Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2021, 08:10   #1

Boat: Allied Seawind II
Allied Seawind II

Looking for an Allied Seawind II. Preferably FL, NC, SC, GA.
Old 24-08-2021, 09:18   #2

Boat: Allied Seawind II, 32' ketch
Re: Allied Seawind II

See Allied Seawind Boats and Owners for current Seawinds for sale.

Also see Allied Seawind Owner's Association for more info on Seawinds.

Great boats, I've put 30k offshore miles on mine so far.
Old 24-08-2021, 10:54   #3

Thank you.

It seems the Owner's page for sale may be old and may be out of date?

I haven't received responses from #56 Pe Ahi in Satellite/Cocoa Beach, I have been trying to get ahold of for several weeks. The listing price had gone down to $12.5k or "any reasonable offers" and now is up at $25k. I called one of the brokers who was listing and he said he needs to delist because the owner is unresponsive.

I also have found a few on YachtBroker as well and just drove cross county to look at #37 near Destin, FL that I was promised "ready to sail around the world" with no issues. Turns out it has been listed sitting since at least Jan 2020 at least with high water in the forward bilge, rotted away mast compression post, deck fitting leaks, deck core rot and peeling coat, over 2inches of marine growth, and other issues -- had some really nice things for sure but major project asking $33k.. shame. Explains why they delayed getting more pictures and then were poor resolution. Says the owner will never return and is done and motivated but won't really budge on price and when I mentioned just of couple of the issues I just got an upsell to have repairs done with the broker instead of acknowledgement. Wonder if the owner knows it is falling apart on the dock.

I see that #121 was dropped to at least $29k in listing before sold. The listing looked great boat completely stocked and updated! And mentioned the usual problem areas as being good.

I found another in Savannah, #77 "Tine-Too" listed in every Craiglist for the surrounding states. After a few weeks of no response, I got a hold of someone and when I asked a couple question was given another number and told to get in touch with the owner. No response yet.

A couple up in Maine on YachtBroker. Maybe too far right now. The blue hull one I was told had deck rot and was a big project. The one that was on Captain-Q YT series I have not contacted.

Ah the joys of boat shopping.
Old 24-08-2021, 11:30   #4

Boat: Allied Seawind II, 32' ketch

I run the Seawind site and unfortunately am often not informed when a boat sells, so the listing doesn't get removed.

We do have a mailing list.To subscribe, send a blank email to alliedseawind+subscribe@groups.io and respond to the confirmation emails. After signing up you can post to it by sending your message to alliedseawind@groups.io .
Old 24-08-2021, 11:34   #5

Great! I understand completely.

I will join up. I look forward to contributing!
Old 18-09-2021, 05:57   #6

Boat: Scout 30

Don't know if you're familiar with the Sailing Project Atticus youtube videos. They've been cruising an Allied Seawind for 6 years & have extensively upgraded the boat including installing a Beta Marine diesel & a brand new water maker. It's now for sale and, although it's in Panama, might be your best option because you have a video log of everything they have done to the boat & what it needs.
Old 18-09-2021, 07:10   #7

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout 30 View Post
Don't know if you're familiar with the Sailing Project Atticus youtube videos. They've been cruising an Allied Seawind for 6 years & have extensively upgraded the boat including installing a Beta Marine diesel & a brand new water maker. It's now for sale and, although it's in Panama, might be your best option because you have a video log of everything they have done to the boat & what it needs.

But…..that is a significantly smaller boat than the seawind II.
Closed Thread

Tags
allied, Seawind, wind