Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2017, 01:16   #1

Boat: 1980 Pacific International Marine 41.5
Getting from LA/USA to Guaymas/San Carlos MX

Hey everyone,

I am currently traveling Europe right now, but returning to LA on September 1st. I am planning on going down to San Carlos/Guaymas, MX come September 3rd to look at boats, hoping to depart back to the USA on the 6th or 7th(I need to be back in LA on the 9th for a flight to Seattle - home).

I am having troubles finding a route to get to Guaymas from LA. It looks like Tufesea goes direct from LA, however, their website is not working correctly for me so I can't tell if that is true. Do they also run from Guaymas back to LA?

If you have any other suggested routes, am all ears to it!

Thanks!
chowdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 07:32   #2

Re: Getting from LA/USA to Guaymas/San Carlos MX

I flew into Hermosillo via Phoenix then cab to bus station, 220 pesos, bus to Guaymas, 165 pesos (!) and cab to San Carlos 200 pesos. Dont know what bus company I used going down but very comfortable. Tufesa back, also comfortable.
I understand Tufesa goes to Tucson too. Air to Hermosillo is kinda high.
By the way, just below the Marinaterra is a brokerage and Marisa is a great broker. Her husband is the top local surveyor. Nice people.
The other brokerage in the area - not so much....
Flyingriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 10:13   #3
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

flying riki--==if the other broker is rays, he has given up on life and has apathy on selling boats. would rather socialize here in mazatlan than sell his brokered boats, many boats here in mazatlan for sale not sold. he has 4 or 5 locations and has faded faast since wife died a few years on back. one must be here to use his service.

by car the ride is not so long and more flexibility in sites for searches.,. it is 5 or 6 hours time drive from guaymas to phx.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 10:40   #4

Boat: Amel Maramu 48

Muchisimas gracias for the endorsement, Flyingriki! Much appreciated. My husband Allan Smith says thank you as well!

Chowdan -- PM me if you need assistance. I'd suggest you look into flights into PHX or TUS and take the Tufesa bus down to Guaymas from there. As mentioned by Flyingriki, flights into HMO are much more expensive.

You can also try San Carlos Sonora Mexico Travel Guide | What's up San Carlos for suggestions on trip planning.

Most of my clients do a fly-drive or fly-bus-cab combination if they are coming from further than the W or SW states in the US.

Saludos,
Marisa Velasco
SV Chicane / Avenger Yacht Sales
Marina San Carlos
Chicane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
san carlos