Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2020, 16:11   #31

Boat: C&C 35 MK-II
Re: TheBoatAPP - Boat Maintenance & Management App

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineDataCloud View Post
We ARE a Sponsoring Vendor. Thank you for asking.
You may want to check your membership, Sponsoring Vendors gets a badge like "supporting members" do.
Old 08-02-2020, 16:13   #32

Boat: C&C 35 MK-II

Ok, my bad. I missed the badge below your avatar. Apologies.
Old 08-02-2020, 20:03   #33

Boat: Sea Sport Voyager 30'

As someone who has been looking for this sort of thing, I installed the app on my iPad, and got an account. In trying to set it up, it’s obvious it’s intended for a European audience. After 5 attempts, I could not fill out a profile. The only currency type available is the euro (no US $$). I found it quite disappointing and have deleted it. I suspect someone dumped a beta version on us and wanted us to do the testing for them. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...
GWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 21:59   #34

Boat: Scanmar 33

I tried to recover the password, nothing happened ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sh1.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	208352  
foboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 00:05   #35
Sponsoring Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronstory View Post
Ok, my bad. I missed the badge below your avatar. Apologies.
No harmed feelings! Mistakes happen (...like those with our app as you may see, which will be soon rectified and you'll be around to see it).

We have full understing of actively supporting platforms like CF and we hope in the future to have the means (i.e. funds) to do so even more.

Marine Data Cloud
MarineDataCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 00:56   #36
Sponsoring Vendor

Go easy on us please! Meaning, do post your feedback and civilized criticism but don't ostracize us for the bugs or not optimize UI (user interface). On our side we had to decide going live and collect real feedback or keep sticking on the whiteboard and workbench and keep fixing/improving/adding. We selected the former.

For this reason we made our first public communication on CF these days. We know is the right place to get the right feedback from the right people.

In short, we launched on end of 2019 and for better or worse we are a start up with a dozen of people and not Microsoft! The good thing is that we are committed to get it right and we have the allocated funds to get there, sooner than later.

The effort is not an easy task since it involves a very wide range of functionalities. We have been told to go simple with just a logbook or a task tracker or checklists. We preferred to go the whole way from the design phase and include what we believe, and told, to be needed functionalities.

All your feedback is being collected and analyzed in our project management tool (Jira) with numerous tasks being created for our Dev team. To name very few:

1) lack of ability to request anew verification of email address (if the user leaves the registration screen before confirming he has received the verification email)
2) similarly to No1, ability for the user to be able to change the email address to be verified (e.g. in case of a non-accessible mailbox or lost email password, etc)
3) our planned disaster recovery site (replication of all infrastructure) has to be expedited. A server and firewall glitch impacted us badly these days, taking offline critical components (e.g. registrations)
4) account and data deletion
5) ...many more..

Closing, please take a look at our Tutorials. They describe how things are supposed(!) to work and let us know. We are here to listen to you and make it work. We will.

Thank you all for your time and comments, especially the elaborated ones.

Marine Data Cloud
Old 12-06-2020, 09:30   #37

Marine data Cloud,
I am testing the app now. Many things look great.
Here is my Feature request:
When you are creating a Recurring Maintenance I think their needs to be an option for Hours. All engine and generator maintenance items are usually scheduled by hours and that is an important thing to have in the log. Typical oil change for a generator would be every 150 hours or annually. I can imagine it will be difficult but it is very important to be able to update your running hours and have an idea when your next filter change will be. Also when you go to sell the boat, a new owner is going to want to see that historic data.
Thanks,
I also put in a ticket for the feature on marinedatacloud
bareboneii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 13:15   #38
Sponsoring Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareboneii View Post
Marine data Cloud,
I am testing the app now. Many things look great.
Here is my Feature request:
When you are creating a Recurring Maintenance I think their needs to be an option for Hours. All engine and generator maintenance items are usually scheduled by hours and that is an important thing to have in the log. Typical oil change for a generator would be every 150 hours or annually. I can imagine it will be difficult but it is very important to be able to update your running hours and have an idea when your next filter change will be. Also when you go to sell the boat, a new owner is going to want to see that historic data.
Thanks,
I also put in a ticket for the feature on marinedatacloud
Hello there and thanks for the encouraging words!

In v2.0 (expected during JUL for web and about a month later on Mobile apps) the Usage-threshold is unitless, meaning that is a pure number which the user may use as it fits him. So, this can be Hours (e.g. for engines/generators) or gallons/litters (e.g. for watermakers/filters). There will be also Recurrence on Usage since, as you are pointing is quite critical for proper maintenance activities and usage log per equipent.

We have also designed two levels of alerts, one at the user-defined threshold level (e.g. 1.000 hours/litters) and one pre-alert at a user-defined time/usage*before reaching the threshold*(e.g. 100 hours/liters/days before the threshold). I think we got you and all our fellow sailors covered!

Thanking you, we wish you being well, safe and cruise more!

Marine Data Cloud
Old 21-10-2020, 09:15   #39

Boat: Gemini 105MC

Downloaded the app And when I tried to sign up it said my email was already registered. No way to recover password from the app. Thanks.

Edit:got it working had to go to my email and verify. Maybe add a prompt during sign up that this is a required step.
maJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2022, 13:28   #40

Boat: Hunter Marine 38

Anybody really using this app? We are now 2 years later, is somebody able to give feedback based on registering data in the app over the last 2 years?
sailormed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2022, 12:12   #41
Sponsoring Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailormed View Post
Anybody really using this app? We are now 2 years later, is somebody able to give feedback based on registering data in the app over the last 2 years?

Hello dear SailorMed,

We have a few thousands users and the whole platform is being in active development as you may read in the CF post of web-2.0 version. For more details, please refer to the online Changelog.

Additionally, we work on TheBoatDB-2.0 which is due for release this quarter (2022Q1) and also Mobile-2.0 (both Android and iOS, fully redeveloped) scheduled for 2022Q2.

Thank you.

Marine Data Cloud
Old 08-04-2022, 15:19   #42

More frustration than any app ever. Won't even let me sign up. kept saying "passwords must match" Well they matched or perhaps I've acquired dyslexia and don't know it? I gave up. Is this supposed to work with Droid? Can I have my 30 minutes back?
Russian007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, grass, maintenance, men