Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2020, 13:44   #16

Boat: Dickerson 37AC
Re: 1986 Dickerson 37 AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Nice job with the extra info!! cheers!

Forgot to ask, I assume the hull and decks have no soft spots or blisters on hull? thank you

No blisters, no soft spots.
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 16:00   #17

Thank you for confirming.. cheers!!
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 17:41   #18

Extensive walk thru tour in 4K of almost everything, should answer most questions about condition and equipment. Might take awhile for YouTube to get HD video up and running.

Old 05-08-2020, 10:35   #19

That's a GREAT video!! Thanks for taking the to film, edit and upload it. It is greatly appreciated!! Yah, I asked about the stanchions as I've seen several boats where the bedding was very soft and moved like crazy.. Even tightly screwed into the base bracket.. Thanks for showing that... It may have been asked, but why are you selling her? Thanks again for your time and help!! cheers!!!
Old 05-08-2020, 12:44   #20

Quote:
That's a GREAT video!! Thanks for taking the to film, edit and upload it. It is greatly appreciated!! Yah, I asked about the stanchions as I've seen several boats where the bedding was very soft and moved like crazy.. Even tightly screwed into the base bracket.. Thanks for showing that... It may have been asked, but why are you selling her? Thanks again for your time and help!! cheers!!!
Thx. Basically we haven't been sailing her. My kids are 9 & 11 and are heavy into sports and more interested in tubing and fishing. Weekends are short. I started my own company 2.5 years ago and that doesn't allow me to take weeks off at a time.

We barely sailed it last year other than a 250 mile race/trip to Maine and back that I did solo last year. Maybe 10 day sails in 2019. 2020 has seen about 5 day sails so far.

All my friends have center consoles and in order to participate in those activities with our kids we needed a boat. I bought a 17' Whaler this summer and totally refitted it including a new outboard. I have spent more time on the water on that Whaler than I have in 2 years on Siena.

I do truly love Siena and have poured my heart, soul and a ton of cash into getting it just the way I want it. Only to find that my family is just not that into going 6 knots. This year there was no Figawi and not sure about 2021. Without that anchor trip to get me motivated in May, I just can't justify the effort to get her ready.

And it's a shame honestly. It's a great boat and it deserves a better steward than I can be. Had a hard time accepting that but that's my honest answer.
Old 05-08-2020, 13:02   #21

That's a great answer and thank you.. I can fully understand your current situation as most of my friends and family are in the exact same scenario.. Chat soon.. cheers!!
Old 10-08-2020, 15:54   #22

How soon are you looking to sell her? Thank you
Old 10-08-2020, 16:14   #23

Boat: Sabre 34II

sailah, your boats is in great condition and by your video description I can tell you have given her quite a bit of love. I should also mention that you have been very honest in describing her condition and things she needs fixed, I would seriously consider her if we hadn’t bought our current boat last year. I wish you all the best with the sale.
Knotical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:33   #24

Quote:
How soon are you looking to sell her? Thank you
Doesn't matter. Boat is ready to go. If it doesn't sell I will do as I always do to put her to bed for winter. Likely race in Figawi 2021 (50th anniversary) and then reevaluate cruising plans for next summer. Might take it north to Maine for a week in a few weeks.

If you're really serious about looking at it, come on up and let's go for a sail. Having been a broker, this is a much nicer option than the traditional buying scenario where you need to have a deposit to even do a survey much less even go for a sail. When I bought Siena, it was on the hard, and I never even got to sail it until the day I brought it home.

I also have a 2014 survey from when I bought the boat. In most cases, all the issues have been corrected and the boat has only been improved significantly. The only thing that has not improved is the paint condition but I think I went over that pretty thoroughly in video.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:39   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotical View Post
sailah, your boats is in great condition and by your video description I can tell you have given her quite a bit of love. I should also mention that you have been very honest in describing her condition and things she needs fixed, I would seriously consider her if we hadn’t bought our current boat last year. I wish you all the best with the sale.
Thx, I tend to obsess about the details. I also don't like surprises and I wouldn't want to be a buyer and show up and say "Wow, you didn't tell me about this!". That's why I like to show the good and bad, because there always are both.

While this isn't a liveaboard for months type of boat, it is very well built, pretty and strong. In New England it also rates very favorably, less so in other areas like the Chesapeake.

Someone asked me about the dodger. I make it sound like there isn't one. I do have the old dodger that I've repaired. It could be further repaired and put back into service or a new one crafted from the yards of Sunbrella Seamark fabric I bought to match the sailcover. I have an entire roll of vinyl window material, Tenara thread. Even have a monster Juki walking foot sewing machine that could be included for the asking price.
Old 12-08-2020, 17:48   #26

Boat: Pearson 10M

Hello,

Nice looking boat. I believe most of these were sold as cutters. Was this an exception, or was it modified to a sloop rig? If so, is the rigging for the staysail still available?

Thank you
BobbyReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 10:48   #27

Thank for the update and love your outlook on how to sell the boat, even with your brokerage background, I love how we can just do the whole thing in one shot without the annoying steps before even turning the key to the engine!! Being on the West Coast, getting to Boston is very challenging at the moment... But will figure something out.. chat soon.. I appreciate your time.. cheers!!
Old 14-08-2020, 16:36   #28

no inner forestay was ever rigged on this boat to my knowledge. I've never seen any mast or deck fittings. Just a sloop.
Old 17-08-2020, 09:08   #29

I’ll pass this on to my friends D & Don. They are active in the Dickerson owners Assoc and own Southern Cross a Dickerson 41.
Happ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 11:37   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happ View Post
I’ll pass this on to my friends D & Don. They are active in the Dickerson owners Assoc and own Southern Cross a Dickerson 41.
Thanks, I think I met them virtually at the DOA annual rendezvous this year. Was first time I was able to participate since I never get to make it down to MD during summer. The Dickerson forum is pretty quiet so not a lot of traffic vs CF.