Stuck 500 miles from my boat
... I thought I'd try and do something useful.
I've written a little app that collects marine weather
data from both Environment Canada
and NOAA (and even some data from the Mexican met office) into one place.
- Text based forecasts for all marine
waters around North America.
- Ocean buoy weather
- Coastal weather station reports
- Lighthouse weather reports (BC only)
weather radar images
- All the WeFax charts
: synoptic charts
maps, 500mb charts etc.
- GOES IR satellite images
- Probabilistic wind/wave modelling maps
- Ocean ice conditions (just in case anyone is planning on heading north)
Quick access to favourite data is stored on the "home screen".
Obviously I'm only really interested in the north Pacific
coast WA, BC and AK, but once I had both US and Canadian data involved, there was no reason not to include the rest of the continent.
I wrote it because I'm hoping I'll find it useful ... but I've made it public and free just in case any of you do also ...
sorry not available for iPhone