Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-02-2017, 10:23   #1

Boat: Pacific Seacraft 37
2003 Pacific Seacraft Dana

I am reluctantly making my 2003 Dana available for purchase. She is immaculate, professionally maintained, and with every need, big and small, attended to. Waxed routinely, chrome polished, covered in winter, this is not a fixer-upper. The wood sparkles with easy to maintain Cetol gloss coat over natural teak color, which was prepped and applied by a true expert who made it look close to varnish. She has an aluminum toe rail and a green stripe. I have more photos and further information. Please contact me and I can send you a link.

A few details:

- Only approx. 220 engine hours on the Yanmar.

- Recent genoa on Harken furler, original main in good condition.
- B&G Triton combination speed, depth, wind, Raymarine chartplotter, Raymarine tillerpilot - all installed within the last few years.
- 2 AGM batteries about 4 years old. Also kept charged during winter.
- New solid stainless Anderson 40 self-tailing primary winches recently installed.
- Cushions below like new
- Fairclough cover, installed and removed annually by fairclough.
- Dodger with grab rail, bimini, lifeline covers, tiller cover, hatch cover, winch covers - all Sunbrella toast.
- All maintenance work performed by highly regarded marina

Asking $74,900.
Located in Norwalk, CT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LUMA I.jpg
Views:	976
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	141708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Luma II.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	141709  

flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 09:56   #2

Re: 2003 Pacific Seacraft Dana

This immaculate boat is still available!

Offers encouraged!
Old 28-04-2017, 16:43   #3

Boat: BLock Island 40 Yawl S/V Honeymoon

This may help

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/63836

Did not see the length in the description it is a 27 foot just to clarify.
CaptJamesCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 17:11   #4

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooksFraming View Post
This may help

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/63836

Did not see the length in the description it is a 27 foot just to clarify.
FWIW, the Dana is only 24 feet length on deck; the "27" includes the bowsprit, which is kinda misleading IMO.

And honestly, 75 grand for a 14 year old production 24 footer is pretty steep. Not too surprising to have few replies...

Jim
Old 28-04-2017, 19:09   #5

Another question: Sailboat data says last built in 1999. So, how can this be a 2003 build?

Jim
Old 28-04-2017, 20:19   #6

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Jim. It went back into production.
Quote:
Pacific Seacraft ceased production of the Dana 24 in 1997, but after a three year hiatus interest was reignited as the economy slowed. The company recommenced limited production in 2000 however only a few were sold.

In 2007, Pacific Seacraft entered receivership before changing hands to its new owner, Stephen Brodie. Interestingly, the Dana 24 molds were not part of Brodie’s acquisition. Instead the molds passed to a dealership in Seattle called Seacraft Yachts who have made the boat available once again (starting with hull number #351).
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 20:41   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post
Jim. It went back into production.
wow, that's as convoluted as British royalty families!

thanks for the history lesson!

Jim
Old 28-04-2017, 22:51   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Seacraft only made a few of them and then they stopped. They were trying to sell the molds a few years ago but I don't know where they ended up.

The Dana is a sweet boat and commands a relatively high price.
Paul Elliott, S/V VALIS - Pacific Seacraft 44 #16 - Friday Harbor, WA
www.sailvalis.com
Paul Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 22:55   #9

Boat: Truant Triad 37 Cutter-Alaska, Leopard 40 Cat, Bahamas

I've never seen a cheap Dana Jim, and this may be at the top but if it's as Bristol as the owner claims, well it may be a good asking price to start with so that he ends up with a good return for his efforts. I've looked at really nice and really average Danas and no matter what they seem expensive. I think they are exceptional boats but not sure if worth that much- although if I was alone and wanted a small live aboard the only thing that comes to mind as a better boat is a Bristol Channel cutter and they are even more!
seahag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 20:53   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahag View Post
I've never seen a cheap Dana Jim, and this may be at the top but if it's as Bristol as the owner claims, well it may be a good asking price to start with so that he ends up with a good return for his efforts. I've looked at really nice and really average Danas and no matter what they seem expensive. I think they are exceptional boats but not sure if worth that much- although if I was alone and wanted a small live aboard the only thing that comes to mind as a better boat is a Bristol Channel cutter and they are even more!
I guess that I fail to see the attraction, nor what qualities support the very high prices. Must be a personal thing, and I don't want to denigrate someone else's taste in boats... they might start bad mouthing MY boat!

RE comparison to the BCC: the BCC is considerably bigger IIRC, and has its own group of devotees. Again, not my cup of tea, but a very successful design.

Perhaps my thinking is driven by the availability of considerably larger boats, ones capable of anything the Dana is likely to do, for considerably less money. For some sailors, that would be compelling, others are more interested in the image projected by the Dana.

I'll bow out of the discussion, and wish the OP success in his sale... but i still think it is misleading to advertise it as a 27 foot boat!

Jim
Old 29-04-2017, 21:38   #11
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Elliott View Post
... ...

The Dana is a sweet boat and commands a relatively high price.
I did a short repositioning/delivery on a Dana of the same vintage. These little boats have great fit and finish. They are well laid out so they feel bigger than they are, even for someone who is 6'2". Clearly, there are devotees to this line.

As others have said, the asking price is in the ballpark for a Dana.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 22:55   #12

Boat: Colvin, Saugeen Witch (Aluminum), 34'

This is something that a Dana 24 can do that bigger boats cannot:

Travel (and launch) with a normal boat trailer and tow with a larger personal vehicle. Not too many "trailer sailors" that are also ocean worthy.

Steve

Panope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 09:25   #13

Boat: Pacific Seacraft Dana 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snore View Post
I did a short repositioning/delivery on a Dana of the same vintage. These little boats have great fit and finish. They are well laid out so they feel bigger than they are, even for someone who is 6'2". Clearly, there are devotees to this line.

As others have said, the asking price is in the ballpark for a Dana.
That was my Dana and Snore is a great delivery captain / honest business person, highly recommended! He did the move, made notes on the boat and even put out chafing gear during a blow. Thanks Bill!!
Xdeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 09:45   #14

Boat: Pacific Seacraft Dana 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
I guess that I fail to see the attraction, nor what qualities support the very high prices. Must be a personal thing, and I don't want to denigrate someone else's taste in boats... they might start bad mouthing MY boat!

RE comparison to the BCC: the BCC is considerably bigger IIRC, and has its own group of devotees. Again, not my cup of tea, but a very successful design.

Perhaps my thinking is driven by the availability of considerably larger boats, ones capable of anything the Dana is likely to do, for considerably less money. For some sailors, that would be compelling, others are more interested in the image projected by the Dana.

I'll bow out of the discussion, and wish the OP success in his sale... but i still think it is misleading to advertise it as a 27 foot boat!

Jim
LOA is 24.16 ft that of course doesn't include bowsprit, anyone considering this boat can easily find the detailed specs and see that. You will be charged for 27' in every case (when there is not already a 30' min charge) for slips, haul outs, etc. Being a Dana owner of course I am biased but prior to my purchase I looked closely at all similarly sized boats (up to 30') and could not find many brands (Morris comes to mind) with comparable construction, designer, reputation, and builder at similar cost/ft. There are plenty of bigger boats with a lot less room/usable space, although storage for things that are long are an inconvenience on this boat.

Pacific Seacraft Dana 24 review
Xdeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:24   #15

Price dropped to $69,900. OFFERS ENCOURAGED.

Tags
pacific seacraft