Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2019, 09:57   #1
Marine Service Provider

2012 Leopard 39 or 2013 Leopard 44 - Hurricane Damaged

Preface:

These yachts are located in Antigua.

If my house does not sell soon, I need to sell one of these boats so I have a chance of sailing this winter. Hopefully my house will sell soon and I can remove the listings.

If you have money and are serious, please send me a message with a further inquiry.

2012 Leopard 39 - $55k USD

3 Cabin/2 head (electric)
Yanmar 3YM30 with SD20

It is a good project and hulls are good and overall no major 'structural' damage or cracking, but will require a fair amount of work. Catamaran was flipped upside down during the storm.

As a result there is damage to the roof, such that the ceiling height has reduced to about 5'10" in the main saloon and there is some damage to the sliding door frame. The door itself is missing. There is also damage to the corner cabinetry in the kitchen aft. Needs a new fridge. Berths including owners sliding door are in good condition. Some varnish work to be done in a few areas.

There is also a part of one bow that is missing where the watertight compartment is. There is also some damage to the other bow, and a some along the sides. Some tabbing on the inside. Some crackind around one crossbeam mount. Overall, there is fair-moderate fibreglass damages but all very repairable. Also needs a few windows, and most hatches. Currently the deck of the catamaran needs to be cleaned of some barnacles, but the rest of the boat is clean. Rubrail is still currently intact.

Vessel has one rotating engine and two good sail drives. Saildrives will require new diaphrams, and there is only one propeller. The good engine needs freshwater water pump installed and needs new starter, alternator etc. Also included are two more parts engines, one of which I believe should rotate as well, once attempted. Also included is one rudder, and I believe there is another post as well too which is damaged at the bottom which could be rebuilt if you needed a temporary/or longer possibly rudder. Keels are in good condition. No winches. No GPS, VHF, instruments, engine start panels, or interior water pumps. The throttle lever control will have to be replaced.

The main electrical panels are intact but water damaged. Some of the wiring is usable, but some will need to be replaced, special consideration to 120v, but a duplicate panel could "bolt in" for the panel above the fridge new fusable links can be purchased for the lower panel.

Hartop is intact and in place, but damaged. There is no 'helm cover' though, and the helm seat itself is missing, but the seat posts and railings are there. Included is also a dinghy davit, but no hardtop posts (that the dinghy davits mounts too). Pretty well most stainless stantions are missing, but there are some good cletes and damaged bow seats and pushpits. All the interior ceiling vinyl panels are present to take patterns from and some could be reused.

Included is a full length mast which has an extra spice 4ft up from the base. There is some corrosion on the mast and boom but very usable. Has spreaders. Needs to be completed and rigged, some cables are included. Included is a mainsail in very good condition. I think there is a lazy bag.

New crossbeam is needed. A good one and/or repairable may be available - not sure yet. New trampoline is needed.

Currently, there is another boat available to rake a roof and bow mold from.

I also have mattress' and saloon cushions from a another different boat we could negotiate, as well as some smaller items.

Some Photos of the 39:

2013 Leopard 44 - $210k USD

4 cabin/4 head (electric)
Yanmar 3JH5E with SD50

Damaged in the storm, took on some water on the port side to the floorboards - almost everything is now repaired. Just needs about $20-30k in parts/labour to finish her off. (including: final gelcoat, trampoline, couple water pumps, gps, couple engine gauges, one engine and rudder need reinstalling, the new supplied crossbeam installed, halyards, vhf, fridge thermostat, 2 fixed acrylic hull windows)

Excellent mast and standing rigging included.

Boat is further along than the photos.

