Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-12-2016, 20:17   #31

Boat: Shopping
Re: 30ish ft shallow draft in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSMFP View Post
This round of boat buying for us has been interesting to say the least. It's pretty normal for boats to be totally misrepresented on Yacht World and sailboat listings. Or drive 200 miles to find the boat pictured in the ad is the same model but different pictures. The broker lied to us in that case. I asked why are the cushions different colors? Uhhhhh. Different boat. See ya.

We were able to scrape together a little more cash and found a awesome boat for the money. There is an unlimited amount of inventory as people age out of sailing in Florida. The key is finding something that's still being maintained. Much of what we looked at was already beyond the point of no return.
This sounds just like the general aviation market that I am familiar with. Lots and lots of stuff just sitting and dying.
Gatorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016, 06:59   #32

Boat: Scout 30

This was a good example of the right way to buy a boat in Florida by prioritizing shoal draft & good condition at a reasonable price. The wise buyer knows that low balling a seller that's taken pride in his boat is not the way to close a deal & looking for the cheapest boat out there is fools gold.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 14:02   #33

Boat: 1984 Hunter 34

Greetings! I have a 1984 Hunter 34 that draws 4'6. She is in Miami and I just am not sure what I want to do with her. Selling her is on the list of choices, though. Please read my post titled "Oh, what to do next ..." here on this forum. If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks, Good Luck, and Great Sailing!
42PalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:23   #34

Hey mate, I have a 28ft Dehler Duetta that i just sailed to the Caribbean from Cape Verde. I'm looking to sell her and could do you around $20000. I don't know if it's smaller than you are after but if you are keen I may be able to get her up to Florida for you or somewhere close. Anyways, if you are interested send me a reply and I can give you more details. Hope to chat to you.
luremusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
draft, florida, shallow draft