Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-01-2018, 08:20   #1

Boat: Sabre 34
Any good deals on a 34-38' on US East Coast?

I have been looking at some Morgan 382's, Bristol 38.8's, came across a Sabre 34 that I sort of liked. Have a budget between $20-45K and to be frank - looking for a good deal. Whats new, right?

Any good boats out there on East coast? Something that I can manage single handed, and can some day cross the pond?
Alex_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 08:31   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Any good deals on a 34-38' on US East Coast?

Make sure you subscribe to this thread to see noteworthy boats that are for sale and Less Than $30K.

Myself and others frequently post notices and links to noteworthy boats in that thread, some for sale by FSBO and others by brokers, etc. If you subscribe to the thread, you will be automatically notified when someone posts another boat to the thread. Some great deals go very quickly.

Hope that helps.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ds-147098.html
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 09:59   #3

Used sailboats Webtrader put in state
Hullboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 10:20   #4
rbk

Boat: T37

Also check craigslist or similar as well get down to the docks and walk them. Talk to any owners you see and if the HM allows it post a flyer with your criteria and contact info. The boat you’re looking for might not yet be for sale. Chat with the Hm as they may have a boat in arrears or seized they want to get rid of.
rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 08:54   #5

Boat: Boatless

A little over your budget but I’ll make ya a deal, delivery in late May anywhere on the East Coast ;-)

1994 Hunter Legend sailboat for sale in Florida

"Take it all in, it's as big as it seems, count all your blessings, remember your dreams" JB
akprb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 10:12   #6

1982 Sabre 34. Located on the hard in Stamford, CT Mast down to inspect rigging, etc.
I'm in FL. Expect to put on the market when I return to CT in April.
Planning to ask $30K but very negotiable.
Can send pix if interested.
Bruce
brucep2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 11:16   #7

Boat: Morgan OI Ketch 36'
Send a message via Skype™ to Mazu

I have a 36' Morgan ketch about 95% through a complete overhaul. New deck and topside paint, all deck hardware removed and rebedded with Buytl. 12 new Beckson ports, new standing rigging, new UK sails, new interior hull liner, new bamboo flooring, new lighting interior, exterior and mast, new 140w solar panel, new Rutland 914i wind generator on mizzen, radar, water maker, new propane stove and locker, all mast wiring and lighting replaced including mast top tri nav. Engine and trans rebuilt with zero hours, new prop shaft, cutlasses bearing and stuffing box, rudder removed and reconditioned, 2 new battery monitors, 4 new golf cart 220a golf cart house batteries, 1 new marine group 26 starting battery, new interior cushions (finishing the last 2 this weekend), interior new paint and varnish, custom salon and aft cabin wall cabinets, both heads rebuilt with new hand pumps, new bilge pump and control switch, hydraulic steering pump rebuilt, 5 anchors...2 on bow with electric windlass, ham radio with tuner, am/fM/cd with usb, countertops in galley, and both heads refinished, oil lamps, new ship clock, barometer, new anti skid, custom teak folding swim platform on transom, new PEX water lines with brass shark bite fittings, new water and macerator pumps, new control panel on rattan SS water heater, 2 new solar vents in heads......the list goes on.
Being transferred overseas for my job. All new equipment above has zero hours. Structural survey in 2015 shows absolutely no defects in the boat. Structural survey and valuation redone with work in process in October 2017 llists the boat in Well Above Average Condition for a 44 year Old Boat" and values it in its incomplete state at $35,000. This boat needs minor finishing: mast wiring connected, water lines connected to pump, engine connections, engine alignment when placed in the water, steering filled and bled. New owner may want to consider replacing the steel fuel tank. Tank is easily removed and a 50 gal poly direct replacement is around $350.00. I am finishing the cushions then will list for sale. I hate to do this....2 summers and about 30k invested in upgrades and materials but have to go where the job sends me. Boat is located in Branford CT and can be moved by Bruce Fary Trucking along the east coast for around 2k. Contact if interested.
Mazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 12:29   #8

Sure, how about Robinhood's Scanmar 33 on yacht world
Mr.Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 14:19   #9

Boat: Island Packet 420

Check out www.grabbagsailboats.com- not far from Annapolis. They specialize in sailboats in that price range.
sailing_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 18:04   #10

Boat: Pearson 365, 36'6", Liliana
Send a message via Skype™ to jlincoln04078

Still looking? Our Pearson 365 is fully loaded, in very good condition both mechanically and cosmetically and is located in the Abacos, Bahamas. We will need to sell her sometime soon as we are nearing our 80s. A wonderful boat for a single hander - ketch rigged and built when boats were meant to last forever. Many have crossed the Atlantic and many have been around the world. I'd be happy to share more information if she may be of interest to you.
jlincoln04078@yahoo.com
s/v LILIANA
jlincoln04078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 08:27   #11

Boat: Pearson 365 Ketch

I have a Pearson 365 in Vero Beach Fl at the Loggerhead / Grand Harbor Marina great shape and ready to cruise. New Beta 38 Engine and transmission less than 200 hours,rebuilt V-drive, new shaft with dripless shaft seal. Extra high output alternator readfy to instali, BlueSea 7521 25A Battery Charger New 2016.