Photos of the 44:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190320-WA0009.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	198014   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190320-WA0007.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	198015  

SV Tender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 12:18   #2

Re: 2012 Leopard 39 or 2013 Leopard 44 - Hurricane Damaged

Considering the amount of damage, and how long the boat has been for sale. The price you are asking seems high. If you would like to talk about it please reply to us: williambheil@yahoo.com
williambheil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 14:29   #3
Marine Service Provider

I have a new oem door . Let me know If your interested. I have a few leopard doors and rudders. All new
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 15:42   #4

Is this still available?
garethprior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 17:08   #5
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethprior View Post
Is this still available?
Send me an email: djc@telus.net
SV Tender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 03:10   #6
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, garethprior [& williambheil & SV Tender] .

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 12:17   #7

Hello
I am wondering if you sold the leopard 39

These yachts are located in Antigua.

If my house does not sell soon, I need to sell one of these boats so I have a chance of sailing this winter. Hopefully my house will sell soon and I can remove the listings.

If you have money and are serious, please send me a message with a further inquiry.

2012 Leopard 39 - $55k USD

3 Cabin/2 head (electric)
Yanmar 3YM30 with SD20

It is a good project and hulls are good and overall no major 'structural' damage or cracking, but will require a fair amount of work. Catamaran was flipped upside down during the storm.

As a result there is damage to the roof, such that the ceiling height has reduced to about 5'10" in the main saloon and there is some damage to the sliding door frame. The door itself is missing. There is also damage to the corner cabinetry in the kitchen aft. Needs a new fridge. Berths including owners sliding door are in good condition. Some varnish work to be done in a few areas.

There is also a part of one bow that is missing where the watertight compartment is. There is also some damage to the other bow, and a some along the sides. Some tabbing on the inside. Some crackind around one crossbeam mount. Overall, there is fair-moderate fibreglass damages but all very repairable. Also needs a few windows, and most hatches. Currently the deck of the catamaran needs to be cleaned of some barnacles, but the rest of the boat is clean. Rubrail is still currently intact.

Vessel has one rotating engine and two good sail drives. Saildrives will require new diaphrams, and there is only one propeller. The good engine needs freshwater water pump installed and needs new starter, alternator etc. Also included are two more parts engines, one of which I believe should rotate as well, once attempted. Also included is one rudder, and I believe there is another post as well too which is damaged at the bottom which could be rebuilt if you needed a temporary/or longer possibly rudder. Keels are in good condition. No winches. No GPS, VHF, instruments, engine start panels, or interior water pumps. The throttle lever control will have to be replaced.

The main electrical panels are intact but water damaged. Some of the wiring is usable, but some will need to be replaced, special consideration to 120v, but a duplicate panel could "bolt in" for the panel above the fridge new fusable links can be purchased for the lower panel.

Hartop is intact and in place, but damaged. There is no 'helm cover' though, and the helm seat itself is missing, but the seat posts and railings are there. Included is also a dinghy davit, but no hardtop posts (that the dinghy davits mounts too). Pretty well most stainless stantions are missing, but there are some good cletes and damaged bow seats and pushpits. All the interior ceiling vinyl panels are present to take patterns from and some could be reused.

Included is a full length mast which has an extra spice 4ft up from the base. There is some corrosion on the mast and boom but very usable. Has spreaders. Needs to be completed and rigged, some cables are included. Included is a mainsail in very good condition. I think there is a lazy bag.

New crossbeam is needed. A good one and/or repairable may be available - not sure yet. New trampoline is needed.

Currently, there is another boat available to rake a roof and bow mold from.

I also have mattress' and saloon cushions from a another different boat we could negotiate, as well as some smaller items.

Some Photos of the 39:

2013 Leopard 44 - $210k USD

4 cabin/4 head (electric)
Yanmar 3JH5E with SD50

Damaged in the storm, took on some water on the port side to the floorboards - almost everything is now repaired. Just needs about $20-30k in parts/labour to finish her off. (including: final gelcoat, trampoline, couple water pumps, gps, couple engine gauges, one engine and rudder need reinstalling, the new supplied crossbeam installed, halyards, vhf, fridge thermostat, 2 fixed acrylic hull windows)

Excellent mast and standing rigging included.

Boat is further along than the photos.

Photos of the 44:

[/QUOTE]
seanM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane, leopard