Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2018, 21:15   #1

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy 41
30-40ft coastal cruiser, US mid-atlantic $15-30,000

Yes, I'm starting two threads for boats we want to buy - the problem is that we can really go in two directions right now in terms of cost/size, and we want to explore both options.

The long term plan is a "sail around the world" boat. This thread is not about the search for that boat.

Rather, this thread is about the search for the "next 3-5 year" boat.

We're located on the Chesapeake, and that is where we will do the vast majority of our sailing over the next 5-6 years. We may take a trip to Long Island and/or New England; we may make a run to Bermuda, but that's about it. And if the boat we buy now can't do those "off-shore" trips, we just won't do them. In other words, we're really buying a boat for the bay.

Reasonable sailing performance is important - we're not going to race, but we like our boat to actually move when the wind blows.

We would also really like to have at least two separate cabins in which two adults can sleep.

In an ideal world, the boat will have air conditioning already installed (We actually like to sleep on our boat in July and August - and while you might be able to do that in a boat without A/C, we cannot). If it doesn't, I will be installing it and factoring that cost into the price (I'll likely install it myself, so only hardware costs, not labor).

Finally, and most importantly: we don't mind old boats, and all that goes with that, there's not much about engine repair/maintenance, or electronics repair/replacement, or rigging maintenance/replacement, etc that scare me - except for one thing: wet and/or delaminated decks and/or significant water damage to the interior are a no go.

So - do you have something you want to sell me? Or a suggested listing I should go see?
mogulskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:36   #2

Boat: Vancouver 25
Re: 30-40ft coastal cruiser, US mid-atlantic $15-30,000

How about a Vancouver 25? LOA is 29' and capable coastal cruising or making a trip around the world. At least one has made the trip from CA to New Zealand with no problems. My boat is in like new condition with almost everything on board either new or rebuilt. Truck it to your location or take a couple of months off and sail it back. I've made the from the east coast to Texas several times and it is a lot of fun.

My last boat was a Vancouver 27 (built in the UK) and I single handed it for 7 months between FL and TX. Boat was sold (big mistake) in TX and trucked back to the east coast.

https://corpuschristi.craigslist.org...627487862.html

Bob
361-960-9139
bobmcreynold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:55   #3

Boat: Bristol 27
Re: 30-40ft coastal cruiser, US mid-atlantic $15-30,000

In Norfolk, VA

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/boa/d...609616358.html

Pictures/story of another Luders 30:

https://erim.net/my-cheoy-lee-luders-30/
thomm225 is online now   Reply With Quote