Old 12-10-2012, 12:56   #1

Boat: ...none yet
Leopard 39 base price...

...what does it NOT include?!
Ardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 02:05   #2

Boat: PC44 Beach Marine Sailing Cat
Re: Leopard 39 base price...

No idea what the price in the USA is but here in Aus we have one advertised (2nd hand dealer) at Aus $469K!!!!!!!!
AU $469,000
huge price reduction

Convert to
Length 37' 6" - 11.43mVessel Location Brisbane QLDYear 2012Hull Material Advanced composite GRP sandwich construction Special PresentationClick here to viewVirtual
Tour/Video
Click here to viewUsed Leopard 39 for Sale | Yachts For Sale | Yachthub

Sure it is a dammed side cheaper in USA BUT wait - this is Australia - we require so much more and have so much more red tape and taxes that are applied plus they will tell you it is the transport, the duties, the conversion to 240v (but they come out of South Afica like that, oops you are not meant to know that) then there is the AQUIS fumigation fee, the gas fitter has to re do to Australian standards etc etc.... Want a rip off economy - welcome to Aus! We are better and because we only have 21 million people in a country the size of the USA everything is double the price it should be - we do not have the volume. So many suckers live here mate!
Peterbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 04:24   #3

Boat: Franz Maas 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterbee View Post
No idea what the price in the USA is but here in Aus we have one advertised (2nd hand dealer) at Aus $469K!!!!!!!!
AU $469,000
huge price reduction

Convert to
Length 37' 6" - 11.43mVessel Location Brisbane QLDYear 2012Hull Material Advanced composite GRP sandwich construction Special PresentationClick here to viewVirtual
Tour/VideoClick here to viewUsed Leopard 39 for Sale | Yachts For Sale | Yachthub

Sure it is a dammed side cheaper in USA BUT wait - this is Australia - we require so much more and have so much more red tape and taxes that are applied plus they will tell you it is the transport, the duties, the conversion to 240v (but they come out of South Afica like that, oops you are not meant to know that) then there is the AQUIS fumigation fee, the gas fitter has to re do to Australian standards etc etc.... Want a rip off economy - welcome to Aus! We are better and because we only have 21 million people in a country the size of the USA everything is double the price it should be - we do not have the volume. So many suckers live here mate!
What a load of tripe!
Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 05:01   #4

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 43 & S2 6.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzee View Post
What a load of tripe!
Not to mention it didn't even come close to answering the question.

I dont know what is NOT included, but I am pretty sure the A/C and genset are standard. Watermaker would be an item that isn't included. I'm thinking the way it's setup for charter is probably the base.

Best way to find out - contact them. . Then report back of course
maytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 06:20   #5

Boat: Franz Maas 37

There is a downloadable, 16 page brochure here: Robertson and Caine | World Class Catamarans

I guess this is as close as you will come to discovering the base equipment without venturing into the world of your friendly sales rep.
Good luck.
Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 14:44   #6

Sure is a load of trip that we have to endure such amazing margins in price! I actually contacted the R & C factory direct in Cape Town South Africa and requested a price to collect ex factory in Cape Town to do a slow trip over a few years back to Aus. I was told that they do not deal direct and sent my request to the USA distributors. (all this within 8 hours of my enquiry) I then received an email from the USA distributors copying the Aus distributors and advising me I would have to deal with Australia (Again enquiry now under 24 hours old and excellent customer service and response time). That was 10 days ago - I am still awaiting a response from the "Australian Distributor"!!!!!
I searched the forums and found a price list published form the 2012 boat show">Annapolis Boat show 2 weeks ago - the base price of the 39 in the USA is (Show special) US$299K (Aus 292K but call it the same for this excercise)
So then I searched Aus and found the "used demo" 39 for sale at Aus $469K (USA $479K) and screaming "Huge Reduction" - see advert at - Used Leopard 39 for Sale | Yachts For Sale | Yachthub
So not sure what this tripe is that was responded to - easy to answer a quesiton with a 5 word statement and no clarification though.
If $469 is the "used" price - what is the "new price" and as a demo I am assuming it would be base factory fitout?
Just trying to figure out why I would have to pay all those costs to collect in Cape Town South Africa, fit what is needed for blue water and start cruising. May not get back to Aus for 5 - 8 years...... may decide to stay in the Carribean...but have to pay Aussie prices??? Anyway thought his would start a flurry of responses.
Old 13-10-2012, 19:40   #7

Boat: Building a Schionning Wilderness 44ft

I have attached the upgrades included at this years Sanctuary Cove boat show in Aust. I assume the upgrades are not included in the base price and if the case then no A/C in the base price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0152.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	387.8 KB
ID:	48253  
phillw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 02:29   #8

So $200K more than Annapolis! And I assume Annapolis includes taxes or does the USA work differently as in Aus tax is normally included in quoted prices?
Old 15-10-2012, 10:39   #9
Marine Service Provider

Hello Forum,

Attached the specification & option list for hull #135, the Annapolis boat show demonstrator. This yacht was sold on the 2nd day of the show.

As you can see, the difference between Australia is much less than earlier stated. Bear in mind that Australia has 25% GST / import duty and the delivery from Capetown is twice the distance. Also, the Australian designated Leopard 39's are 220V wired.

Fair winds,

Peter Wiersema
Leopard Catamarans USA
+1 954 260 4913
peterw (at) leopardcatamarans.com
catabroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 10:48   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterbee View Post
So $200K more than Annapolis! And I assume Annapolis includes taxes or does the USA work differently as in Aus tax is normally included in quoted prices?
In the US taxes are generally not included in price.
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 11:19   #11
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by catabroker
Hello Forum,

Attached the specification & option list for hull #135, the Annapolis boat show demonstrator. This yacht was sold on the 2nd day of the show.

As you can see, the difference between Australia is much less than earlier stated. Bear in mind that Australia has 25% GST / import duty and the delivery from Capetown is twice the distance. Also, the Australian designated Leopard 39's are 220V wired.

Fair winds,

Peter Wiersema
Leopard Catamarans USA
+1 954 260 4913
Wouldn't the 220 wiring be cheaper than 110?
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 12:08   #12
Marine Service Provider

Same price for 110V/220V version of the Leopard 39'.

Some of the 220V equipment (battery charger, inverter) is slightly more expensive but is is marginal.

Peter Wiersema
Leopard Catamarans USA
+1 954 2604913
catabroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 13:26   #13

Boat: Beneteau 32.5

In addition to the great list Phillw provided, upgrading engines is a notable cost upgrade over base price that many owners and chater companies opt for.
nautical62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 15:25   #14
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by catabroker View Post
...Bear in mind that Australia has 25% GST / import duty
No it doesn't. GST is 10% and duty is 5% The Duty is paid on the value plus GST so the effective total is 15.5%
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 15:26   #15

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catabroker View Post
Hello Forum,

Fair winds,

Peter Wiersema
Leopard Catamarans USA
+1 954 260 4913
Australian duties are 15% made up of 10% GST and 5% import duty for vessels built in countries without a free trade agreement. A vessel built in USA such as the Alpha 42 would not be subject to import duty, just the 10% GST on import to Aust.

Cheers
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leopard, price