Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2016, 10:21   #1

Boat: Boereal 44
2013 Boreal 44 for sale

2013 Boreal 44 up for sale. Grand Kids need our love.

Ready to go anywhere.

Location Deltaville Virginia. November 20 Annapolis on the hard.

A serious boat for the serious sailor.

RC Louise | unvarnished our blog for many pictures.

PM us if you are serious.

Steve and Tracy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	canary.jpg
Views:	2868
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	135953   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1136.jpg
Views:	5173
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	135954  

stevewrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:52   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: 2013 Boreal 44 for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewrye View Post
2013 Boreal 44 up for sale. Grand Kids need our love.

Ready to go anywhere.

Location Deltaville Virginia. November 20 Annapolis on the hard.

A serious boat for the serious sailor.

RC Louise | unvarnished our blog for many pictures.

PM us if you are serious.

Steve and Tracy
One of my Dream Boats!

Sure wish I could take her and give her lots of love. She looks so cool when in the water or even when sitting on the hard in a tidal mud flat. Cool boat!
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:04   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

No price?
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:27   #4

Is it priceless?
olaf hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 14:34   #5

$ 585,000 USA
Old 13-11-2016, 11:36   #6

Boat: Freedom 25

The conversation ends quickly!!!
HarvOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 22:52   #7

Boat: Nauta 54' by Scott Kaufman/S&S - 1989

It is pointless to ask the price of an almost new boat, possibly with costly add ons..

I think grand kids should respect a passion!

They have 80+years ahead, you two, alas.., a bit less
Of course, memories related to grand parents are the sweetest ones, yet I'd feel contrasted, or guilty, by knowing that my beloved sold their late years dream 'cause of me.. no way.

As a faraway split / divorced father l spent little time w my children, however boat is now providing a meeting playground far larger than expected :-)
TheThunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2016, 07:47   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThunderbird View Post
It is pointless to ask the price of an almost new boat, possibly with costly add ons..

I think grand kids should respect a passion!

They have 80+years ahead, you two, alas.., a bit less
Of course, memories related to grand parents are the sweetest ones, yet I'd feel contrasted, or guilty, by knowing that my beloved sold their late years dream 'cause of me.. no way.

As a faraway split / divorced father l spent little time w my children, however boat is now providing a meeting playground far larger than expected :-)
I hear you Thunderbird, It is always a risk to put an ad on a site like this as there are folks who do not understand the boat market.

The grand kids we only see once a year because we are sailing everywhere. They came to the boat in the San Blas Islands and had a ball. But they really want us to be a part of their life like never before. We have serious sailed for about 45 years, my wife just completed cancer treatments< I'm getting old, beging to feel like it anyway. Time to do some serious visits to the ranch, flyfish and hang out the the grand kids.

Cheers

Steve.
Old 14-11-2016, 08:31   #9

Boat: Nauta 54' by Scott Kaufman/S&S - 1989

Steve, you two had a great life, but it seems the best is still to come!

Great to hear of being "part" of their life, and not just a week-end solace.

God bless you all, and keep my invitation to the Med for serious, anytime (i've no grand kids yet)

:-) gian

PS .. it's sure that even the deaf ones can hear TheThunderbird ahahah :-)
TheThunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2016, 09:02   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThunderbird View Post

Except that Forum rules require it for an Ad.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 17:44   #11

It would be good if you could provide more information on your boat. I went to your website and spent lots of time digging around but couldn't find much. Maybe I missed a link on your website. It's hard to know if one is serious without having some clear information to go on.

What's the price of a new boat? The Euro is approaching parity with the US dollar, so it may be possible to get a new one for about the same as your asking price, possibly a bit less -- but of course it wouldn't be filled with gear, which is a big cost (one assumes that you plan to include everything aboard in the sale).
Lantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 18:02   #12

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantau View Post
It would be good if you could provide more information on your boat. I went to your website and spent lots of time digging around but couldn't find much. Maybe I missed a link on your website. It's hard to know if one is serious without having some clear information to go on.

What's the price of a new boat? The Euro is approaching parity with the US dollar, so it may be possible to get a new one for about the same as your asking price, possibly a bit less -- but of course it wouldn't be filled with gear, which is a big cost (one assumes that you plan to include everything aboard in the sale).
As you say it wouldn't be filled with gear. You also would need to wait probably over a year to get one out of the factory. I was onboard a few years ago when she was in Shelter Bay, Panama. Truly great laid out yacht. I really like the small pilot house that you can close off and heat.
Old 17-11-2016, 18:56   #13

Boat: Valiant 40

Absolutely fascinating boat, after researching it, with somewhat spookily all the features I would be looking for in my next boat. The nav station tucked inside the "dodger" is brilliant, not to mention the grand tackle solution.

If I had that kind of money, I'd be calling you. I suspect she's a respectable value at that price. Best of luck selling her an in moving ashore.
Suijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 02:42   #14

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewrye View Post
$ 585,000 USA
Can I make a suggestion Steve? In my opinion you should also post the price your boat costed you with all equipment that it has. Many times people don't understand the huge difference in price between a boat out of the factory as it is equipped and a full equipped boat for a circumnavigation and for those what you ask may seem exaggerated.

I believe that would help to add perspective and to show what a sailor is saving buying your boat instead of a new one.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 06:15   #15

Thanks all for your advise. When I put our Boreal up for sale here on Cruisers forum I was not sure it was the right place to do so but believe it or not we have had 4 to 5 serious emails on her from all over the world. So thanks cruisers forum! We really have not gone on to our full advertising yet which will be done on Attainable Adventure Cruising where there are many sailors who do the same serious cruising as we have done.

Today we talked with our consultant who helped us build our Boreal. He thinks the selling price we asked is too low. If you put a new order in for a Boreal they are out to 2020 now that's back ordered. That is a long wait and with Boreal having orders now for a 68 footer that means even longer waits for your boat new. So for someone who wants a Boreal one of the most in demand boats in the world today. Buying the only used Boreal at our price on the market is a pretty good deal if you want to go to the Antartic this year or the next year or the next year after that.

Even with the Euro at near the same price as the USA dollar it is still a great price for the Europen sailor to buy because as long as they don't plan on bringing the boat back to Europe they do not have to pay the VAT which is 21.5 % of coast of boat. The boat has everything on it to go to the high lats except 2 spools of 3/4 inch poly rope on the stern. The boat has well over 100 K in extras and a base price for a new Boreal is somewhere near 600 K USA without any of the gear.

If you are interested I have the complete spec list and complete spare part list just PM me your email address and I will send that to you. Please be serious though about buying the boat. You would not believe the amazing stuff we have on board that comes with the sale of the boat. Everything comes with the sale except our personal clothing. I will even spend a week or two aboard getting new owner familiar with boat who buys it.

Thanks again for your advise.

Cheers

Steve and Tracy
S.V. RC LOUISE

Tags
for sale, sale