Newer 50 gal Aluminum fuel tank.
150 Gal fresh water capacity

New rigging and life lines. Hull resently professionally painted with AWL Grip, epoxy bottom. Newer dodger and bimini, with removalble full enclosure with Strata Glass windows. Mack Pack sail storage system for main and mizzed with self furling genoa. Brand new full batten mizzen, Shore Main and North Nor-lam Genoa in good shape very limited use.

Custom extended anchor platform,custom traveller system, newer Whitlock Cobra rack and pinion steering system including pedestal, engine controls and 30" wheel. Windless - Lofrans Tigres

Custom teak interior with additional built in cabinets and table, new Adler Barbour cold machine refigeration, new upholstery.

Ready to sell due to heath issues. Pictures and more information available email RichardLwalls@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WS 38 Night Crossing.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	162577   Click image for larger version

Name:	WS 3.5 bow.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	409.2 KB
ID:	162578  

Richard Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 09:51   #12

Boat: Pearson 365 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_V View Post
I have been looking at some Morgan 382's, Bristol 38.8's, came across a Sabre 34 that I sort of liked. Have a budget between $20-45K and to be frank - looking for a good deal. Whats new, right?

Any good boats out there on East coast? Something that I can manage single handed, and can some day cross the pond?
Are you in Florida or futher north on tyhe east coast, I am in Vero Beach and an excellent Pearson 365 that I am thinking of selling. Can send full details and photos if interested.
Richard Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 15:50   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by akprb View Post
A little over your budget but I’ll make ya a deal, delivery in late May anywhere on the East Coast ;-)

1994 Hunter Legend sailboat for sale in Florida

Thats way over my budget, but thanks for offering.
Old 21-01-2018, 15:51   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep2100 View Post
1982 Sabre 34. Located on the hard in Stamford, CT Mast down to inspect rigging, etc.
I'm in FL. Expect to put on the market when I return to CT in April.
Planning to ask $30K but very negotiable.
Can send pix if interested.
Bruce
Depends on the "very" part. I do like those boats.
Old 21-01-2018, 15:54   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazu View Post
I have a 36' Morgan ketch about 95% through a complete overhaul. New deck and topside paint, all deck hardware removed and rebedded with Buytl. 12 new Beckson ports, new standing rigging, new UK sails, new interior hull liner, new bamboo flooring, new lighting interior, exterior and mast, new 140w solar panel, new Rutland 914i wind generator on mizzen, radar, water maker, new propane stove and locker, all mast wiring and lighting replaced including mast top tri nav. Engine and trans rebuilt with zero hours, new prop shaft, cutlasses bearing and stuffing box, rudder removed and reconditioned, 2 new battery monitors, 4 new golf cart 220a golf cart house batteries, 1 new marine group 26 starting battery, new interior cushions (finishing the last 2 this weekend), interior new paint and varnish, custom salon and aft cabin wall cabinets, both heads rebuilt with new hand pumps, new bilge pump and control switch, hydraulic steering pump rebuilt, 5 anchors...2 on bow with electric windlass, ham radio with tuner, am/fM/cd with usb, countertops in galley, and both heads refinished, oil lamps, new ship clock, barometer, new anti skid, custom teak folding swim platform on transom, new PEX water lines with brass shark bite fittings, new water and macerator pumps, new control panel on rattan SS water heater, 2 new solar vents in heads......the list goes on.
Being transferred overseas for my job. All new equipment above has zero hours. Structural survey in 2015 shows absolutely no defects in the boat. Structural survey and valuation redone with work in process in October 2017 llists the boat in Well Above Average Condition for a 44 year Old Boat" and values it in its incomplete state at $35,000. This boat needs minor finishing: mast wiring connected, water lines connected to pump, engine connections, engine alignment when placed in the water, steering filled and bled. New owner may want to consider replacing the steel fuel tank. Tank is easily removed and a 50 gal poly direct replacement is around $350.00. I am finishing the cushions then will list for sale. I hate to do this....2 summers and about 30k invested in upgrades and materials but have to go where the job sends me. Boat is located in Branford CT and can be moved by Bruce Fary Trucking along the east coast for around 2k. Contact if interested.
I am leaning away from getting a ketch. But sounds like a greatly restored boat.

Tags
east coast