Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2016, 10:55   #1

Boat: Seafarer36c
Western Carib WX

I want to move our boat from Guatemala to Florida before the northers start. I need some sort of date for crew. I also need to be prudent for their sake at least so I am thinking of the date of the last recorded storm that started in that area, Nov. 23rd. Even with a 5 day forecast being a reach this time of year down there you could play with things if it looked all clear and sunny. If it came to it, there is a storm hole in Belize and another on the NW tip of Cuba.
I need to sell this plan to my wife who won't be there but was there for an early Nov passage once. Hurricane Ida popped up right behind us in just 2 days. Thankfully she does know that northers seem to start at the end of hurricane season so you need to get north as soon as possible. If you don't it can take forever, waiting, a week here a week there. I want to do the whole trip in something like a week or so. One of the reasons she won't be along she is more of a cruiser type.
model 10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rib