited recourses you might find a potentially good boat that, with your skills, could be fixed up to the point where it will work for you.

"Boats For Sale By Owner FSBO"

n
jmschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:44   #30

Hi Maxim. There is one currently listed on ebay UK current bid £2,000:

hezmondo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat